**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• OmarOmar Posts: 36
    Grub wrote: »
    They want you to spend units buying the 200 unit crystals duping 3 stars for 4 star shards which then can be used to gain 5* shards with the chance of gaining a dupe from an extremely large pool for a minisculr amount of 6* shards.

Basically they are trying to reinvigorate the old days were large amounts of people would drop hundreds/thousands just to get a 4* newly released champ. Sadly I think those days are long passed, to often people are seeing how quickly you devalue your digital intellectual property. You are walking a very fine line here Kabam. Make 6* progression all cash/crystal luck based and many people will just get off the hamster wheel. I do give you credit for how you introduced 5* in the manner you did and made gaining them possible for the majority of your players at varying speeds. 6* just appears to me to be a cash grab of the old crystals days hoping people spends hundreds on your new PHC grandmaster crystal

So true!!! This is the real cause for concern.
  • I think if the concept of 6* is to be entertained then every one should get a basic set of 5 * champ to begin with 1 from each class
    Science captain ww-11
    Skill BW
    Mutant wolvie
    Tech SL
    Cosmic Thor
    Mystic SW
    JUST TO MAKE THINGS FAIR

It may seem like these are really powerful champs but then again if you are planning to introduce 6* Magic 6* juggernaut these are the champs to counter that.

• CapWW2 wrote: »
    Enjoy the game why you feel the need to catch up, catch up to what, please !!!!

dude enjoy the game why you are replying to all the concerns... Take a chill pill
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    I finished LOL and did not rank up a third 5 star!!!! That is smart! You choose how to play and how to use your resources. Why being so dramatic! No one forces you how to invest your stuff!

tell me your username so that we can verify and upload some videos on youtube on how to fight too. would love to see your game
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    I think if the concept of 6* is to be entertained then every one should get a basic set of 5 * champ to begin with 1 from each class
    Science captain ww-11
    Skill BW
    Mutant wolvie
    Tech SL
    Cosmic Thor
    Mystic SW
    JUST TO MAKE THINGS FAIR

It may seem like these are really powerful champs but then again if you are planning to introduce 6* Magic 6* juggernaut these are the champs to counter that.

That is a ridiculous idea. First, SL is already available as a 5*. Second, why should Kabam gift everyone 6 free 5*? Where is the logic in that?
  • Viper1987 wrote: »
    I think if the concept of 6* is to be entertained then every one should get a basic set of 5 * champ to begin with 1 from each class
    Science captain ww-11
    Skill BW
    Mutant wolvie
    Tech SL
    Cosmic Thor
    Mystic SW
    JUST TO MAKE THINGS FAIR

That is a ridiculous idea. First, SL is already available as a 5*. Second, why should Kabam gift everyone 6 free 5*? Where is the logic in that?

I know 5 * SL is available, the post says everyone who has invested time in the game, for example if someone has played the game for 2 years then he spent so many resources for the same. the introduction of a 6* means literal death of 4* so those players should be compensated in this regards. the compensation can be this plus players will still have to dupe them so this makes it fair game for both sides
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Science captain ww-11
    Skill BW
    Mutant wolvie
    Tech SL
    Cosmic Thor
    Mystic SW
    JUST TO MAKE THINGS FAIR

I know 5 * SL is available, the post says everyone who has invested time in the game, for example if someone has played the game for 2 years then he spent so many resources for the same. the introduction of a 6* means literal death of 4* so those players should be compensated in this regards. the compensation can be this plus players will still have to dupe them so this makes it fair game for both sides

This is just an example of melodrama. You have no idea how prevalent 6* will be and where you will meet them. I guarantee you won't be seeing a whole lot in AW for quite a while. You put too much emphasis on the vague CR system. You have not even had a chance to see how things will be with 6* implemented. I used all 5/50 in AQ for path clearing and have no problems and neither do most of my alliance mates. This is with a 56555 schedule in a top 200 alliance. Worst case scenario I see, is the 5/50 may not have enough attack to finish off bosses on day 4/5 against 6* and you time out but in that case, you should have at least one 4/55 attacker or a good regen champ like Wolvie or Rogue by then and if you don't, you're not in the right alliance tier. Kabam is under no obligation to just give 6 free 5* because of this announcement and introduction to the game. Entitlement does not suit us. Let us actually earn it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Science captain ww-11
    Skill BW
    Mutant wolvie
    Tech SL
    Cosmic Thor
    Mystic SW
    JUST TO MAKE THINGS FAIR

This seems to be directed at only one side. It isn't fair to the top tier players who would be told that in exchange for having the opportunity to grind for 6* champions everyone else is going to be handed champs they also grinded hard for. I'm not even sure it is fair to the mid tier players that would now have their progress diluted by the fact that any competitive advantage they now possess against other players of similar caliber would be diluted by everyone having the same set of 5* starter champs. It sounds like this suggestion is targeted specifically at one set of players of which I am reasonably sure you are a member of: the set of players that wants more 5* champions quickly and doesn't care who else gets them.

Even though this would almost double my 5* roster in an instant, I would vote against this idea if it was actually put up to a vote, which I'm sure would never happen regardless.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Registering my annoyance.

• DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    There is no way to rationalize the release of 6's as a reasonable decision.

95% of the playerbase:

1. have a very hard time ranking up their 4s to rank 5.
    2. or have a handful of 4* r5s but a largely worthless set of unduped 5*s that are mostly at rank 2.

Giving us 6's so soon only punishes this 95% and makes their current roster even more worthless.

All this move does is further widen the already enormous gap between the top alliances and everyone else. Everyone stuck behind the t4c wall is even more screwed.

You can't go from having no T5Bs, extremely rare T2s, rare T4Cs to suddenly releasing 6*s that only the top 0.5% can benefit from.

You can't force this stuff. 6*s should be released in late 2018 at the earliest. Give a healthy portion of the player base the chance to r5 their 4*s and 5*s easily first before releasing release 6*s.
  • bradshaw1984bradshaw1984 Posts: 50
    This just goes to show, any time kabam claims to listen to the community then take it with a pinch of salt. I'm very active on this game and in the community and of all the complaints and wishes I have never once heard anyone desiring 6*'s to further diminish our efforts up this point and devalue all we have worked for.

I hated 5* because they made me feel like my 4* roster wasn't worth all the effort. I got used to it and now, before I've even maxed 1 single 5* to the best of its ability, they already feel like old news.

When does it end? Will we all be here chasing 9* champs in 2020?

The way to keep the game interesting and fresh is new, exciting, innovating CONTENT, not moving the goalposts every time we get within touching distance or diminishing our ability to compete without enormous financial investment.

Very sad day.
  • I feel really bad for ppl who just purchased the t4c offer ($69.99) a few days ago. Moral of the story: never buy anything Kabam offers.
  • Been playing the game since Jan 2015. Love to read all the panic going on for something that will evolve over 2018. Many posters are treating the 6* release as the end of their Kabam life.--"what am I gonna do if if can't get a 6*! OMG!!!"
    You have to find your niche in this game and play within it.
    If you like playing this GAME, there will still be (hopefully) content you can do. Kabam can't continue to grow the customer base (I.e. $ paying customers) without still providing content for new customers to progress thru. There will still be monthly quests. There will still be arenas. There will still be AQ & AW. They can't just have a game where new players have Act 1 and then have to jump directly to Act 5.
    This game sucks you into the arms race that Kabam has convinced a great majority of players feel they must compete in. Once you realize you don't have to participate in that arms race and stop caring about that the "other guy has something I don't", the game can be a fun, entertaining way to spend your free time.
    Let those who are overly competitive and obsessed with getting the rewards cycle have their addiction. If you're one of those addicts who "gotta get rewards to rank up to get rewards to rank up...", more power to you. Enjoy yourself. But for me, I'll keep playing as long as they make content I can enjoy within my means and peace of mind without the panic of worrying about whether I'm falling behind. I really don't care if I'm behind or ahead. I just want to play.
  • Marlboro_845Marlboro_845 Posts: 89
    IMPORTANT! Any 5-Star Champions that are duped starting August 30, 2017 in the latest release of Marvel Contest of Champions will receive 6-Star shards. We will not be granting 6-Star shards retroactively for any 5-Stars that you duped prior to August 30, 2017. Because of this, we are giving you advanced notice so that you can prepare.
    How much 6 stars shards are we getting ? Are we getting back by dupe lvls , or just once ?
  • I'm just concerned as far as the arena is concerned. What incentives are there for players to continue to grind for champions that are being power crept out or just simply stuck at a level where the resources don't justify bringing them up past a certain level? Units and Battle Chips for AQ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I think all the dramatics are premature. It's going to be a long time before they're introduced. Even less until they are attainable. Even still not mainstream right away. The idea that they'll make 4*'s obsolete is not sound because you won't have much luck Grinding any Basic, Featured, or potential 5* Arena without them. What we have is ample notice of where the game is going in the future. With all those complaining about transparency and communication, now that we have some, it's somehow a problem. 5*'s will be Maxed before they come. They won't be circulating that easily at first. The idea that it's useless to Rank anything else is entirely up to you. Personally I'll be continuing to Rank everything because that's how you advance in the game. I respect everyone's right to voice their concerns. I just think people are jumping the gun and overreacting a tad. Lol.
    IMPORTANT! Any 5-Star Champions that are duped starting August 30, 2017 in the latest release of Marvel Contest of Champions will receive 6-Star shards. We will not be granting 6-Star shards retroactively for any 5-Stars that you duped prior to August 30, 2017. Because of this, we are giving you advanced notice so that you can prepare.
    How much 6 stars shards are we getting ? Are we getting back by dupe lvls , or just once ?

The statement you quoted says you are NOT getting 6* shards retroactively for dups prior to August 30. The FAQ says you will be getting 275 shards when you dup a 5* champion AFTER August 30.
    I'm just concerned as far as the arena is concerned. What incentives are there for players to continue to grind for champions that are being power crept out or just simply stuck at a level where the resources don't justify bringing them up past a certain level? Units and Battle Chips for AQ?

Not to be flippant, but anyone that doesn't want them can stop grinding for them. There are literally hundreds of thousands of other players that will be more than happy to get them if others don't want them. There's no shortage of players putting up big numbers for new featured and basic champions.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    edited August 2017
    @Kabam Miike

I'm a whale and this sucks. It's one thing for me to piss away money on a game. It's entirely another thing for the devs to set and reset the bar willy-nilly, totally devaluing all in-game currency by an order of magnitude.
  • I've always said (as a joke), if they introduce 6*, I'm done. So disappointed in reading that in game email today. Absolutely unbelievable. Never thought they would do this and then try to make it like it's a good thing. Well every 1,2,3, and 4 star is absolutely useless now. Think about all the money spent, grinding, saving of shards. All for nothing.

Kabam, you are the worst!!! Just lost a top 20 player and assume many more will be leaving also.
  • I believe the Basic & Featured 4* arenas will reach a leveling off (if remaining in their current form) to ranges. Kind of already seeing that--"god" tier champs will go higher; valued, utility champs mid range ; long released/arena fodder champs low range. Let the ones pushing a 4* Stark Spidey featured to 17 mil graduate to a supposed 5* arena and elevate those scores and bring some reasonableness back to the 4* arenas.
    edited August 2017
    I've spent a lot of money on this game. Having bought nearly every in-game offer... i'm officially stoping. It's clearly pointless at this point to spend.

Think about how much I dropped to finish LOL, and why? 20 Odins on content that by 2019 will be completed by most of the population at a fraction of the skill level and cost.

I take back my previous protest. No Legends Title for LOL. Including me.

What a giant turd to deliver to the community.
  • Damn, US$2,000? (20 Odins).
    Why? (No judgement. It's your money)
    But Why?
    Anyone who competed that content spent that much (or in the ballpark), unless they cheated.
  • If that's what it takes, then pass. I'll never do LoL. Congrats on completing it tho