**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Did you refresh your summoners sigil after it expired

Comments

• Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Yes
    For me its a yes, I'm trying to become UC and the energy boost is helping me big time for 100% chapter 4 as well as doing all the levels for the monthly EQ.

I also like the weekly test quests which is helping me increase my champion roster.

In my opinion though, the black market ISO should be weekly too rather than bi-weekly reset. so maybe its something i will consider after the 1 month
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Yes

I did it before it expired, actually.

Im not suprised you were early to renew it

A ł p h a
    I did it Monday. I said it before, and I'll say it again. It's a good deal for ten bucks.
  • Options
    A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 ★★★
    No

A ł p h a
    I did it Monday. I said it before, and I'll say it again. It's a good deal for ten bucks.
    What makes you come to that conclusion? I'm curious?

A ł р н a
  • Options
    Yes

A ł p h a
    What makes you come to that conclusion? I'm curious?

A ł р н a
    For the price of 275 Units, you get 300 plus everything else that accompanies the Sigil. I'd say it's more than a good deal.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    No

• Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    No
    neb said:

I'm not getting it only because it's an introductory price. I don't want to get addicted to it and then have the price get jacked up.

This is exactly why I'm not getting the sigil either.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Yes

neb said:

I'm not getting it only because it's an introductory price. I don't want to get addicted to it and then have the price get jacked up.

they have stated they have no intention on raising it.
  • Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    No
    Then those are contradictory statements, but I'll remain open minded about it if in the future it is confirmed to remain at this price.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Yes

Then those are contradictory statements, but I'll remain open minded about it if in the future it is confirmed to remain at this price.

No they are not. They are CYA statement to protect them in case in 3 years they decide to change the price, up or down.

• Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    No
    basically $10 a month that would be a hard no but if it was $10 for 6 months it would entice me but if it was for a year I would be on it . that just me grinding on
  • Options
    DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    No
    Nope, not paying for game improvements that should be free. Spend enough on other offers.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    No
    I was thinking of asking this yesterday but for the life of me, couldn't find the poll option.

I saw a lot of people talking one way or another and was curious the rough numbers so I'm glad you do this.

I opted not to do it since I've decided to do the $5 a month unit offer and didn't want to do $15 a month with the sigil. Some decent worth to it, but I don't think it's going to alter my advancement enough to spend it. I debated it though
  • Options
    LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    No
    I agree that if it was 5$ , i totally would have renewed it. But 10$ a month for some simple quality of life stuff isn’t worth it to me. I wish they would take away all the stuff related to it for the people who didn’t purchase it though. I hate seeing this thing telling me to buy something in like every corner of the game now.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    No

no, I like my braincells

I don’t know what to make of this comment.

How does it cost one’s brain cells to acquire the sigil?

Can I spend brain cells for sigil?
    I’m willing to consider given the cost.

Can you buy brain cells?
    Do tell I’ll pick some up and possibly parlay that into more $ elsewhere then pick up the sigil with the proceeds.

Do you lose brain cells every time you spend money?
    Might explain a lot of things I’m encountering as I get older as I’ve spent money all my life.

Would you be giving up your monthly allotment of brain cell money in order to get the sigil?
    Where can I sign up for monthly brain cells?

Nah, I just lose braincells knowing I wasted my money on something that won't help me

But if you want braincell money, sure, not like I need em anywhey
  • Options
    MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    No
    I already got what I wanted so no thanks
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

neb said:

I think Kabam made a mistake by making it the 'introductory price' comment actually. It made them come off as a devious marketing machine that's trying to entice you with a cheap price but increasing it later.

They should have just made it this price and leave it at that.

I reckon more people would have gotten it had they been upfront with the long term price.
    Other game companies have been burned by players who complained when things like this change prices down the road, because the players claimed that if the game company doesn't explicitly state that prices are subject to change, that's implicitly a guarantee that they will stay the same.

And you don't just get complaints if the price goes up. You also get complaints if the price goes down, because then people will say if they knew the price was going to drop they would have waited for the cheaper version.

I wouldn't have said "introductory price" though. I would have simply stated "prices subject to change in the future."
  • Options
    DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    No
    80no And 20yes is what I was expecting. Once new wears off 85no 15yes.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    No
    DNA3000 said:

neb said:

I think Kabam made a mistake by making it the 'introductory price' comment actually. It made them come off as a devious marketing machine that's trying to entice you with a cheap price but increasing it later.

I reckon more people would have gotten it had they been upfront with the long term price.
    Other game companies have been burned by players who complained when things like this change prices down the road, because the players claimed that if the game company doesn't explicitly state that prices are subject to change, that's implicitly a guarantee that they will stay the same.

And you don't just get complaints if the price goes up. You also get complaints if the price goes down, because then people will say if they knew the price was going to drop they would have waited for the cheaper version.

I wouldn't have said "introductory price" though. I would have simply stated "prices subject to change in the future."
    What you said makes sense if you're locked into a 1 year contract and the monthly price changes during the contracted period.

But it doesn't make sense from a month to month basis, because if you don't like the new price you're not forced to get it again.

Because if that was the case, then anything that's for sale (i.e., cavalier crystals), or ANYTHING for sale in the shops down the road would have to have an asterisk next to them saying 'Prices are subjected to change in the future'.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    No
    Lormif said:

neb said:

Where have they said that? Link?
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    No
    I did not get it, I may if they add some more perks but right now it's kinda meh for me. I'm cavalier and it's kinda underwhelming right now for me anyway. I spend twice a year July 4th and cyber Monday.
  • Options
    RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    No
    Nop, don't get fooled. They raise price after guaranteed and you stuck
  • Options
    No

Lormif said:

neb said:

Where have they said that? Link?
    Exactly, don't fall for tricks. Unless in writing by moderators why listen to random nobodies here
  • Options
    Yes
    Rulllor said:

They didn't guarantee anything. That's why they clarified. Just to add to that, they can't change the price after you purchase it. When you subscribe, you have it for the month. If the price changes, you get to decide for yourself if you want to renew it or not.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

neb said:

What you said makes sense if you're locked into a 1 year contract and the monthly price changes during the contracted period.

But it doesn't make sense from a month to month basis, because if you don't like the new price you're not forced to get it again.

Because if that was the case, then anything that's for sale (i.e., cavalier crystals), or ANYTHING for sale in the shops down the road would have to have an asterisk next to them saying 'Prices are subjected to change in the future'.
    The problem is that Kabam is promoting the program as a subscription, even though it isn't really a subscription. Most cash offers are one-offs, where there's no guarantee the offer will even come around again much less at the same price. But when they call the Sigil a subscription there's an implicit idea that they will keep offering the Sigil package every month indefinitely. They aren't explicitly promising to do so, but history says a lot of people could draw that inference.

Also, and I'm speculating here based on what I know of how these kinds of monetization systems work, while Kabam's official position is they have no intent to change prices in the future at the moment, there was almost certainly a plan to do so under certain conditions. In particular, I think if very few players bought it, they would have almost certainly lowered prices. That's why I keep saying the disclaimer is just as likely to reflect lowering prices as it is rising prices. If the intent of the package is what I believe it is, there's no situation under which they would raise prices. But low conversion rates would be a reason to lower them. Had they lowered the price soon after introduction, many players could claim they got cheated by being charged more than the eventual price.

The point of the package, if my read is correct, is not to make as much money as possible, it is to convert as many free to play or infrequent spenders into regular spenders as possible. If a lot of people buy it, that suggests the price is correct because the package is succeeding at its goal. You don't just raise the price of the package just to squeeze a few more dollars out of the players in that situation, because that could hurt your conversion rates. But if few players bought it, its reason to exist isn't being satisfied and the logical thing to do would be to lower prices until enough players did buy it.
  • Options
    No

Rulllor said:

They didn't guarantee anything. That's why they clarified. Just to add to that, they can't change the price after you purchase it. When you subscribe, you have it for the month. If the price changes, you get to decide for yourself if you want to renew it or not.
    Where they say all this about price change? I don't see on main post from admin mike. Pls don't lie and confuse people, no need for this behavior
  • Options
    Yes
    Rulllor said:

Rulllor said:

Where they say all this about price change? I don't see on main post from admin mike. Pls don't lie and confuse people, no need for this behavior
    They didn't say anything about a price change. They specifically said it was an introductory price. Which means it may change in the future. Not that it will, perse. That statement is an open-ended one that companies use to indicate prices are subject to change.