**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Namor’s sig massive bug after One Eye Open fix [Merged Threads]

After the fix, when fighting namor, he reflects far too much damage and the damage back can not be prevented:

Video evidence: https://youtu.be/JSdAykvMTyU

Video evidence #2:
https://youtu.be/JSdAykvMTyU

Please fix this asap, variant 3 is dropping soon and I’m sure he’s going to be in there.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Working as intended, Namor is now God Tier defender!
  • Actual video evidence 2: https://youtu.be/owy9gcUXOMY

Accidentally linked the same video twice.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thanks for the videos. We are looking into this now!
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    So namor was “fixed” for AQ but utterly broken for AW defense in particular.

Any damage done to him gets reflected even when he isn’t attacking and you die.

Are we fixing this now or just gonna have a bloodbath tomorrow

Got some great duels I’ve been watching and recording. I can’t see where any testing was done on this “fix”

Better hurry.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Posted the same thing. There was absolutely no testing done when this was fixed unfortunately
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    I’d suggest just reverting the change for now since this particular bug affects a LOT more than a single aq lane node.
  • Hey All,

We're just about to push a fix for this issue right now. Thank you for all of the reports.
  • MattcoxMattcox Posts: 75
    Well I hope there will be some compensation considering I just fought him in V3 used multiple revives and he isn’t even dead yet
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Hey All,

We're just about to push a fix for this issue right now. Thank you for all of the reports.

Does this fix also change his interactions when launching specials on stunned opponents with one eye open?
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★

Hey All,

How Namor interaction will work now?

• BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    dont know if the fix was already pushed but its still happening in Variant 3 im told
    https://youtu.be/N5cd8FBa2hw

It definitely did not fix the specials while stunned on one eye open

@Kabam Miike what kind of "fix" is this supposed to be that one of namors primary design mechanics no longer works? I can only assume it will be the same against thorns and champs like electro.

If someone can think of some test areas I can try to check it out
    So @chunkyb if you're running him there again, still don't throw specials while they're stunned. Definitely sp3 at least. I wasn't about to try anymore
  • So @chunkyb if you're running him there again, still don't throw specials while they're stunned. Definitely sp3 at least. I wasn't about to try anymore

Thanks man. Changed paths there cuz to hell w that.

Teammate showed a video where his L2 killed defender before the stun proc'd. Idk if he was lucky/had good timing or what. Still looks like damage reflection is a bit wonky tho
    chunkyb said:

So @chunkyb if you're running him there again, still don't throw specials while they're stunned. Definitely sp3 at least. I wasn't about to try anymore

Thanks man. Changed paths there cuz to hell w that.

Teammate showed a video where his L2 killed defender before the stun proc'd. Idk if he was lucky/had good timing or what. Still looks like damage reflection is a bit wonky tho
    I'm waiting for him to be out of AQ to try to find some electro or thorns fights to test. If he's working the same way there, what's the point of even designing a champ with his ability?
  • Fix the node imo.
    Don't create more work for yourself and more potential problems by playing w the champ.

To my knowledge, the last round of aq that had one eye open didn't have this issue (not the one hit ko nor the weird reflecty ****). It also didn't have 40% mutant boost. Aaaand I believe it was before the most current update. Lotta other variables there that could/should be the cause of the issue that are not the champ.
  • Pr0t0t7p3Pr0t0t7p3 Posts: 187
    sounds like a knee jerk reaction that fixes 1 issue and causes more.
    edited August 2019
    chunkyb said:

Fix the node imo.
    Don't create more work for yourself and more potential problems by playing w the champ.

To my knowledge, the last round of aq that had one eye open didn't have this issue (not the one hit ko nor the weird reflecty ****). It also didn't have 40% mutant boost. Aaaand I believe it was before the most current update. Lotta other variables there that could/should be the cause of the issue that are not the champ.

Yes it did. We had someone figure it out the first round
    So I guess since we can't even get an acknowledgement that he's still incredibly bugged we're just gonna play the it isn't important bc it negatively affects players game again.

I just died to HB on one eye open after I launched a sp2 after dexing his sp1. He wasn't even stunned. You fixed the beneficial interaction the day you found out about it and yet here we are days later without even acknowledging he's still incredibly broken
    I just itemed out on that path with namor but at least still managed to clear fortunately. Great job
    All this sounds like is you made a poorly designed node without thinking how someone like namor would interact with it and now instead of figuring out a way to fix the node or remove it all together (what should be done until it works correctly), you're going to pretend like this interaction is correct and actually makes sense with how he's designed
    Basically from the multiple other emails I've received from support, they have no intention of looking into this further and are going to continue to tow the this is working correctly line.

So, for anyone using namor on this node remember to never use a sp3 while they are stunned and never use sp2s at all or you will get wrecked
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Not only on One Eye Open. In AW, he killed the attacker when he hit the attacker’s block once, reflecting 20k damage from the damage he’s taken throughout the fight. Submitted a ticket as well.
    Hopefully you have better luck than I did. I basically got Officer Barbrady saying that was a pigeon nothing to see here
  • It really makes no sense to me. I've had it explained to me a few times and each time... It makes less sense.

I'm willing to take the blame for my confusion. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong. Maybe I'm too dumb for such a complicated set of events to ever make sense to me. But for real, I've asked for a step by step of when/how damage is passed around and I come out of it every time feeling like i know less useful info than I did to start

In all honesty tho... It feels like kabam isn't looking at this in the way they should and not seeing the totality of the issues. It's not just OEO. It's damage being reflected when no contact is made. Not even a blocked hit (and yes huge damage on blocked hits too)

The OEO stuff is crazy. Just need to nix that node and reset namor tbh.

As far as other areas go...
    Have you REALLY decided what's best for a fighting game is one character to be able to swing in the air and damage another character? How's that good for the game?