**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I can't use Variant r3 to r4 gem if i have regular r3 to r4 rank up gem of the same class

ChopinAsLexChopinAsLex Posts: 96
edited August 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
So i have 178 cosmic rank up gems and game doesn't allow me to use 2015 from V1 and V2 or even 2015 and 2016 from V3. The only one i can use is regular cosmic gem that is not obtained from any of the Variants.

I mean that's what i assume since it costs 400k gold, it doesn't even say which one i am about to use

How do i solve this?

Comments

• BrazenhutBrazenhut Posts: 131
    Since it shows that your inventory has 1/3 rank up gems, I would assume that the rank up gem on your last pic is the 2016 gem.
  • ChopinAsLexChopinAsLex Posts: 96
    Yeah it could be but that's bad. For example i wanna use only 2015 one on SIM and save 2016 for Hype. How do i do that?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Tap the rank up gem on the champ upgrade page. It’ll state which one it is.
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, it's 2016. But how do i use 2015? Or even the regular one?

@Kabam Miike Any idea?
    No because when i do that it says rank up champions which just takes me back to champions tab again.

This is a very poor design, i have no words.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    To bypass this issue, use the 2016 one on a champ first then the 2015 one? No rush to R4 SIM btw lol
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Go into your inventory and click on the gem you want to use and hit rank up champion

edited August 2019
    I did that as i said already, it just sends me too all champions tab.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Any info on this?
  • I have two of the same class 3-4 rank up gem. It’s forcing me to use the 2016 rather than allowing me to choose. Can you guys fix this?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Any info on this?

Then you narrow your champions to the class your gem is for, and then select the one you want to use it on.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Maybe go into your inventory, click the 2015 gem, then select the champ to use it on? Hope this works brother
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Any info on this?

Then you narrow your champions to the class your gem is for, and then select the one you want to use it on.
    If he has a generic rankup gem and goes to a 2015 champ it will default to the generic class rankup gem. I noticed this yesterday as well. He is also correct that you can't select it from the item inventory because it redirects you to your champs and you are back to the same problem.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    No, it doesn't work that way. It is bug.
    Excactly. There is no workaround this and it needs fix. I need to use my gems and i can't, it's just poor game design. Still no words from anyone in charge...
  • Hey there, we'll let the team know about this.
    Finally. Waiting for an update. Thank you @Kabam Zibiit
  • GDEVIL69_GDEVIL69_ Posts: 25
    I had two cosmic rank up gems as well, a 2015 and 2016. I ended up ranking up Symbiote Spidey who appears in both and thought it would use the 2015 as when I used a normal rank up gem and a 2015 one on a 2015 champion, it defaulted to the 2015 rank up gem.

How do I go about getting my 2016 back and have the 2015 applied to my now ranked up Symbiote Spidey?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra

Can someone take this to the developers? We should have the choice to use the 2015 gem first and not cannibalize ourselves. Example: Using a 2016 gem on Magik when we could use our 2015 gem on Magik.
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    Do we get any update on this?
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Yes, it was fixed. When I went to rank up DV, the 2016 gem was displayed, not the generic rank up.
  • Hey there, just wanted to confirm to everyone that we pushed a fix that should resolve this issue. You may want to restart your game, but if you continue seeing this issue afterward, please let us know.
  • Anakin83Anakin83 Posts: 30
    Hi everyone,
    I'm experiencing the same issue.
    I have a tech 3 to 4 2016 rankup gem and a normal tech 3 to 4
    I want to use the 2016 gem to rankup star lord, but I can't because in rankup screen the only gem usable is the standard one.
    How can I choose the gem? I want to use the regular one on warlock but I need to rank him to 3, don't know when.

Is there a way to choose what gem to use? It seems the bug is not fixed.
    Thanks everyone

• xfou21xfou21 Posts: 34
    Same problem here.Game wont let me use 2016 gem for She Hulk.It only shows generic science gem in upgrading screen