**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opponent AI now able to dex and attack through blocks as well.

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
So now it is no longer just an issue of the AI throwing a special while they're blocking an incoming attack (something we can't do) - but now they've been able to dex or just outright intercept attack as well, the latter of which should absolutely be impossible.

Their input window is down to the millisecond? You telling me that when I'm blocking a combo from an enemy there's no input window, I can't throw a special, I can't dash back and I certainly can't interrupt with an attack - but they have a window with which to do all these things, while blocking?

It's happening a lot during Variant three.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    You can do all that though. You don’t but you can.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★

If you're locked in a blocking animation while they're attacking, you can't throw off a special.
    If they throw off a special, you also cannot immediately respond with a special either, there is an input delay in which you will just toggle block...

AI faces no issues doing either of these things.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

If you're locked in a blocking animation while they're attacking, you can't throw off a special.
    If they throw off a special, you also cannot immediately respond with a special either, there is an input delay in which you will just toggle block...

AI faces no issues doing either of these things.
    Yes you can.... You have to time it but you can do those things. This is also something that you can take advantage of to "break their block" and keep hitting them
    You cannot throw a special while blocking. You have to release the block and then throw your special - AI is throwing it from the block.

You cannot throw a special while blocking. You have to release the block and then throw your special - AI is throwing it from the block.

You can throw a special while they are hitting into your block. You release block and throw it between hits. There is timing involved but it is very much possible, if you can evade out of a block, which you can, then you can throw an sp1
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Lormif said:

You can throw a special while they are hitting into your block. You release block and throw it between hits. There is timing involved but it is very much possible, if you can evade out of a block, which you can, then you can throw an sp1
    possible for who?? robots?? do you also remember that not everyone plays on the perfect phone where framerate and lag disables us to do that.
    Akhilxcx said:

Lormif said:

possible for who?? robots?? do you also remember that not everyone plays on the perfect phone where framerate and lag disables us to do that.
    possible does not mean YOU can do it. If you are lagging cause of your phone that is on your, and completely irrelevant to the point. That lag is also probably part of the reason they special you. Not the only reason because it happens to me sometimes to on an ipad pro, but the point is the computer is not able to do something you are unable to do because of the game itself.
  • Nobody disagrees that the AI can do these things, what we disagree with is whether the AI should now suddenly be able to do these things. The AI has never been able to do this in the years I've been playing before this past 6 months. whether or not I can do it now to is irrelevant, since I'm very certain I was not able to do this, and neither were you, in the years past.
  • Cross8888Cross8888 Posts: 11
    I have been having the same issue in Variant 3. I have used so many revives and potions because as i'm hitting into a block with Sentinel (to gain charges) or other attackers (Venom, Star Lord, Vulture, Green Goblin, Domino) the AI will very quickly dex back or they will use a Special Attack and next thing you know, I get a super lucky dodge on their special, or I'm dead. It's very frustrating, but I have been dealing with it because I want to get completion BEFORE Colossus's buff.

Please look into a fix.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    ya i have gotten hit from them block breaking idk wtf kabam is doing but I'm almost done with them
  • Dob1616Dob1616 Posts: 168
    No reply from Kabam on this yet? I was wondering the same thing. Is this newly implemented or a bug?
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Lormif said:

Akhilxcx said:

Lormif said:

possible does not mean YOU can do it. If you are lagging cause of your phone that is on your, and completely irrelevant to the point. That lag is also probably part of the reason they special you. Not the only reason because it happens to me sometimes to on an ipad pro, but the point is the computer is not able to do something you are unable to do because of the game itself.
    i think in everyone's English possible means you can do it so i don't know what you are implying. Are you like a first timer into game that you have no idea about the lag issues in mostly every update from past 2 years or you are blind too see it. one thing i know kabam has put a.i. interactions very different in different content else we would not be discussing this issue happening specifically in variant 3
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    A few months ago Kabam have put a tiny gap between hits now that you can dex out between incoming blocked hits, you can parry the defenders if they are punching your block and so I assume you probably can use a special too, is it intended is a very important question and yes this opponent dexing is definitely been happening recently too, just happened to me in lab
    Akhilxcx said:

Lormif said:

Akhilxcx said:

Lormif said:

i think in everyone's English possible means you can do it so i don't know what you are implying. Are you like a first timer into game that you have no idea about the lag issues in mostly every update from past 2 years or you are blind too see it. one thing i know kabam has put a.i. interactions very different in different content else we would not be discussing this issue happening specifically in variant 3
    Being possible means it is able to be done, but there are extenuating circumstance involved. It is possible for everyone to earn the legends title because it is based on time, but if you do not have an IOS device it probable you will not get it because they are better optimized. That is not a game issue that is a device issue. Possible look at if something can be done in general, but not if something can be done in a specific situation.

I am not a first timeer, I am a cav, who has already 100%ed the bipolar event and started playing in 2015, I no longer see the lag, but then again I play on an ipad pro.

Also this is not happing specifically in variant 3, the game is throwing specials while blocking in all contrent, hence the massive thread about this that has been open since the issue where they cleared up the game based lag on this very same page.
    I believe he was saying the opponent dashing back during an attack into their block is happening specifically in Variant three. It seems far more prevalent there than other content.

I believe he was saying the opponent dashing back during an attack into their block is happening specifically in Variant three. It seems far more prevalent there than other content.

I realize what he was saying, and while it seems to happen MORE there, it is not SPECIFICALLY happening there.