**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New aw maps sucks

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I hate the new map too. My path has to much unavoidable damage. Very champ specific also
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

"

But back to the first part...maybe the OP should have said "a lot of people" instead of "everyone" but it doesn't make it less true. I'm speaking from experience in tier 3 and platinum level for multiple seasons, gold 1 before that since they introduced war seasons in the first place. The difficulty has increased overall. Its a little hard to take you at faith when you're claiming something that I haven't heard from literally anyone in your tier or mine, on any platform where people discuss this.

Everyone (100%) vs Alot of people(!100%) "it doesn't make it less true", if it is not less true then it is equivalent.

Lormif said:

I never stated you claimed 100%... I stated you said 100% was the same as !100%... That is not the same statement... Some advice stop trying to imply things that are not there. Stop trying to assume things that are not said. go off what is said, if what is said is not clear ask.

Also you not seeing something is antecdotal, stop assuming you know everything.

Again, please show me where I said 100% was the same as !100%. You are very frustrating to me, because you seem to think every statement anyone makes is absolutely literal (as much as Drax!) and nothing should be inferred beyond the words themselves, especially not context. If you didn't mean to infer anything from your statement, but others read it that way (and it wasn't just me on this thread who did so), then clarify or reevaluate what you stated.

There is one person here assuming they know everything, i've seen it from you on thread after thread in this forum, and I think the disagrees would show this as well.

As much as my comment is anecdotal to you, I referred to many others actually showing evidence of their experience in the new war map since the changes took effect last season. So far, you have provided anecdotal experience that your alliance or those you mentioned aren't having issues, and claimed you didn't lose one war during the off season. You still didn't address that part either. Were the groups you faced bringing in easy defenders and throwing those wars? If you were locked into the same tier you were in during the season, and you guys didn't win every war then, what exactly changed when the off season started?

There is inferring, then there reading into things that are not there. You are doing the second. I infered 100% is the same as everyone, because those are the same things. You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards. Those are not the same.

I cannot help how you infer things, that is on you not me unless I did something to cause that inference. In this case I did not.

As for disagrees that is not a measure of accuracy in any way, it is a popularity contest. I have been wrong, and I have admitted the times I have seen I was wrong.

how am I supposed to know if they are throwing their easier defenders? we saw the same types of defenders as last war, less diversity trying to take advantage of new tactics. The off season is not an accurate representation of what the competitive nature of the war season will be, but then again I was not the one who brought it up as one.
    "You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards."

So what did you mean? Are you now saying that the difficulty did increase and more people are having issues? You came out before giving examples to show it didn't, as I and others read it. So if that wasn't your purpose what was?

And it's pretty easy to look at the opposing team and see if they have placed weaker defenders and brought weaker attackers than compared to a normal matchup during the season. At least for anyone who has played this game for a good amount of time, you can immediately tell if it's a bunch of rank 3 five star champs or throwaway 6 star champs, you can look at the mini bosses and see how difficult of a defender they are, you can look at the team's profile and see if any of their shown champs are in that war or not...does your team not do that? I mean, there's got to be a logical reason why you guys ended in the tier and season rank you did, got locked into the off season and suddenly won every single war during it, right?

It's pretty disingenuous to say "No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be" and then turn around and gaslight, saying that you weren't inferring the difficulty wasn't the issue and it was the OP's issue instead that was the problem. Come on man, we weren't all born yesterday. You doublespeak better than most politicians i've seen, I'll give you that. The simple fact that you made those statements and still haven't said whether you think the difficulty has changed compared with past seasons would tell us this much. And now you're gonna say you really had no idea why you guys won a streak of every war during the off season? LOL you were so sure that the OP was at fault here, but suddenly have no knowledge why your situation would end up that way, it's a little hard to believe.
    I have said 3 times the they raised the difficulty. When I said I am not having trouble with it I meant I am not having trouble with it. Trouble is relative. Difficulty is relative. I can recognize that the general level of difficulty has risen, but not to a point where *I* am having trouble with it. What is so hard about this?

The champions I fought were not rank 3 5*s, they were rank 4 and 5 r*s and rank 1 and 2 6*s.

As for your disingenuous accusation, my statement was 100% accurate. Again you are infering things that are not there. That is on you, not me. There was nothing disingenuous about it. I cannot control what you read into everything because I cannot be so litteral as to cover every single possibility that you may try to infer. It is impossible. Again, before this post I have stated it multiple times, so please stop stating falsehoods.
    Now the goalposts have shifted to "I said it was more difficult 3 times, just not in this post" and this comment is the first time here you acknowledged that you recognize "the general level of difficulty has risen" so I"m glad we got that cleared up. Funny how you argued with me for a full page before letting that one slide in.

As for you not finding it more difficult...ok, but if it was negligible or your experience representative of the situation at all, wouldn't your group have climbed higher last season compared to previous seasons? I mean, you already claimed you guys didn't lose one war during the off season (even confirming you faced the rank and level of champs you did with no group throwing the war) so if it was that easy in tier 4 why are so many other people in similar tiers and higher saying something different? Upon some reflection do you think maybe something is off here?

You were extremely quick to come after the OP and even flat out ask what they were doing wrong, but now you're admitting your experience is anecdotal at best, and now admit war is more difficult in general? Sorry, but I don't buy it at all. That's what we call a flip flop, and I still have an extremely hard time believing you all finished Gold 1 in tier 4 and didn't lose one war in the off season against the exact same types of alliances that got you the rank you did in the actual season.

You don't have to come after every single opinion and post that makes its way to the forum, especially if you don't have anything nice to say - and in the end admit there's some validity to their frustration with war and the increase in difficulty. Not exactly sure what the entire point of your argument even is, when you could have just been helpful - asked the OP what specific issues they were facing (without making it seem like it was all their fault) and waited for their response. Just yesterday you told me you didn't call people out without being asked in most cases, yet i've seen it multiple times today alone. You say you don't care about the number of "disagrees" on your posts, but I would hope that maybe being a LITTLE bit nicer to others before you go off could do you some good.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Haji_Saab said:

The new map is certainly more difficult than the older map ... and that is by design as said by Kabam. They do not want you to 100% the map every time. Problem is that the alliances still expect to 100% it because of the mindset developed over the last year or so to 100% the map every single war. Until the alliances come to their senses about this, these wars are going to be expensive.

To be honest we’ve cleared 100% very few times since the changes and only against alliances lower rated than us.

Typically we’re clearing all 3 sections in the first part of the map and 1 or 2 sections in the second part of the map so we can clear the mini’s and boss.

Guys are still using a ton of items to get that done.

I am well aware of how changes to the map have been presented but that doesn’t mean I have to believe it. It looks like the predominant reason for the massive ramp up in difficulty is to increase item use and therefore spending.
    Imo it appears they have made changes that say (plucking numbers from the air) let’s give them a map they can clear 60% for free, anything over that they use items so unless alliances all agree zero item use wars it becomes pay to win (even more so than previously).
    That is entirely Kabam’s prerogative and it is our choice if we want to play AW, I get that.

However I’m entitled to give my opinion and that is it’s made war no fun at all and not worth the effort. I’d be better off spending glory on t2a than items for war.
    First war into the new season and half my ally are talking about not bothering for the rest of the season.

In terms of trying to be constructive, I think the difficulty needs toning down to reflect that every ally doesn’t have 30 players able to handle difficult paths.
    Remove some of the unavoidable damage and just get rid of defence tactics altogether, it’s completely unnecessary.
  • Options
    @Thecurler good insight there. I think you're absolutely right on choosing to spend glory on t2a than items. We changed our priority from war to AQ when all these changes started rolling out, started doing map 6 all week and when defense tactics came in we added map 7 instead of using any items in war. I've seen a lot of other groups in similar tier and build to our group saying they are doing the same thing. At least its guaranteed reward output compared to the matchups in war or trying to advance in tier. War used to be fun for us, now its just to get shards whether we win or lose. We're lucky in that with the guys we have, we still placed platinum 3 for the last few seasons and are still tier 3 right now, but if we drop I don't think any person in my group will be that upset.
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

We all know mcoc is a pay to win game, but the new aw maps are ridiculous. With the bugs and the new nodes, teams in the highest tiers will make less points than lower teams. Except if they use a shitload of potions. Try to keep the game fun for everyone, even for people who don’t pay.

some of this doesn’t even have to do with the map design. Don’t play war if you don’t want. Have your Allie switch to 2 BG
    Maybe you should clean your roster from all the characters you paid for and talk after.
    The only character you can buy is vision and a 3* Deadpool..? Maybe UC, but that’s it?
  • Options
    Cain said:

We all know mcoc is a pay to win game, but the new aw maps are ridiculous. With the bugs and the new nodes, teams in the highest tiers will make less points than lower teams. Except if they use a shitload of potions. Try to keep the game fun for everyone, even for people who don’t pay.

some of this doesn’t even have to do with the map design. Don’t play war if you don’t want. Have your Allie switch to 2 BG
    Maybe you should clean your roster from all the characters you paid for and talk after.
    The only character you can buy is vision and a 3* Deadpool..? Maybe UC, but that’s it?
    @Cain don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I agree with what he said or support it in any way, as its pretty hyperbolic...but you do realize people can buy crystals to gain champions in this game right? Do you think everyone buying cavalier crystals and getting a slew of 5&6 star champions did it with free to play accounts not using any money to buy units to buy crystals? Lol. Again, not trying to agree or support what he said because it seems like a personal jab, but to insinuate deadpool and vision are the only champs people "buy" in this game is just...not true at all.
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

Cain said:

@Cain don't get me wrong, i'm not saying I agree with what he said or support it in any way, as its pretty hyperbolic...but you do realize people can buy crystals to gain champions in this game right? Do you think everyone buying cavalier crystals and getting a slew of 5&6 star champions did it with free to play accounts not using any money to buy units to buy crystals? Lol. Again, not trying to agree or support what he said because it seems like a personal jab, but to insinuate deadpool and vision are the only champs people "buy" in this game is just...not true at all.
    I hear you for sure, but that’s basically saying he bought more lottery tickets and had a higher chance of winning, which is true. But I run arenas for 5*shards so there is ways to increase your chances for free. But most big offers can’t be bought many times. If I had spent an extra grand over the last year on offers, I recon I’d have maybe 10-15 5*s and a 6* or two? And that’s a high estimate I think. In comparison I have 50 5*s in the past year so yes it is a boost to spend, but not a game breaking one I think.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

"

But back to the first part...maybe the OP should have said "a lot of people" instead of "everyone" but it doesn't make it less true. I'm speaking from experience in tier 3 and platinum level for multiple seasons, gold 1 before that since they introduced war seasons in the first place. The difficulty has increased overall. Its a little hard to take you at faith when you're claiming something that I haven't heard from literally anyone in your tier or mine, on any platform where people discuss this.

Everyone (100%) vs Alot of people(!100%) "it doesn't make it less true", if it is not less true then it is equivalent.

Lormif said:

I never stated you claimed 100%... I stated you said 100% was the same as !100%... That is not the same statement... Some advice stop trying to imply things that are not there. Stop trying to assume things that are not said. go off what is said, if what is said is not clear ask.

Also you not seeing something is antecdotal, stop assuming you know everything.

Again, please show me where I said 100% was the same as !100%. You are very frustrating to me, because you seem to think every statement anyone makes is absolutely literal (as much as Drax!) and nothing should be inferred beyond the words themselves, especially not context. If you didn't mean to infer anything from your statement, but others read it that way (and it wasn't just me on this thread who did so), then clarify or reevaluate what you stated.

There is one person here assuming they know everything, i've seen it from you on thread after thread in this forum, and I think the disagrees would show this as well.

As much as my comment is anecdotal to you, I referred to many others actually showing evidence of their experience in the new war map since the changes took effect last season. So far, you have provided anecdotal experience that your alliance or those you mentioned aren't having issues, and claimed you didn't lose one war during the off season. You still didn't address that part either. Were the groups you faced bringing in easy defenders and throwing those wars? If you were locked into the same tier you were in during the season, and you guys didn't win every war then, what exactly changed when the off season started?

There is inferring, then there reading into things that are not there. You are doing the second. I infered 100% is the same as everyone, because those are the same things. You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards. Those are not the same.

I cannot help how you infer things, that is on you not me unless I did something to cause that inference. In this case I did not.

As for disagrees that is not a measure of accuracy in any way, it is a popularity contest. I have been wrong, and I have admitted the times I have seen I was wrong.

how am I supposed to know if they are throwing their easier defenders? we saw the same types of defenders as last war, less diversity trying to take advantage of new tactics. The off season is not an accurate representation of what the competitive nature of the war season will be, but then again I was not the one who brought it up as one.
    "You inferred that because I was not having problems then I am saying the difficulty level had not been adjusted upwards."

So what did you mean? Are you now saying that the difficulty did increase and more people are having issues? You came out before giving examples to show it didn't, as I and others read it. So if that wasn't your purpose what was?

And it's pretty easy to look at the opposing team and see if they have placed weaker defenders and brought weaker attackers than compared to a normal matchup during the season. At least for anyone who has played this game for a good amount of time, you can immediately tell if it's a bunch of rank 3 five star champs or throwaway 6 star champs, you can look at the mini bosses and see how difficult of a defender they are, you can look at the team's profile and see if any of their shown champs are in that war or not...does your team not do that? I mean, there's got to be a logical reason why you guys ended in the tier and season rank you did, got locked into the off season and suddenly won every single war during it, right?

It's pretty disingenuous to say "No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be" and then turn around and gaslight, saying that you weren't inferring the difficulty wasn't the issue and it was the OP's issue instead that was the problem. Come on man, we weren't all born yesterday. You doublespeak better than most politicians i've seen, I'll give you that. The simple fact that you made those statements and still haven't said whether you think the difficulty has changed compared with past seasons would tell us this much. And now you're gonna say you really had no idea why you guys won a streak of every war during the off season? LOL you were so sure that the OP was at fault here, but suddenly have no knowledge why your situation would end up that way, it's a little hard to believe.
    I have said 3 times the they raised the difficulty. When I said I am not having trouble with it I meant I am not having trouble with it. Trouble is relative. Difficulty is relative. I can recognize that the general level of difficulty has risen, but not to a point where *I* am having trouble with it. What is so hard about this?

The champions I fought were not rank 3 5*s, they were rank 4 and 5 r*s and rank 1 and 2 6*s.

As for your disingenuous accusation, my statement was 100% accurate. Again you are infering things that are not there. That is on you, not me. There was nothing disingenuous about it. I cannot control what you read into everything because I cannot be so litteral as to cover every single possibility that you may try to infer. It is impossible. Again, before this post I have stated it multiple times, so please stop stating falsehoods.
    Now the goalposts have shifted to "I said it was more difficult 3 times, just not in this post" and this comment is the first time here you acknowledged that you recognize "the general level of difficulty has risen" so I"m glad we got that cleared up. Funny how you argued with me for a full page before letting that one slide in.

As for you not finding it more difficult...ok, but if it was negligible or your experience representative of the situation at all, wouldn't your group have climbed higher last season compared to previous seasons? I mean, you already claimed you guys didn't lose one war during the off season (even confirming you faced the rank and level of champs you did with no group throwing the war) so if it was that easy in tier 4 why are so many other people in similar tiers and higher saying something different? Upon some reflection do you think maybe something is off here?

You were extremely quick to come after the OP and even flat out ask what they were doing wrong, but now you're admitting your experience is anecdotal at best, and now admit war is more difficult in general? Sorry, but I don't buy it at all. That's what we call a flip flop, and I still have an extremely hard time believing you all finished Gold 1 in tier 4 and didn't lose one war in the off season against the exact same types of alliances that got you the rank you did in the actual season.

You don't have to come after every single opinion and post that makes its way to the forum, especially if you don't have anything nice to say - and in the end admit there's some validity to their frustration with war and the increase in difficulty. Not exactly sure what the entire point of your argument even is, when you could have just been helpful - asked the OP what specific issues they were facing (without making it seem like it was all their fault) and waited for their response. Just yesterday you told me you didn't call people out without being asked in most cases, yet i've seen it multiple times today alone. You say you don't care about the number of "disagrees" on your posts, but I would hope that maybe being a LITTLE bit nicer to others before you go off could do you some good.
    What goal posts was moved? I never once said the general difficulty was the same... Even still why do I need to even confirm it? The counter was not saying that it wasn't changed, but to counter that not everyone was finding the difficulty everyone in response to his absolute "everyone" comment..

In addition I never "went after the OP", I simply stated *not everyone* found it as difficult as him. I didnt attack him, and I even tried to get him to explain in detail what his problem is. I dont have to be all sugar and rainbows just becuase you want people to treat your opinion as absolute truth while not wanting to even show the smallest respect... You on the otehr hand came after me with many logical fallacies, and false assumptions.
  • Options
    Cain said:

Cain said:

I hear you for sure, but that’s basically saying he bought more lottery tickets and had a higher chance of winning, which is true. But I run arenas for 5*shards so there is ways to increase your chances for free. But most big offers can’t be bought many times. If I had spent an extra grand over the last year on offers, I recon I’d have maybe 10-15 5*s and a 6* or two? And that’s a high estimate I think. In comparison I have 50 5*s in the past year so yes it is a boost to spend, but not a game breaking one I think.
    Your examples would be absolutely correct except for the introduction of cavalier crystals. Before them, pretty much everyone had the same level of ways to obtain 5&6 star champions and shards, whether it was grinding, purchasing from deals with limits or not, or running the events. With the introduction of these, the lottery system odds increased exponentially on how many 5 and 6 star champs people could obtain. Of course there were big spenders before they came in, who probably spent a ton on featured grandmaster crystals but they had a pretty **** % drop rate for a 5 star champ. Now it's much higher, cheaper, and easier to obtain if you have the pockets to buy units. I have guys in my alliance who gained 8-10 new five star champs and a few who jumped 2-3 6 star champs in their roster just from purchasing cavalier crystals since they came into the game, whereas before it was more bottlenecked. Not trying to prove you wrong, as I totally get your point and i think the OP's comment was a little silly...but the reality is the game is being flooded at the upper levels compared to before the cavalier introduction.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Cain said:

Cain said:

Offers yes but you can brute force champ acquisition with cav crystals. I've done it myself. It costs a silly amount of money but I feel people should be able to spend their money on whatever they want.

Having all the champs still doesn't do anything though. Rank resources are still limited even for spenders as like you said offers are limited. I still have to manage resources like anyone else, just more of them. Plus then you also have to be able to use them correctly which money won't change
  • Options
    @Lormif I'm gonna just stop responding at this point, you're not interested in having a good faith discussion and you weren't from the start of this whole conversation. Probably best to put each other on mute at this point, I highly doubt anything I say ( or literally anyone else on this forum responding to you) is going to change your mind or make you have more respectful interactions or an open mind. Best of luck to your group, if you're truly winning every off season war we might see you in tier 3 sometime soon ;)
  • Options
    Cav crystals created a bigger gap in the player base than anything in the game before honestly. Hardly anyone seems to have an issue with them though and crystal opening vids are some of if not the highest watched for the youtubers.

That's why I didn't understand the uproar about this subscription. It's fairly meaningless on a large scale
  • Options

@Lormif I'm gonna just stop responding at this point, you're not interested in having a good faith discussion and you weren't from the start of this whole conversation. Probably best to put each other on mute at this point, I highly doubt anything I say ( or literally anyone else on this forum responding to you) is going to change your mind or make you have more respectful interactions or an open mind. Best of luck to your group, if you're truly winning every off season war we might see you in tier 3 sometime soon ;)

If what you say is just an assumption of what you think I say with no regards for what I actually said, you would be correct. That said, I showed no disrespect to the OP, if he had treated me the way I did him I would have not cared. But if we see each other in war cool.
  • Options

Cav crystals created a bigger gap in the player base than anything in the game before honestly. Hardly anyone seems to have an issue with them though and crystal opening vids are some of if not the highest watched for the youtubers.

That's why I didn't understand the uproar about this subscription. It's fairly meaningless on a large scale

I agree with you on most of this...I do think saying that viewership of crystal openings is the same as endorsing their introduction into the game might be a leap though. I have used my units to buy a few cavalier crystals since I got the title (only got 3 and 4 stars tho, sadly lol) but I like watching people like Seatin's videos opening them, more for morbid curiosity to see how bad the drop rates can be, how many 3 stars people are actually getting from these still (which still makes me mad they included them for how devalued they are in 2019) and sometimes its just because im bored and want background noise. It's not encouraging me to open any, and in the past didn't change my spending habits when deals would come out. I would imagine there might be people who see them and think they could have the same luck, but I would think the adults who play this were either going to purchase them or not and the video wouldn't make a difference.

As far as the uproar over the subscription, I personally think the thread was taken over and the point people who didn't like it got lost because of it. I didn't lose my mind or have an uproar over the idea or many aspects of the subscription service itself because I figured it was coming when they started repeating the monthly unit deal, which is an awesome value. My issue was including the energy refresh time reduction, a mini-gold realm quest, and expanded inventory in with the rest of the perks. Those were specific things the community had been asking for over and over, almost to the point of spamming, on the forums and every other outlet for this game for years. It felt kind of gross that it was confirmed Kabam had been listening but chose to put them behind a paywall subscription rather than just allow them to improve the game for everyone regardless of status as a player. I know some disagreed with this over there, but it's just how I feel. The rest of it I didn't have a problem with for the extra charge each month, but I will agree that the introduction of the cavalier crystals was a much larger shift in the game and had much bigger consequences for its future than the perks coming for Sigil. I'm still confused as to why 3 stars were included, as if making 4 stars the lowest (and the shards duping them would produce) are going to unbalance the game any more than including 5 and 6 stars in the crystals themselves would be doing. Just my rambling 2 cents tho.
  • Options

I agree with you on most of this...I do think saying that viewership of crystal openings is the same as endorsing their introduction into the game might be a leap though. I have used my units to buy a few cavalier crystals since I got the title (only got 3 and 4 stars tho, sadly lol) but I like watching people like Seatin's videos opening them, more for morbid curiosity to see how bad the drop rates can be, how many 3 stars people are actually getting from these still (which still makes me mad they included them for how devalued they are in 2019) and sometimes its just because im bored and want background noise. It's not encouraging me to open any, and in the past didn't change my spending habits when deals would come out. I would imagine there might be people who see them and think they could have the same luck, but I would think the adults who play this were either going to purchase them or not and the video wouldn't make a difference.

As far as the uproar over the subscription, I personally think the thread was taken over and the point people who didn't like it got lost because of it. I didn't lose my mind or have an uproar over the idea or many aspects of the subscription service itself because I figured it was coming when they started repeating the monthly unit deal, which is an awesome value. My issue was including the energy refresh time reduction, a mini-gold realm quest, and expanded inventory in with the rest of the perks. Those were specific things the community had been asking for over and over, almost to the point of spamming, on the forums and every other outlet for this game for years. It felt kind of gross that it was confirmed Kabam had been listening but chose to put them behind a paywall subscription rather than just allow them to improve the game for everyone regardless of status as a player. I know some disagreed with this over there, but it's just how I feel. The rest of it I didn't have a problem with for the extra charge each month, but I will agree that the introduction of the cavalier crystals was a much larger shift in the game and had much bigger consequences for its future than the perks coming for Sigil. I'm still confused as to why 3 stars were included, as if making 4 stars the lowest (and the shards duping them would produce) are going to unbalance the game any more than including 5 and 6 stars in the crystals themselves would be doing. Just my rambling 2 cents tho.
    I wasn't implying the videos changed anyone's spending habits but merely using the views they get as loose evidence that not only do people not have a problem with them being in game, but they actually like them being there.

You have every right to not like them putting those things behind a pay wall, I still disagree that it's that big of an issue. Crystals are a paid shortcut to champ acquisition. Now they've installed a paid shortcut to things like gold and energy. It's basically the same thing but for different areas of the game. The point of these games is to give people the ability to play it for free but then to offer shortcuts to parts of the game for those willing to spend. It's what keeps the lights on ultimately. Since the game needs both types of players though, they have to do it in a way that doesn't imbalance the game completely. I personally think they've done a decent job at that as like I've said it takes very large sums of money to make serious leaps by spending. Free players can still obtain champs by grinding arena for shards or the champs themselves. They can still obtain gold by grinding arena. They can get more energy by using arena units for refills. There's not really anything offered that a free player can't get, they just get it slower.
  • Options
    Not to derail the thread though sorry. AW is dumb and I wish everyone stopped playing it all together so kabam would actually put some effort into at least making it worth the headache
  • Options
    I still feel the new map difficulty is more balanced across the entire bg than the old one was.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    They should of just give us Bases!
  • Options

Not to derail the thread though sorry. AW is dumb and I wish everyone stopped playing it all together so kabam would actually put some effort into at least making it worth the headache

This we 100% agree on. I miss the good old days with the old war map. Well, not so much the thorns path but even then, I would take it over what we have now. and @DarkestDestroyer you made me laugh out loud with that one :)
  • Options

Lormif said:

"No, they actually do not, I dont, no one in my tier 4 guild is, Squishy seems to not be. Why are YOU having issues with the new nodes and maps."

That sounds a lot like "no one is having issues with it" to me dude. Pretty dismissive of a comment, but i'm not gonna argue semantics with you since you're backtracking now.

And it's honestly really hard to believe that if you were locked into tier 4 on the off season that you "won every single fight" in the off season. Every single fight? No one died fighting the boss? You guys all one shot every single fight for 2 weeks? If groups were tanking their maps I could maybe believe that, or not placing defenders that they normally used in war...look, i've played this game for over 4 years now, I don't think there's ever been a war we didn't have at least one death on our side whether it was the off season or not.

Back to the OP tho, since I can guarantee we're not gonna agree on a single thing here: @Hellmutmut is there a specific node you're having trouble with? what tier are you guys?

If that "sounds a who lot like" to you then you are not paying attention. He made an absolute statement 100%, I countered that with a relative statement !100%, or 0-99.9999%

Also when I said every single "fight", I was talking about the wars themselves, that should have been clear by me prefacing it with "my alliance went from having on off streaks" but I could have been clearer.

And yes saying "everyone" is less true than "a lot of people", 100% is not the same as 0-99.9%

Also who said the difficulty has not increased? You seem to do a lot of assuming in your post, you should stop that, dont make up arguments from other people, this is known as a strawman fallacy..

As for the OP I have been trying to get him to state his issues from the beginning, but he does not want to.
    Your claim to fame is winning off season wars where nobody gives a ****.
    If that was what you got out of all that your reading comprehension is about as bad as the other dudes, especially since I stated that the off season was nothing particularly important.
  • Options
    "If that was what you got out of all that your reading comprehension is about as bad as the other dudes, especially since I stated that the off season was nothing particularly important."

didn't you just say earlier that you didn't do personal attacks? I stopped the convo and you still found a way to insult me and now this guy. Be better dude.
  • Options

"If that was what you got out of all that your reading comprehension is about as bad as the other dudes, especially since I stated that the off season was nothing particularly important."

didn't you just say earlier that you didn't do personal attacks? I stopped the convo and you still found a way to insult me and now this guy. Be better dude.

Conditional statement, I didnt directly insult him, I left it up to him. Besides I have no issue once they go after me.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Conditional statement, I didnt directly insult him, I left it up to him. Besides I have no issue once they go after me.
    No, you said we both couldn't read properly. There is also something called taking the high road, or not responding when someone goads you. You literally said earlier you didn't do personal insults and here we are.
  • Options

Lormif said:

No, you said we both couldn't read properly. There is also something called taking the high road, or not responding when someone goads you. You literally said earlier you didn't do personal insults and here we are.
    Did I even mention you? where? Also where did I say I dont do personal attacks at all? I may be wrong but I dont believe I said that.. I believe my exact statement was " I didnt attack him". I wont start off ever with attacks, but if you attack me I dont have too much of an issue with it. I believe in treating people respectfully at first and if they disrespect me then all bets are off.
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    The new expert map with defender tactics are way too hard for alliances like ours that are stepping up from challenger, the difficulty scale increase is monstrous and challenger does not prepare alliances very well for it, there needs to be another step between them.
    People are leaving because of it and we have already decided to just play two bg and not use items, basically tanking unintentionally and preparing for next season instead.
  • Options
    BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    AW's are pure garbage, nobody even pushing in them or spending now.
  • Options
    VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    This whole thread is a giant disagree-fest
  • Options
    DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    I’m glad I don’t do wars n never will