**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should domino be triggering Critical failure to tech champions in Variant 3?

Darth_Caedus1Darth_Caedus1 Posts: 64
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
The domino mini in Variant 3 chapter 2.2 killed my stark spidey with crit failure when trying to dex. Is that intended? I tought tech champions couldn’t get ability accuracy reduced

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Is Crit Failure AAR, or a separate Ability?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Critical failure triggers when an ability of yours fails to occur.

It has little to do with your ability accuracy unless your 100% chance ability is reduced by Domino’s probability field or unlucky passive and an ability of yours fail to occur due to the reduction.

In the case of Spiderman he has a 3% chance to evade attacks and you will suffer Critical Failure every time he does not evade one of Domino’s attacks.

There are some bugs with it though. Two that come to mind are Ghost’s 10% chance to gain a cruelty buff on non critical hits and Hulk Ragnarok’s 5% chance to smash both do not trigger critical failure.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    critical failure is one of the worst mechanics in game,it border lines to being called "Bug" AA is immune to ability reduction and yet he triggers crit failure somehow, that ability should b completely removed from game and domino too while we r at it. she is broken pls fix her devs.
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    edited August 2019
    Kalantak said:

critical failure is one of the worst mechanics in game,it border lines to being called "Bug" AA is immune to ability reduction and yet he triggers crit failure somehow, that ability should b completely removed from game and domino too while we r at it. she is broken pls fix her devs.

Critical failure isn't any type of aar, in this sparky case.. his sp2 has a 70% chance to apply shock but when it fails(due to chance obviously) domino applies a critical failure
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

Sig ability
    Opponents take 753 Energy Damage over 1.5 second(s) whenever their abilities have a chance to trigger but don’t. Potency decreases temporarily for consecutive triggers.
    Note nothing in this talks about AAR

This is not how "critical failure" works. Her sig has nothing to do with AAR, and everything to do with triggers. AAR can cause something to fail, but that is a different case in general. Lets take your archangel for example.

Blocking-poison wings

0% chance to Poison the target, reducing their Health recovery by 30% and dealing 1435 Direct Damage over 15 seconds. (I know it can go up later in the desciption but not at the start of the fight)

If you parry domino at the start of the fight you are automatically going to get a critical failure, because this ability has a 100% chance not to trigger.

Critical Strikes – Razor Claws

40% chance to cause your opponent to Bleed for 1435 Direct Damage over 15 seconds.

This has a 60% chase to cause a critical failure, because that is the percent chance this does not occur.

In short anything that does not have a 100% chance to trigger can cause crit falure when it does not trigger.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    I think OP is saying his dex shouldn’t have failed in the first place, ie her 15% AAR shouldn’t have worked. Which he then got the resultant sig ability damage or got hit or something. I don’t know the answer tho. Should I try to attempt to dex her specials in variant 3 for example without any worry?
  • Huskers327Huskers327 Posts: 105
    ezgoing said:

I think OP is saying his dex shouldn’t have failed in the first place, ie her 15% AAR shouldn’t have worked. Which he then got the resultant sig ability damage or got hit or something. I don’t know the answer tho. Should I try to attempt to dex her specials in variant 3 for example without any worry?

Starky gets crit failure on dex because he still has a 3% chance to evade as well (even on a successful dex). So every dex that starky doesn’t also passively evade will trigger crit failure.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    How is this still so widely misunderstood? Maybe they should change the sig description to make it even clearer that it's any failure period, not necessarily failure caused by her passive AAR.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Great, that’s the reply that the OP needed.

ezgoing said:

Starky gets crit failure on dex because he still has a 3% chance to evade as well (even on a successful dex). So every dex that starky doesn’t also passively evade will trigger crit failure.