**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Could you just show us the sig ability and not keep it secret?

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I've listed several reasons this is not an important change that needs to be addressed. Funny how the 3-4 people pro doing this have only given the reason they don't want to be bothered to look it up.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Last Comment: Finally they don't even need to do show the sig at any sig level they can be like "Luke Cage procs indestructible every {x} seconds"

What would be the point of that?
    Its really not necessary to participate in every thread and post something that is far from commonsense and relevancy.

Dont you have a job or something else to do ?

Your totally way off on this matter , whether you like it or not.
    I'm not bothering with that personal bit.
    I'm not way off at all, really. People want what they know they can find here on the Forum. The irony is they're coming to the place that has the information they want to complain they can't have it without unlocking the Champ. Good Lord. Just look it up.
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU SHOULD NOT NEED LEAVE THE APP AT ALL T9 LOOK AT WHAT SOMEONE SIG IS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MASTERIES SO WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH SIGS
    You "shouldn't". Why is that? You think you're going to have all the information you need for informed decisions within the game, or do you think you might have to ask around now and then? Pretty sure if you want to grow, you're going to have to look past the game alone.
    Well I mean yes why not have all the information needed especially when they give you awakening gems with a purpose of you making a decision on who you want to awaken and how would know who to awaken if you don't know what their sig ability.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Last Comment: Finally they don't even need to do show the sig at any sig level they can be like "Luke Cage procs indestructible every {x} seconds"

Its really not necessary to participate in every thread and post something that is far from commonsense and relevancy.

I'm not way off at all, really. People want what they know they can find here on the Forum. The irony is they're coming to the place that has the information they want to complain they can't have it without unlocking the Champ. Good Lord. Just look it up.
    FOR CRYING OUT LOUD YOU SHOULD NOT NEED LEAVE THE APP AT ALL T9 LOOK AT WHAT SOMEONE SIG IS LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH MASTERIES SO WHY NOT DO THE SAME WITH SIGS
    You "shouldn't". Why is that? You think you're going to have all the information you need for informed decisions within the game, or do you think you might have to ask around now and then? Pretty sure if you want to grow, you're going to have to look past the game alone.
    Well I mean yes why not have all the information needed especially when they give you awakening gems with a purpose of you making a decision on who you want to awaken and how would know who to awaken if you don't know what their sig ability.
    Why do you think they keep sending Emails suggesting we head to the Forum? The information is here.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

I'm sorry but reading your posts gives me a headache!! And STRESS
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Does the awakening gem have a timer on it saying it will expire? Do you lose it if not used immediately? Good grief if you are immediately jumping to a champ without doing the research you are probably wasting it anyway

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Why do you think they keep sending Emails suggesting we head to the Forum? The information is here.
    Just because they send send emails doesn't mean people are actually going to go to the forums so why not disclose the info inside the game like please explain to me why you're so against this change you're acting like it destroys the game for everyone
    Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Does the awakening gem have a timer on it saying it will expire? Do you lose it if not used immediately? Good grief if you are immediately jumping to a champ without doing the research you are probably wasting it anyway
    Ummm yes they do if they are in the overflow
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Just because they send send emails doesn't mean people are actually going to go to the forums so why not disclose the info inside the game like please explain to me why you're so against this change you're acting like it destroys the game for everyone
    Then that's the choice they make. If they want information and are not willing to look for it, that's not the fault of the game.
    Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

So you have enough awakening gems that they are sitting in your overflow? If that's the case does it even matter who you are awakening? That is a pointless reason for this thread.

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Then that's the choice they make. If they want information and are not willing to look for it, that's not the fault of the game.
    It is a fault in the game you should be told what you are unlocking so you know if you want to unlock it or not just like what they do with masteries
    Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

So you have enough awakening gems that they are sitting in your overflow? If that's the case does it even matter who you are awakening? That is a pointless reason for this thread.
    Yes it does matter obviously who is just going to awaken champs they plan on never using
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

It is a fault in the game you should be told what you are unlocking so you know if you want to unlock it or not just like what they do with masteries
    You are told. If you dont want to look that's on you. Again the only argument for this change is "I'm too lazy to look up the ability " and I guess the "they will expire in my overflow " but that seems like a stupid argument
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Yes it does matter obviously who is just going to awaken champs they plan on never using
    it is rare that you use a AGe, and if you are going to use you should do a little more research.
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Then they can look it up. Otherwise they're unwilling to do their research before spending Resources.
    So I have given multiple reasons why this is a waste of resources for the game team to invest in. I've yet to see a rebuttal for any of the ones given. You keep sticking to "I don't want to look them up"
    Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

You are told. If you dont want to look that's on you. Again the only argument for this change is "I'm too lazy to look up the ability " and I guess the "they will expire in my overflow " but that seems like a stupid argument
    Never once have I said I'm too lazy I am saying that if Kabam are willing to give us AG why not give us the information on who we should use it on all this is a quality of life change making it easier to figure out who you want to awaken and you calling the arguement stupid is not constructive at all
    Dshu said:

So I have given multiple reasons why this is a waste of resources for the game team to invest in. I've yet to see a rebuttal for any of the ones given. You keep sticking to "I don't want to look them up"

Please state what those reasons are
    Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

Never once have I said I'm too lazy I am saying that if Kabam are willing to give us AG why not give us the information on who we should use it on all this is a quality of life change making it easier to figure out who you want to awaken and you calling the arguement stupid is not constructive at all
    Not all "QOL" changes are positive to the game, or makes sense. Giving us an infinite inventory would be a huge QOL change fore the players but makes little sense for the game itself.
    Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

So you feel that being able to see the awakened sig ability for the maybe twice a year kabam gives out the free awakening gems is a larger benefit to the community than investing that time into bug fixes, character reworks, and mastery reworks to name a few things. Please explain how this small change that affects something that happens twice a year maybe (not including the ones they sell if you are buying them hopefully you already have a champ in mind) helps the quality of life in the game for a larger percentage of the player base than the things I've mentioned?
    Dshu said:

Ok so I got accused of adding nothing to the conversation when I suggested making it available if paid for. Let me elaborate on why I suggested this and give you some insight into why it should be charged for. It's a fairly unnecessary change to the game since the request is available in game if you take the time to look. It's also available on the forum (I know you don't want to leave the game to find it but you have no issues with arguing about it on the forum) under the champion spotlight. There are multiple sources that give descriptions of the sig ability and how it scales by sig level. Even available for view it wouldn't show how it scales. Some champions sig abilities are confusing to understand so showing them would still lead you to search outside sources to understand what they do and how important it may be. Finally people are confused about why champs don't work when they first get them and turn to the forum asking why isn't x doing y only to be told it must be awakened. Showing the ability would only further confuse them. As to why I suggested it should be a chargeable feature. Well the game has plenty of bugs (see bugs and known issues tab if you want a list) that need to be fixed and I'd rather see those addressed to increase the enjoyment of the game. Also several champs are in need of a rework to bring them up to playable in the current meta of the game (search posts about disappointment pulls before you try to argue this one). Finally there are items such has pure skill that people already paid for (units or cash it doesn't matter they bought them) that are in need of a rework. If the game designers are going to invest time in rewriting game code for people to view locked sig abilities before this to make a few players happy they should fund the extra labor rather than pulling from other areas that need this more. In a game running perfectly with no other areas in need of improvement I'd agree to your suggestion but in the current state of the game I'd rather see improvements that benefit more of the player base rather than time invested for a small group unwilling to do the research themselves.

Maybe read the post?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    This is simply a quality improvement. It wouldn't drastically change or alter the game. If they started doing it now with new champs and then as they rework other champs it could all be corrected with little to no added cost within a year or so. Kabam used to not inform ppl though the game about emergency maintenance. This was done because ppl didnt like having to check an outside source to find important information. Did adding it to the game drastically change anything? No, but it made it more convenient just like this feature would. Im not saying Kabam should drop everything they are doing and work tons of overtime to get this fixed ASAP. I just dont see any harm in adding this simple bit convenient feature to the game.
    Neotwism said:

This is simply a quality improvement. It wouldn't drastically change or alter the game. If they started doing it now with new champs and then as they rework other champs it could all be corrected with little to no added cost within a year or so. Kabam used to not inform ppl though the game about emergency maintenance. This was done because ppl didnt like having to check an outside source to find important information. Did adding it to the game drastically change anything? No, but it made it more convenient just like this feature would. Im not saying Kabam should drop everything they are doing and work tons of overtime to get this fixed ASAP. I just dont see any harm in adding this simple bit convenient feature to the game.

you mean besides the massive confusion it will cause because people will think that is an active ability now.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Lormif when masteries are locked you can still read there abilities. I dont see why this would cause any more problems than it does now. Some ppl dont take the time or cant read. This wont chamge with or without adding this feature
    Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

AlphA101 said:

Zuro said:

So you feel that being able to see the awakened sig ability for the maybe twice a year kabam gives out the free awakening gems is a larger benefit to the community than investing that time into bug fixes, character reworks, and mastery reworks to name a few things. Please explain how this small change that affects something that happens twice a year maybe (not including the ones they sell if you are buying them hopefully you already have a champ in mind) helps the quality of life in the game for a larger percentage of the player base than the things I've mentioned?
    What I'm saying is if Kabam has time to write the sig bio why not just write the sig itself. Now let me address the other points just because I'm on the forums "arguing" instead of looking at champion spotlight isn't even an arguement how about those who aren't in the forums and no nothing about the forums because they don't read their mail and they know nothing about these third party websites.What do reworks have to do with anything? No one cares what sig level they need to portal it is as they can just do for example "Luke Cage procs indestructible every { x } seconds ". I also doubt it takes that long to change what sig bio is as they are able to even write these sig bios I'm the first place. How would people get confused if the signature ability is in read showing that you haven't unlocking it yet plus I'm pretty sure they would know if their champion is duped or not based on the stars
    Neotwism said:

@Lormif when masteries are locked you can still read there abilities. I dont see why this would cause any more problems than it does now. Some ppl dont take the time or cant read. This wont chamge with or without adding this feature

Because masteries are completely different. masteriesare not an active part of a champion but your character, you have to actively put points into pastries to turn them on and off, and yet STILL people dont know them how many of them work.

This change would cause massive confusion, especially to those people who dont or cannot read.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    You shouldn’t have to go outside of the game for game related stuff
    For example prestige- how they haven’t made this accessible in game is idiotic
    Edit (when I say game related stuff I don’t mean events like nycc)
    Kobster84 said:

Exactly considering how big it is for AQ
    Kobster84 said:

It is available in game... You just have to reset your talents and tally up your top 5.
    Kobster84 said:

Edit (when I say game related stuff I don’t mean events like nycc)

Ok the prestige argument is valid and I will 100% agree here
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

It is available in game... You just have to reset your talents and tally up your top 5.
    You know how much units that would cost lol
This discussion has been closed.