**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Could you just show us the sig ability and not keep it secret?

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Just a funny story from when I started playing mcoc. I somehow got my hands on 4* science AG on Christmas. At the time I did not have any 5* (I got my first next year in June). I read my Ant-man's signature ability and it stated "Ant-man alters his size to dodge opponents attacks", so stupid me gave him the precious AG in expectation to see him shrink every now and then while fighting.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

@Dshu why do u agree with prestige and not this? I dont think u should have to go outside the game for game related stuff. Prestige should also be included. As far as your other reasons coding and bugs are covered by different department as kabam has already stated. The coding for this feature is already mostly done. It shows the description once unlocked. Simply show that description with the same red and locked icon. It would be easier and less time consuming than they r doing now.

prestige is required for the competitive game modes to work, and is impossible to get by other means. They do not publish the prestige for each rank/sig level of the champion meaning you have to rely on third party and hope their data is accurate.

Signature is completely different. You can get the sig abilities from lower tier champs if you want to see it, or look at the champion spotlight. It literally takes very little time to figure out a champs sigs inside or outside the game without making this change.
    So you disagree with my point but then say you have to rely on third party and “hope” their data is accurate
    I don’t think this would be hard for kabam to implement maybe it would but I doubt it
    You can use the Forum. There are Champion Spotlights.
    And how about those who don't know about the forum or third party websites
    You mean the Forum that they message us about every month?
    And you act like everyone read their emails
    So even when the stuff is presented in game they still get massively confused.. And you seem to think this is a good thing? You are arguing against the very thing you are saying.
    Its not presented in game they send you to the forums to see it as I said before not everyone reads their messages and secondly how about if I want to see some old champs spotlight that would be leading people to not know how to fins the sig a easy solution would be that we can pick what champs is in the champ overview on the main screen
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Awakened
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

@Dshu why do u agree with prestige and not this? I dont think u should have to go outside the game for game related stuff. Prestige should also be included. As far as your other reasons coding and bugs are covered by different department as kabam has already stated. The coding for this feature is already mostly done. It shows the description once unlocked. Simply show that description with the same red and locked icon. It would be easier and less time consuming than they r doing now.

prestige is required for the competitive game modes to work, and is impossible to get by other means. They do not publish the prestige for each rank/sig level of the champion meaning you have to rely on third party and hope their data is accurate.

Signature is completely different. You can get the sig abilities from lower tier champs if you want to see it, or look at the champion spotlight. It literally takes very little time to figure out a champs sigs inside or outside the game without making this change.
    So you disagree with my point but then say you have to rely on third party and “hope” their data is accurate
    I don’t think this would be hard for kabam to implement maybe it would but I doubt it
    You dont have to rely on third parties for signature abilities, they publish it in the champion spotlight, therefore I dont understand what you are trying to say.
    Sorry believed you were still talking about prestige
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

You shouldn’t have to go outside of the game for game related stuff
    For example prestige- how they haven’t made this accessible in game is idiotic
    Edit (when I say game related stuff I don’t mean events like nycc)

I shouldn't have to look up words in a Dictionary. They should write the meanings in the books.
    I mean alot of books have a glossary
    There was a point there. It was missed.
    This whole argument is silly. We know where the info is, we know how to find it. People are arguing that they shouldn't have to look it up. If you can press the Game App, you can press Google.
    There is can and should arguement here. You CAN do it but doesnt mean you SHOULD have to do it
    Says who? Can you not see how that view is really entitled? "I shouldn't have to put effort into what I want to know.".
    Please explain how that is entitled if they have enough time to write sig bios why not write the actual sig
    because then people will think that is part of the champ they have... we keep going in circles....
    Why would they think that if it's is red and it is locked that's why I said don't give any actual sig level just do x and y amounts
    because they already do without even having the ability like that.
    No they do not everything is so vague
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

So even when the stuff is presented in game they still get massively confused.. And you seem to think this is a good thing? You are arguing against the very thing you are saying.
    Its not presented in game they send you to the forums to see it as I said before not everyone reads their messages and secondly how about if I want to see some old champs spotlight that would be leading people to not know how to fins the sig a easy solution would be that we can pick what champs is in the champ overview on the main screen
    So the forum link is not presented in the in game emails, they just blindly send you to the forums and dont tell you where to go?

And you dont read the in game mails how can you expect people to take this request seriously?
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

So the forum link is not presented in the in game emails, they just blindly send you to the forums and dont tell you where to go?

And you dont read the in game mails how can you expect people to take this request seriously?
    You clearly don't know what I mean the info itself is not in the game which is dumb but not only that how about if I wanted to see a old champs spotlight would I need to dig ages into my emails
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's hard to tell if this discussion is serious or not. We know what the old Champs do. We've rolled enough of them to have a 2 or 3* Awakened. Plus they've been around for years. The new ones are posted on the Forum, featured on YouTube, in the EQ, and talked about in other places. Yes. If someone lives in a bubble, doesn't come to the Forum, doesn't talk to other Players, won't check out YouTube, and won't read the In-Game Messages, they won't find out. They won't find much of anything out. There's no cure for apathy.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

It's hard to tell if this discussion is serious or not. We know what the old Champs do. We've rolled enough of them to have a 2 or 3* Awakened. Plus they've been around for years. The new ones are posted on the Forum, featured on YouTube, in the EQ, and talked about in other places. Yes. If someone lives in a bubble, doesn't come to the Forum, doesn't talk to other Players, won't check out YouTube, and won't read the In-Game Messages, they won't find out. They won't find much of anything out. There's no cure for apathy.

With that attitude no quality of life changes would be made
    Yes this change wouldn’t be needed but it would be nice
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

You clearly don't know what I mean the info itself is not in the game which is dumb but not only that how about if I wanted to see a old champs spotlight would I need to dig ages into my emails
    Umm, it is in the game.... So yea I dont know what you are talking about it does not make sense.. Even still not everything has to be in the game... AGs are such an important tool you needing to do some research is somewhat expected.
    Kobster84 said:

Can we stop using the term "quality of life" like we're describing someone on life suppprt? Lol.
    This isn't something I would call that, for that matter. No offense to anyone here, but it's just lazy to say you shouldn't have to do research to find out what you need to know.

Kobster84 said:

Can we stop using the term "quality of life" like we're describing someone on life suppprt? Lol.
    This isn't something I would call that, for that matter. No offense to anyone here, but it's just lazy to say you shouldn't have to do research to find out what you need to know.
    Let me bring back what I said: That's like playing a game with a skill tree and they don't tell you what any of the skills are until you unlock it
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

Umm, it is in the game.... So yea I dont know what you are talking about it does not make sense.. Even still not everything has to be in the game... AGs are such an important tool you needing to do some research is somewhat expected.
    That's like playing a game with a skill tree and they don't tell you what any of the skills are until you unlock it
    Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Let me bring back what I said: That's like playing a game with a skill tree and they don't tell you what any of the skills are until you unlock it
    A skill tree isn't the same as a Champ that isn't Awakened. Part of what you get for Awakening it is learning what it does. I realize that we all know, but it's meant to be hidden until you earn it. If you're talking about Gems, then I've always encouraged people to look for the most information possible before making decisions. You won't find it all in the game. If not, you get what you put into it.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

WE (long time players) know champs' signature levels, that's true. The point of revealing signature abilities would be to help newer players.

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

A skill tree isn't the same as a Champ that isn't Awakened. Part of what you get for Awakening it is learning what it does. I realize that we all know, but it's meant to be hidden until you earn it. If you're talking about Gems, then I've always encouraged people to look for the most information possible before making decisions. You won't find it all in the game. If not, you get what you put into it.
    It doesn't even need to show what the sig is on the actual champ they could do it were when you're in your inventory and press use item on a AG when you press a champ they tell you what the sig is so you know if it's worth it or not before using. And this is just like a skill tree as they both give characters new abilities
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Exactly. For the people saying to look at the 2 or 3 star versions, they don't all scale the same way.
    Instead of making any in-game changes, if we're dependent on 3rd party sources or the forums, that information needs to be tended to like a library or sciences wikipedia. Easy to find, persistent, and vetted by Kabam to ensure accuracy.
    You're not going to find everything you need in the game without looking to other Players or the Forum, or other sources that are trustworthy. The game is a social one. People should be encouraged to make use of what's available.

You're not going to find everything you need in the game without looking to other Players or the Forum, or other sources that are trustworthy. The game is a social one. People should be encouraged to make use of what's available.

Considering how big awakenings this info should be in the game so you know what you're awakening and I'm done for good now this combo is getting way too long and done trying to explain what a quality of life change is to you
    At this point ur just here to argue GOODBYE
    Zuro said:

Considering how big awakenings this info should be in the game so you know what you're awakening and I'm done for good now this combo is getting way too long and done trying to explain what a quality of life change is to you
    Considering how big Awakenings are, people should care more about looking things up.

Thread is still going strong
    Someone get it closed already lol

Yeah I'm done with this thread my first mistake was getting in a arguement with GW peace out
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Neotwism said:

That's like playing a game with a skill tree and they don't tell you what any of the skills are until you unlock it
    No it is not, unlocking skill trees REQUIRES an action. Unlocking sigs is GENERALLY done when you dupe the character.
    Zuro said:

Yeah I'm done with this thread my first mistake was getting in a arguement with GW peace out
    This is like the 3rd time you have stated that.
    Lormif said:

Zuro said:

This is like the 3rd time you have stated that.
    Yes ik it was but when I have 3 people tryna teaming up on me I'm bound to reply and I give up trying to get through with yall
    No one in particular so you Tag me? Lol.
    Nothing wrong at all, actually. If people want to play blindly, they can. If they want to get the most they can out of the experience and make informed decisions, they're going to have to look into things now and then. Unless we've come to the point where we think everything should be laid out for us. In which case something is definitely wrong.

Just a quick response to no one in particular: if an aspect of the game is described to the users so poorly that they must resort to looking up how it functions, the game is doing something wrong.

@GroundedWisdom

The function is not poorly described. We know how it is described you get this ability when you awaken the champion.
    Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,
    Why the hell would anyone argue against this?
    This improves the game, this is a positive not a negative but some people just like to argue or be the contrarian. Pls stop and focus on what you are really arguing about

Just because you cannot see the negative does not negate it. We have pointed out real negatives to this, that you want to ignore those is on you.
This discussion has been closed.