**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Could you just show us the sig ability and not keep it secret?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You're right. The difference is one is Awakened and one is not. Yet here we are, arguing that we can find out what it does, but we shouldn't have to.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Hehehdhd said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,
    Why the hell would anyone argue against this?
    This improves the game, this is a positive not a negative but some people just like to argue or be the contrarian. Pls stop and focus on what you are really arguing about

Just because you cannot see the negative does not negate it. We have pointed out real negatives to this, that you want to ignore those is on you.
    The only real negative anyone pointed out was people could be confused but if u kept the lock sign and kept it in red no one would get confused. Only people who don’t take the time to understand and they deserve to be confused
    Yea so all the extra confusion is no big deal right? no added support or forums burden to save you 5 seconds of looking something up?

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,
    This improves the game, this is a positive not a negative but some people just like to argue or be the contrarian. Pls stop and focus on what you are really arguing about

Just because you cannot see the negative does not negate it. We have pointed out real negatives to this, that you want to ignore those is on you.
    The only real negative anyone pointed out was people could be confused but if u kept the lock sign and kept it in red no one would get confused. Only people who don’t take the time to understand and they deserve to be confused
    Yea so all the extra confusion is no big deal right? no added support or forums burden to save you 5 seconds of looking something up?
    A big red lock is not confusing in any way. There’s a difference between stupid and wanting information. You can help the people who want information by giving them information. You can’t help stupid.
    Maybe not to you, but most people will look right past it, these forums are evidence of that....The information has been given to you already, it takes a few seconds to access.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,

A big red lock is not confusing in any way. There’s a difference between stupid and wanting information. You can help the people who want information by giving them information. You can’t help stupid.
    Maybe not to you, but most people will look right past it, these forums are evidence of that....The information has been given to you already, it takes a few seconds to access.
    Did you really just say MOST people I'm pretty sure everyone knows the difference between silver and gold stars at this point you are trying so hard to be right it's embarrassing (and yes I know I'm back here so don't make that a comeback)

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,

For the fifth or sixth time in about ten minutes, a game should explain how it works to its users. “Games should be self-explanatory on matters of functionality. It’s not our job to learn what things do, but rather how to use those things effectively.”
    Exactly that's like having a game with no sort of tutorial and you have to search on Google how to jump or something

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,

For the fifth or sixth time in about ten minutes, a game should explain how it works to its users. “Games should be self-explanatory on matters of functionality. It’s not our job to learn what things do, but rather how to use those things effectively.”
    For the fith or sixed time in about ten minutes the game does already explain how it works. The sig ability is not about functionality. The fictional part here is the AG and how it works. The sig is an ability that you unlock with it. That description of the functionality is there. You are conflating things., the sig is not the functional part.
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Lormif said:

Hehehdhd said:

Jesus,

Did you really just say MOST people I'm pretty sure everyone knows the difference between silver and gold stars at this point you are trying so hard to be right it's embarrassing (and yes I know I'm back here so don't make that a comeback)
    I never mentioned anything about silver and gold stars...

@Lormif you’re talking about something completely different now. We’re arguing that, before investing resources into a character, we should be told how they function. You’re talking about the resources themselves. Completely irrelevant.

How they function, or how the game functions? you have been talking about game functions, not character abilities.... You are the one changing the arguments. Character abilities do not always have to be clear before unlocked, they have to be clear WHEN useable, and they are.
    Lormif said:

@Lormif you’re talking about something completely different now. We’re arguing that, before investing resources into a character, we should be told how they function. You’re talking about the resources themselves. Completely irrelevant.

How they function, or how the game functions? you have been talking about game functions, not character abilities.... You are the one changing the arguments. Character abilities do not always have to be clear before unlocked, they have to be clear WHEN useable, and they are.
    That was just dumb first of characters abilities are apart of hot the game functions and please tell me know why we should not know what the abilities is

Lormif said:

How the characters in the game function. And when spending real money on the game is an option, yes, what you’re paying for should be clear.
    Really? You cannot play the game without knowing a locked sig ability? That is what fuction is...
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

That was just dumb first of characters abilities are apart of hot the game functions and please tell me know why we should not know what the abilities is
    They already tell you in the champion spotlight, we seem to be going in circle, the information is there for things you havent unlocked yet, so they tell you...
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

How the characters in the game function. And when spending real money on the game is an option, yes, what you’re paying for should be clear.
    Really? You cannot play the game without knowing a locked sig ability? That is what fuction is...
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

They already tell you in the champion spotlight, we seem to be going in circle, the information is there for things you havent unlocked yet, so they tell you...
    Okay by that logic how about if they want to see a older champs spotlight and they don't know how to work the forums?

@Lormif, what? I didn’t say it’s impossible to play, I said it makes no sense for me to give Kabam money (which is why this game exists, welcome to capitalism) for something that I haven’t been told how it works.

What have you not been told about how works? They give you an email in the game with a link to the champion spotlight for every champ. They tell you how the champ works you just dont want to recognize it so you are talking in circles.
    Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Zuro said:

Lormif said:

Okay by that logic how about if they want to see a older champs spotlight and they don't know how to work the forums?
    Champs that should be awakened at a lower level? really that is your argument?

@Lormif, you get a champion spotlight right when the character is released. Not when you personally get the character. I don’t have Dr. Voodoo, but he’s been around for a long time.

Now let’s say I (like most MCOC players) don’t use the forums, and this fairly old character’s spotlight is long gone in my inbox. Now I don’t have any clue what he does when awakened. So this shiny little Mystic Awakening Gem in the Unit Store is less valuable to me and I’m less likely to give Kabam money, which hurts them. Why wouldn’t they implement this?

So you have been playing all this time and you haev absolutely none of this older character as a 2-4* duped? Also the AG would not be any less valuable to you, you just have to go to the spotlight..

Your arguments are very contrived.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I just fail to see how this would add anything of real quality to the game. When you face opponents you are unfamiliar with do you not look at their profile and sig ability? I mean I guess you can fight them blind but it's like going into sinister labs and never reading the nodes. Part of this game is learning not only the move sets but the ability of the different champs. If you are doing that you are already learning the sig ability without going to an outside source. The thing with awakening gems is although it does activate their signature abilities it does so at a very low level. If you want to make an informed decision about who to use it on you WANT to go to an outside source to see how the ability scales. Adding this just seems like a waste of time rewriting code when other things need to be fixed
    Dshu said:

I just fail to see how this would add anything of real quality to the game. When you face opponents you are unfamiliar with do you not look at their profile and sig ability? I mean I guess you can fight them blind but it's like going into sinister labs and never reading the nodes. Part of this game is learning not only the move sets but the ability of the different champs. If you are doing that you are already learning the sig ability without going to an outside source. The thing with awakening gems is although it does activate their signature abilities it does so at a very low level. If you want to make an informed decision about who to use it on you WANT to go to an outside source to see how the ability scales. Adding this just seems like a waste of time rewriting code when other things need to be fixed

How the sig scales has nothing to do with an awakening decision I'm pretty sure all they want to know is what the actual sig.

Lormif said:

@Lormif, you get a champion spotlight right when the character is released. Not when you personally get the character. I don’t have Dr. Voodoo, but he’s been around for a long time.

Now let’s say I (like most MCOC players) don’t use the forums, and this fairly old character’s spotlight is long gone in my inbox. Now I don’t have any clue what he does when awakened. So this shiny little Mystic Awakening Gem in the Unit Store is less valuable to me and I’m less likely to give Kabam money, which hurts them. Why wouldn’t they implement this?

So you have been playing all this time and you haev absolutely none of this older character as a 2-4* duped? Also the AG would not be any less valuable to you, you just have to go to the spotlight..

Your arguments are very contrived.
    Fair point, I’ve duped this guy once over more than three years. But with all of the characters in the game and all the users who haven’t played for as long as me, the idea still stands.

The champion spotlight is on the forums, which not everyone uses. After awhile, you’re not gonna keep the champion spotlight for every champ.
    Adding on to this you talk like every player has a 2 star version of every champ which they do not plus if the champ is as old as let's say sparky you know how long they would be digging in their mail looking for the spotlight only for it not to be there
    Zuro said:

Dshu said:

How the sig scales has nothing to do with an awakening decision I'm pretty sure all they want to know is what the actual sig.
    How the sig scales is very important in making your decision. Awakening sentinel at sig 1 gains a lot more than awakening void or sw at 1. There is just as much disappointment at wasting an awakening gem on the wrong champ as there is finding out you need to max sig them to see any major improvement in the champ. If the awakening gem is as important as you are saying shouldn't you want to get as much as possible from it?
    Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

How the sig scales is very important in making your decision. Awakening sentinel at sig 1 gains a lot more than awakening void or sw at 1. There is just as much disappointment at wasting an awakening gem on the wrong champ as there is finding out you need to max sig them to see any major improvement in the champ. If the awakening gem is as important as you are saying shouldn't you want to get as much as possible from it?
    As I said before awakening then has nothing to do with how the sig scales you are talking about sig stones not awakening gems
    Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

You are talking about sig stones not awakening gems
    Zuro said:

Dshu said:

Zuro said:

Dshu said:

You are talking about sig stones not awakening gems
    I disagree. I'm talking about making an informed decision based on the signature abilities of champs. One of the arguments for this is that it's to allow people to know what the sig ability of a champ is. If you are going to use a rare resource like an awakening gem shouldn't you also know how the ability scales before you make that decision? You wont get that from the awakened ability being visible so in order to know if it is worth investing the awakening gem you should know how important sig level is. If I have 99 mutant sig stones for example do I awaken wolverine or is it more valuable to awaken sentinel with no sig stones or void with 3. A better example would be sl or sentinel. who gains more if you dont have sig stones to put into the champ
This discussion has been closed.