Overhyped/Overrated??

2

Comments

  • MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 134
    I say carnage. Not hyped too much,but still overhyped imo
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 311

    Symbiote Supreme.

    I'm pretty sure it's just me, not knowing how to use him effectively maybe (although I've watched videos how to...), but I find him underwhelming and his playstyle very annoying. Something about having to wait, and wait, and bait, and dex, and wait, and bait and dex, and wait some more for the power to come... by the time I reach the SP3, I'm so bored I start getting hit by mistake.

    Sym Supreme shines in matches with opponents that trigger buffs, also md helps him a lot.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 225
    I don’t enjoy Corvus’ play style very much. I can’t say he’s overhyped because he is a world beater, he just leaves me a bit cold when I play him, same with Void.
    I took my Void to R5 because there’s no denying him utilities, he’s just boring to use. Give me Ronin, GP or Sentinel all day
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 90

    -Blade
    -Corvus
    -Iceman
    -Ghost Rider

    Not a popular opinion at all. Cue the disagrees

    I only agree with GR and Iceman, the other two are very good
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    DrZola said:

    Cull Obsidian

    Dr. Zola

    He does need a couple of ramp-up fights, which can gimp him in the hardest content, but if you can survive the first two or three fights, he’s OP.

    Also struggles against rebuff shruggers and stun immune champs, so he’s kinda niche. But can’t agree he is overrated.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 1,002 ★★★
    JohnHS said:

    Blade (Regen is amazing, but why does he dominate War?)
    Starky (useful, great damage, but no sustainability or immunities)
    Quake (no immunities, too many evade counters)
    Magik (power control and that's about it. Good, but nowhere near Sym Supreme, Omega, Corvus, Ghost, etc.)

    To those complaining about Corvus, you've got to strategize. He's a ramp-up champ. You've got to know how to strategize. He's not for long fights either.

    I wouldn’t call Quake overrated, just hard to play. If you can Quake properly she is amazing. I struggle with her personally.

  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 145
    I do agree that Quake and Symbiote Supreme are two that are overhyped as well. But with SS he would probably be better if I added points in to mystic dispersion which I’m not really feeling and don’t like that that’s what is reliant for a champ to be good.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 307 ★★
    Zuro said:

    JohnHS said:

    Zuro said:

    JohnHS said:

    Blade (Regen is amazing, but why does he dominate War?)
    Starky (useful, great damage, but no sustainability or immunities)
    Quake (no immunities, too many evade counters)
    Magik (power control and that's about it. Good, but nowhere near Sym Supreme, Omega, Corvus, Ghost, etc.)

    To those complaining about Corvus, you've got to strategize. He's a ramp-up champ. You've got to know how to strategize. He's not for long fights either.

    There really aren't that many evade counters tbh and most DOT effects require you to touch the opponent which you don't have to do with quake but that's just my opinion don't need to listen to it
    NODES. Bleed, poison,etc. Some champs deal damage passively, like Void. War bosses have true strike. Infinity Man, Night Thrasher, Iceman at start of fight, Domino, awakened Black Widow ... shall I go on?
    I'm not saying she's weak, but she doesn't compare to, say, Ghost. Doesn't belong in the #1 champ discussion
    She can get pass bane, mirror reflect(amazing for variant 2), power gain nodes while ghost cant do it as efficient she shuts down alot of enemies abilities and even the champs that you mentioned although they counter her evade she is still usable and she can stop void from applying debuffs so no DOT damage she is amazing counter for some other DOTs like Limbo or Aura of incineration as she doesn't let hem proc it so...
    Ghost can take no damage while phasing (so Bane doesn't matter) and tank SP3s. She's also not severely crippled by passive power gain like Doctor Strange, Symbiote Supreme, or Hyperion. Her ability accuracy reduction isn't always gonna be up, so you can still get an Intimidating Presence debuff on you. And no, you can't play Quake style vs champs who counter evade. The aura of incineration and limbo counters are nice, but there are other champs who can do that just as effectively.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 1,668 ★★★
    Definitely gotta go with Corvus here. Don’t get me wrong, I like him a lot and enjoy playing him (majority of the time). However, I definitely would not consider him to be the best cosmic champ in the game as some claim him to be. I just think there are more consistent damage dealers within the class. Captain Marvel 2019 and Cull Obsidian for example.

    Also, Ægon. If it’s not something like labyrinth or rol, you never reach his super fun abilities like his furies and unblockable attacks. I find him miserable to ramp up, even with his sig ability. Yes, he is fantastic and really fun once you do ramp him up, but the process of doing that is just not fun. At least with SL and WS(+KM) you can directly see how quickly the damage goes up.

    I can’t think of anymore right off, so I’ll leave it like that.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    JohnHS said:

    Zuro said:

    JohnHS said:

    Zuro said:

    JohnHS said:

    Blade (Regen is amazing, but why does he dominate War?)
    Starky (useful, great damage, but no sustainability or immunities)
    Quake (no immunities, too many evade counters)
    Magik (power control and that's about it. Good, but nowhere near Sym Supreme, Omega, Corvus, Ghost, etc.)

    To those complaining about Corvus, you've got to strategize. He's a ramp-up champ. You've got to know how to strategize. He's not for long fights either.

    There really aren't that many evade counters tbh and most DOT effects require you to touch the opponent which you don't have to do with quake but that's just my opinion don't need to listen to it
    NODES. Bleed, poison,etc. Some champs deal damage passively, like Void. War bosses have true strike. Infinity Man, Night Thrasher, Iceman at start of fight, Domino, awakened Black Widow ... shall I go on?
    I'm not saying she's weak, but she doesn't compare to, say, Ghost. Doesn't belong in the #1 champ discussion
    She can get pass bane, mirror reflect(amazing for variant 2), power gain nodes while ghost cant do it as efficient she shuts down alot of enemies abilities and even the champs that you mentioned although they counter her evade she is still usable and she can stop void from applying debuffs so no DOT damage she is amazing counter for some other DOTs like Limbo or Aura of incineration as she doesn't let hem proc it so...
    Ghost can take no damage while phasing (so Bane doesn't matter) and tank SP3s. She's also not severely crippled by passive power gain like Doctor Strange, Symbiote Supreme, or Hyperion. Her ability accuracy reduction isn't always gonna be up, so you can still get an Intimidating Presence debuff on you. And no, you can't play Quake style vs champs who counter evade. The aura of incineration and limbo counters are nice, but there are other champs who can do that just as effectively.
    Firstly Ghost needs synergies to be the most effective as possible while quake doesn't and you clearly haven't used her if you think she gets crippled by champs like DS and hyperion like for hype after his first power gain is over you can place a concussion preventing him from gaining any more power and for champs like DS just play regular quake and right before they get a sp1 just bait it then repeat and the only other champ that gets through limbo and aura of incineration as effectively is probably Ghulk everyone else isn't as efficient.And yes you can play quake style on champs like imiw just play inverted instead of holding heavy first dex his repulsor hit and heavy the next hit and it works as efficiently Or even if not that you can parry them and while they are stunned hold heavy and release before stunning runs out. Also her sp2 hits like a truck (Without any synergies). Also in the void argue for the debuffs her concussion is pretty much always up anyways if you actually play her right
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Lastly the only reason she can tank bane and sp3s is cause of a synergy which is not a fair comparison as quake doesn't need any synergies
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 307 ★★
    Zuro said:

    Lastly the only reason she can tank bane and sp3s is cause of a synergy which is not a fair comparison as quake doesn't need any synergies

    The synergies exist. They're OP. That's an absurd argument. She needs synergies, but she's so powerful with them that it's not a disadvantage. Also if you're dexing the first hit then you're barely holding heavies at all, meaning she's severely gimped. Besides, tons of endgame nodes like Icarus can be handled way better by Ghost. How many people do you see taking basically all of Act 6 with Quake? Not many people. How many use Ghost? Pretty much everyone who has her.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 307 ★★
    And when it comes to Limbo and the Aura of Incineration, there's Ghulk, Blade, Namor, anyone incinerate immune, and especially Omega Red, another champ who is better than Quake in general.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Firstly my point is you are comparing someone with a full synergy team to one champ which is unfair to begin with and just because ghost is more used in act 6, Quake is still usable and she does amazing in there too (Maybe not as fast but still effective) and if you're gonna make that act 6 arguement which isn't the best one Quake is amazing for Variant 2 while Ghost isn't at all. And with the arguement I just made you are probably attempting to counter saying quake is bad for variant 3 but here is the thing she isn't as quake does splendid in Variant 3 as well just not as fast. And for the imiw arguement you are still holding heavy it just that instead of doing heavy+dex you reverse it and do dex then heavy so you can still dodge all replies or hits. And in war I see way more ghost counters like ebony maw and sinister than I do see quake counters (just my opinion) and about that aura of incineration arguement not only does she stop it from happening she also prevents Memphis to from healing with his souls 100 percent of the time and although Namor is good with his sig when he stops attacking he still takes damage while with quake you don't take any damage to begin with
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 611 ★★★
    From my observation, Human Torch was way too overhyped when he was introduced. Turns out that he is sucks against any champ besides mystic champs.
    By sucks, I mean his mechanic is sucks.
    Without his pre-fight ability, it's hard to get into his Nova Form that deals a lot more damage.
    Even when you successfully enter Nova Form, it last only for a short time.
    Enough time for the opponent become passive and holds block.
    When you wanna break their block with a heavy attack, they will retaliate immediately.
    Now you get hit and losing the useful Nova Form.

    Who the in the right mind, designed him and said "Oh, he looks ok" ?

    More like a Wet Torch.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 1,547 ★★★★

    From my observation, Human Torch was way too overhyped when he was introduced. Turns out that he is sucks against any champ besides mystic champs.
    By sucks, I mean his mechanic is sucks.
    Without his pre-fight ability, it's hard to get into his Nova Form that deals a lot more damage.
    Even when you successfully enter Nova Form, it last only for a short time.
    Enough time for the opponent become passive and holds block.
    When you wanna break their block with a heavy attack, they will retaliate immediately.
    Now you get hit and losing the useful Nova Form.

    Who the in the right mind, designed him and said "Oh, he looks ok" ?

    More like a Wet Torch.

    He ain't overhyped anymore the only persons who hypes him now is lagacy
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 307 ★★
    Zuro said:

    Firstly my point is you are comparing someone with a full synergy team to one champ which is unfair to begin with and just because ghost is more used in act 6, Quake is still usable and she does amazing in there too (Maybe not as fast but still effective) and if you're gonna make that act 6 arguement which isn't the best one Quake is amazing for Variant 2 while Ghost isn't at all. And with the arguement I just made you are probably attempting to counter saying quake is bad for variant 3 but here is the thing she isn't as quake does splendid in Variant 3 as well just not as fast. And for the imiw arguement you are still holding heavy it just that instead of doing heavy+dex you reverse it and do dex then heavy so you can still dodge all replies or hits. And in war I see way more ghost counters like ebony maw and sinister than I do see quake counters (just my opinion) and about that aura of incineration arguement not only does she stop it from happening she also prevents Memphis to from healing with his souls 100 percent of the time and although Namor is good with his sig when he stops attacking he still takes damage while with quake you don't take any damage to begin with

    Comparing full synergy teams is fair. It's just another point for Ghost that she comes with better synergies. My point about heavies with IMIW still stands. You're not charging heavies long enough to get your serious damage in. Healblock on Mephisto is nice, and she's a better Mephisto counter, but Mephisto isn't exactly a top tier defender.
  • This has been a good read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, folks!
  • BendyBendy Posts: 651 ★★
    Corvus blade and stark are so overrated in the game over hyped I think by far was when the black order first appeared in the game as people thought they be as strong as they are in the actual movies which in game made them so overhyped till found out some are just mediocre or overrated I find blade overrated as just being able to egen he has under 30k hp and his daage without his synergy sucks fights are too long and without deep wounds his bleeds are too short rather play gwenpool Hawkeye or even km stark as well to me he has no immunity but cant take any hit in any end game content so if he dont evade hes dead and most times he likes to not evade prefer to use spider gwen over any evade champs just because u can prevent hers from evading
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 527 ★★
    all the SO Called "god tier" are overhyped and overrated.
Sign In or Register to comment.