**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overhyped/Overrated??

13»

Comments

• Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    IDoge said:

Angela, Blade, Ghost Rider, Star Lord, Emma Frost, Hawkeye, Killmonger, Corvus, and Hood. Angela has no utility and her damage is okay. Blade heavily relies on synergies and certain matchups. GR damage output is lacking. Star Lord has zero utility. Emma Frost relies on crits and opponent power level way too much. Hawkeye's damage output is outdated and power control is niche. Killmonger's damage output is gimmicky and relies on sp3 bleed. Corvus for the first two fights on average is weak and on top of that he needs to fight low health pools to be used to his fullest. Hood's damage is not worth the effort. Much better mystic options for nullify.

But KM has other uses than his bleed. Maybe you rely on his special 3 bleed. But how can you forget his tankish build. Indestructible on sp2, true strike. I don’t know, I feel I can speak for a lot of ppl in the com who uses KM that they don’t rely on his bleed
  • ToxicBladeToxicBlade Posts: 62
    Lvernon15 said:

Blade is sooooo overrated

If anything, he is pretty underrated as I don't really see endgame players using him anymore
  • ToxicBladeToxicBlade Posts: 62
    Ghost Rider is very overrated in my opinion, I think he is not far above average
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

Firstly my point is you are comparing someone with a full synergy team to one champ which is unfair to begin with and just because ghost is more used in act 6, Quake is still usable and she does amazing in there too (Maybe not as fast but still effective) and if you're gonna make that act 6 arguement which isn't the best one Quake is amazing for Variant 2 while Ghost isn't at all. And with the arguement I just made you are probably attempting to counter saying quake is bad for variant 3 but here is the thing she isn't as quake does splendid in Variant 3 as well just not as fast. And for the imiw arguement you are still holding heavy it just that instead of doing heavy+dex you reverse it and do dex then heavy so you can still dodge all replies or hits. And in war I see way more ghost counters like ebony maw and sinister than I do see quake counters (just my opinion) and about that aura of incineration arguement not only does she stop it from happening she also prevents Memphis to from healing with his souls 100 percent of the time and although Namor is good with his sig when he stops attacking he still takes damage while with quake you don't take any damage to begin with

Comparing full synergy teams is fair. It's just another point for Ghost that she comes with better synergies. My point about heavies with IMIW still stands. You're not charging heavies long enough to get your serious damage in. Healblock on Mephisto is nice, and she's a better Mephisto counter, but Mephisto isn't exactly a top tier defender.
    That still not a fair comparison because back when quake came out their weren't any unique synergies in the game so saying ghost is has better synergies is just unfair. And for ImIw I don't think you understand what I mean because you still get your major damage in. Lastly I never said Mephisto is a top tier defender but he is very common in war and quake is a better counter. Also quake can do variant 2 with ease
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    IDoge said:

Angela, Blade, Ghost Rider, Star Lord, Emma Frost, Hawkeye, Killmonger, Corvus, and Hood. Angela has no utility and her damage is okay. Blade heavily relies on synergies and certain matchups. GR damage output is lacking. Star Lord has zero utility. Emma Frost relies on crits and opponent power level way too much. Hawkeye's damage output is outdated and power control is niche. Killmonger's damage output is gimmicky and relies on sp3 bleed. Corvus for the first two fights on average is weak and on top of that he needs to fight low health pools to be used to his fullest. Hood's damage is not worth the effort. Much better mystic options for nullify.

I disagree with Emma frost and Corvus. Emma Frost has very high crit rating with 10 prowess, so you don't really have to be lucky. She has taunt so you can almost control when you want the opponent to launch a special.
    Of course Corvus' first two fights are weak, he's meant to be a ramp up champ, I don't really see your point here. Yeah he works well with low health pools, he's not Aegon or Star Lord. He is amazing at questing, that's why hes viewed as god tier to so many. But you're entitled to your own opinion, and if you don't like them I can't force them apon you. Its the people who barely know how to play a champ, and say that they're "bad" that really annoy me
  • VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★

Corvus Glaive I just don’t find him fun I’ve been using him tryna figure out why people like him and I can’t.

Maybe because you're using him against the wrong enemies.. he was very useful against most champs like Warlock or Mysterio for the EQS and it's always just the first fight that's hard. After atleast 1 persistent charge the fights become easier and easier
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Vatris said:

Corvus Glaive I just don’t find him fun I’ve been using him tryna figure out why people like him and I can’t.

Maybe because you're using him against the wrong enemies.. he was very useful against most champs like Warlock or Mysterio for the EQS and it's always just the first fight that's hard. After atleast 1 persistent charge the fights become easier and easier
    Yeah, I can’t stress this enough. People are entitled to their own opinion but saying Corvus isn’t that good is silly. Yes, he is a ramp up champ and I feel the people here aren’t using him against the right enemies or something. Corvus has helped me a ton against getting through certain content

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Vatris said:

i know exactly who to use him against, it doesn't matter to me if the fight becomes easier he's just not fun to me, his play style is so generic.
    Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

Firstly my point is you are comparing someone with a full synergy team to one champ which is unfair to begin with and just because ghost is more used in act 6, Quake is still usable and she does amazing in there too (Maybe not as fast but still effective) and if you're gonna make that act 6 arguement which isn't the best one Quake is amazing for Variant 2 while Ghost isn't at all. And with the arguement I just made you are probably attempting to counter saying quake is bad for variant 3 but here is the thing she isn't as quake does splendid in Variant 3 as well just not as fast. And for the imiw arguement you are still holding heavy it just that instead of doing heavy+dex you reverse it and do dex then heavy so you can still dodge all replies or hits. And in war I see way more ghost counters like ebony maw and sinister than I do see quake counters (just my opinion) and about that aura of incineration arguement not only does she stop it from happening she also prevents Memphis to from healing with his souls 100 percent of the time and although Namor is good with his sig when he stops attacking he still takes damage while with quake you don't take any damage to begin with

Comparing full synergy teams is fair. It's just another point for Ghost that she comes with better synergies. My point about heavies with IMIW still stands. You're not charging heavies long enough to get your serious damage in. Healblock on Mephisto is nice, and she's a better Mephisto counter, but Mephisto isn't exactly a top tier defender.
    That still not a fair comparison because back when quake came out their weren't any unique synergies in the game so saying ghost is has better synergies is just unfair. And for ImIw I don't think you understand what I mean because you still get your major damage in. Lastly I never said Mephisto is a top tier defender but he is very common in war and quake is a better counter. Also quake can do variant 2 with ease
    Safe to say I think my point was made
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

So? They exist NOW. Ghost is currently better for the vast majority of content.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Ok, u two both like Quake and/or Ghost over the other. Can we please try staying on topic so the thread doesnt get shut down. I dont think either of u are going to change your opinions which is fine. Ppl like different champs for different reasons. Thats part why we all enjoy the game.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I think 4* Wolverine is overhyped. When i first started playing which was about 2 years ago i kept hearing how great Wolvie and his regen was. Everyone said he couldnt be a 5* cuz he would be too OP. After getting him i immediately used a gem and maxed him out. Dont get me wrong he does have nice regen but his damage and regen dont compare to some of the newer champs. The hype around him made me expect some phenomenal champ and i felt let down by him. Just my opinion. I would still love a 5 and 6* version added soon. This month would have been the perfect time to add him to the game.
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Funny how many in this thread mention one or more champions, but then disagree with someone else saying that they just need to use the champions better. I honestly do not think there are any overrated champions right now, and that is to kabam's credit. They've come up with strong champions that cover certain areas but not all. Blade used to be above the rest when he came out, except for spidy, but since then many champions have come out that sit at the top with them. I think that blade was over rated back then in that kabam tried too hard to "nerf" him by labeling villains as mercenaries and not putting villain defenders in special quests and as bosses in monthly quests. I don't think he was THAT strong to need such an effort, and it seems like they realized that they just needed to even the playing field instead. Blade is not overrated, he is a strong and very important champion. Funny that when I pulled him I was a bit disappointed, but I ended up realizing that I needed to get to know him better. Same with void, I r5d him and awakened him cause everyone else said he was amazing etc, and then after using him I started to understand him and appreciate what he does. I think the hype for characters now a days is correct, I don't think any of them gets more credit than they deserve once they are understood by the community. That means that new champions are the only ones that get overhyped every now and then at the beginning, until they are understood and find their place in the contest.
    I do believe some champions are underrated, like quake was up until a couple of months ago. That doesn't mean we are overlooking some top tier champs, we are just not seeing that some of them are as useless as we thought.
    Scratch everything I just said, groot is overrated, he deserves a class of his own at the bottom of the tiers lol.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    This whole post is just one big disagree button.

But since I’m here...Dr. Voodoo. Or as I affectionately call him, Dr. BooBoo.

Yes yes I know. Poison. I know...buffs. I hear ya...regen. Awaken. Yup I got it.

Dr.
    Boo
    Boo.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It seems like people who don't understand how or have the skill to properly play a champ will think they're overrated.
    JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

JohnHS said:

Zuro said:

So? They exist NOW. Ghost is currently better for the vast majority of content.
    My point is how is that fair comparison no such ghost has better synergies because she came out when unique synergies were a thing but when quake came out they weren't even in the game yet so obviously ghost would have better synergies.
    I'm done replying about this topic because I'm done arguing