**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

power gain difference between 6* and 5*

I want to know if 5* gain more power that a 6* champ because i have i have corvus as 5 and 6 star and i always noticed that the power gain from hitting enemy is different . I tried this with sentry and the power gain is the same for the 5/6 *.
Here 2 photos i took a long time ago to compare both .

Comments

• BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    To be honest i thing it has something to do with Cap IW's Glancing mechanic.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    It could also be to do with how many hits you've received or blocked as they also give you power.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Hits give different amounts L give the least M give more, H gives the most. Specials don’t give you any unless specified

Say what?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Hits give different amounts L give the least M give more, H gives the most. Specials don’t give you any unless specified

Say what?
    Champs like Vision and Magik gain power with specials.
  • D4rks1d3D4rks1d3 Posts: 4
    I have gone back and forth with kabam about this before. They said the reason is because of the champions rank. The higher the rank the more power they gain from landing hits. An r1 6* will gain less power than an r2 6* and because 5*s go to rank 4 & 5 they will gain more power than an r2 6*
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Yooooo, saw this and didn't think much of it, then I watched Lagacy in Act6.3 get to a SP2 with his 5* Corvus with 12 charges left(not getting hit once, using MLM combos). Pretty sure that is impossible with a 6* Corvus. I'm usually down to 4-6 charges left when I get to SP2 doing MLM combos.

Please give some clarification on this issue. And move it to the bug section, because this makes no sense.
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    My 6 star drax 100% gains less power, where lets say 3 five hit combos will get me to a bar of power with my 5 star, it will take 3 combos and then 2--3 hits to get there with my 6 star, so a few extra hits, thought i was going crazy at first but then did some tests and thats what the result was, cant test it with my other 6 stars bc i dont have their 5 star counterparts, could compare to 4 star version i suppose.... Any official statements on this topic anywhere?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    My 6* Nighthawk requires like 50+ hits to get to SP3
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Spurgeo14 said:

Who's a Nighthawk?
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Maybe you have the mastery where you gain more power when the enemy is stunned and you hit him more with the 5 star when he was stunned
  • @TheSupreme , your 1st Pic with 5* Corvus showing more than 2 bar power at 20 Hits...
    I have a fully ranked 5* r5 Corvus, and 10 hits always leaves me slightly short of 1 bar (Parry, MLLLM, Parry, MLLLM). So I imagine that at 20 hits I would still be short of 2 bars (unlike your pic).
    Assuming you didn’t have PowerGain synergies with others on team (aka Elektra, DD, Widow), not sure how many total blocks you said you took in each case
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Spurgeo14 said:

Who's a Nighthawk?
    😂 My bad, Darkhawk. I was distracted when I wrote that.

• QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    Do they gain power at different rates compared to their rough equivalent ranks at different star ratings? I.e. does a 6* R2 Corvus gain about the same power per hit (or maybe ever so slightly more ) than a 5/65 Corvus? Or is it a pure question of the number of ranks within that star rating?
  • Or wonder whether getting hit (or if blocking or parried) by a critical hit would let you gain higher power than in similar situation (hit vs block vs parry) by a non-crit hit. aka, is it based on actually how much damage is done to you ?
    @TheSupreme

Thanks! I think that's pretty good information to know! That really works against 6 stars. I appear to one of the few people that don't really rate Corvus all that much (I don't like to run suicides so that doesn't help) and this may partly be why. It certainly works against him compared to his 5* because he's much harder to dupe as a 6 star and not gaining as much power means he hits like a wet noodle for longer AND doesn't get to land as many specials before the charges run out. I know that's blasphemy to many ears but getting a another special in would make a big difference. Would be nice to hear an official comment on this from the team because I don't think many are aware of this power gain situation and it I'm sure people would like to know this when it comes to informed decisions ranking their champs. Ranking a 6 star to R2 is a big investment and if they still gained less power than their 5 star approximate strength counterparts then I'd think twice ranking a 6 star over the 5 star.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I've been playing since shortly after the game launched and have never heard that champs at different ranks gain power differently. I'd love to hear some clarification from Kabam. That's some very important information actually. Thanks to OP for the thread.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    So my R2 ghost really needs a long time to get to SP2
    Can we have a comment from a mod on this please? I feel this is useful information if true and I'm sure many players would appreciate the knowledge when making rank up decisions. Thank you.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Kabam, this is a serious issue. Transparency would be amazing. A comment on this would be appreciated. Is this intentional? Not intentional?

I know we are supposed to magically know the game team’s thought process on all matters not in writing these days, but come on, this is a little ridiculous. You guys are becoming worse than my wife.