**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Special Buttons to close to eachother [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Should be Merged with the other 3 threads about this issue....
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I use an Ipad Pro and the ui is also moved. U cant really swipe from the middle on a tablet of you are holding it. It feels completely unnatural.
  • Sorry for the delay on this, folks. Once I have information, I'll get back to you.
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited August 2019
    This isn't only on iphone, it happens to android users too :(
  • King_GarfKing_Garf Posts: 48

Can you tell us what iPhone device you're playing on and what OS version? Just wanna double check with the rest of the team on this!

I use an iPhone XR and run iOS 12.4. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps as told by me from a ticket I sent to kabam support but it did nothing to fix the issue.

• CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    iPhone 8 on newest update and yeah I thought I was just clumsy, but I’ve thrown specials when trying to dodge back too
  • pedroteixeira07pedroteixeira07 Posts: 213
    edited August 2019
    Please please revert this ASAP!!! I have an iPhone XS. In this new design I keep missing the special while fighting because I tao on the wrong empty area now created in the left bottom corner.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★

Hey gang,

So I was able to confirm that this was a change we had intentionally made, but after reading through everyone's comments our teams have decide to roll it back to what it was previously. This change won't be happening immediately, but within the next update we hope to have it returned back to what it was for y'all.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply, much appreciated. You guys are doing a great job.
  • Hey gang,

So I was able to confirm that this was a change we had intentionally made, but after reading through everyone's comments our teams have decide to roll it back to what it was previously. This change won't be happening immediately, but within the next update we hope to have it returned back to what it was for y'all.

*switches to iPhone
    *misses specials constantly bc button is too close to edge of screen
    *tries to adapt, 50/50 on successful specials
    *update comes out, performance surges bc no more missed specials causing me to get bashed in face
    *sees it will be changing back
    *cries

Why not let us have a setting to select the placement?
    @Kabam Vydious
  • BTW, I know I'm probably in the minority for loving the new position... So I'm not arguing against changing it back really.

But it is 100000% better for me this way. I'm going to hate having to readjust again. I'm sure others will have some similar issues after a month of it being where it is now. Choice would be great
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

BTW, I know I'm probably in the minority for loving the new position... So I'm not arguing against changing it back really.

But it is 100000% better for me this way. I'm going to hate having to readjust again. I'm sure others will have some similar issues after a month of it being where it is now. Choice would be great

Agreed with this.

But...what’s the reason for the change in the first place?

And why no notice of the change?

Dr. Zola
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited August 2019
    Kabam was probably just trying to make different devices (with different screen dimensions/sizing/resolution) a little more consistent. Although this change evidently affected some devices poorly, from a useability standpoint.

I can see how it is a nightmare for developers to have to develop software that will run on all widescreen (moreso with Android or phones) vs more “square-ish” size like more Apple iPads tend to be. And then take into account it's not just 2 specific different screen res/dimensions, but various in between ones, as well as higher overall resolution (on higher end devices) even within the same looking footprint as those that have lower overall screen res, etc, etc.

And how they accomplish that... Do they just “scale” everything from one base layout into whatever device Res you have. Or are items and fight scenes fixed to a Horizon/Vert Scale so that anything extra actually displays MORE to the left/right than what those on squarish iPad can see.

You can see screenshots of widescreen devices showing an extra columns worth of items/heroes/etc vs a squarish iPad. As well as in fight scenes the wide screens positioning of SP/Health buttons, etc, fits to what they would be on an iPad, but then an Extra amount of otherwise unseen background is displayed further to the left/right on those widescreen devices. Don’t know if widescreen can actually retreat their hero further away from opponent in that case than what people on iPad can (that in itself could pose different advantages or disadvantages on one type of device vs another (??)

For a long time after (was it iPhone X ??) came out, it seemed that device was having display problems in those earlier game versions after that device came out. Might have been other things with other devices they were trying to “fix” with this last change too (???)
  • Is there an ETA when this will be fixed? impossible to play, almost not a single fight without hitting accidentally the Sp Button..
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Normally I'm not a huge fan of compensation as a massive rallying cry, but it's needed here. You made an INTENTIONAL change to the game WITHOUT notifying the players that fundamentally changes how many of us have played the game for years. I had been throwing false specials and losing important champs as a result in both AQ/AW and Variant, yet you did nothing to notify people in game or in the release notes in iTunes/Google Play and we have to come to the forms for answers? I'm sure the hundreds of units lost to AQ/AW revives/potions and quest potions are just a loss now and that's really not cool at all.
  • Honestly @SummonerNR did a rather good job of explaining what happened with this. We did some adjusting to try and fix some scaling with devices that have been coming out with different resolution/scaling. It can be hard to work around this and try to adjust things for everyone without super derailing everything. We apologize for not making complete notice of it. That was a fault on our end.

As I've said though, we plan to have a change to revert it back in a next update. We can discuss possible options though as some of you do seem to like the change.
  • Would love the option to keep it where it is.

Obv a lot of people don't like it now, but it's saved me a ton of the frustrations i was having over the last few weeks. Just let us have a choice of where it goes?
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Doing this without telling us, literally changing a major aspect of the experience, kind of runs counter to the "transparency" deal after 12.0. I've lost so many units on revives as a result of this (happened just now with Sentinel vs Variant Kang throwing an SP1 while trying to block, keeping me from getting the SP2 needed to keep him from Regen).

If anything deserves compensation it's this, but alas none will come because Kabam
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    chunkyb said:

*switches to iPhone
    *misses specials constantly bc button is too close to edge of screen
    *tries to adapt, 50/50 on successful specials
    *update comes out, performance surges bc no more missed specials causing me to get bashed in face
    *sees it will be changing back
    *cries

Why not let us have a setting to select the placement?
    @Kabam Vydious

Well, with this new change, I am missing specials all the time now, so, I rather have it back to how it was. This is most likely device dependent, so they really do need options on where to move it to, and also a toggle to turn off the backgrounds with the useless animation that can slow down the game.

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    I actually really enjoy where it is now. It makes sense when transitioning between devices. It’s also much easier to hit the special button where it is now. I was so happy when I saw this was updated. Please don’t go back.
  • SvejkSvejk Posts: 8
    It’s been a pain accidentally hitting the special button hope it gets fixed as soon as possible.
  • Included in the KNOWN ISSUES Thread, will be changed in the next update (probably Sept, as opposed to that slow-to-roll-out 24.1.5 platform update ?)