**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sony/MCU/Spidey

Comments

• Options
    PrathapPrathap Posts: 582 ★★★

Buttehrs said:

You guys are missing the big picture. There's a reason this game started making its own characters. Yeah, Symbiote Supreme is cool but I invested a lot of time in Stark Spidey and it appears that his name, likeness, abilities, and lol complete legal existance in all our rosters is subject to change here pretty soon depending on who owns the conglomerate that owns Kabam.

That dont matter. Kabam can still use any character that appears in comic books or movies. Hes ready appeared in a movie. They have every right even if he reverts back to Sony after hes ready been put in game.
    I hope you're right. But some characters are just rented, never sold in comics, movies, merchandise, and games. Even here.
    Sony has only video rights of Spidey so no change in the game at all... I guess
  • Options
    Username6435Username6435 Posts: 26
    Prathap said:

Buttehrs said:

You guys are missing the big picture. There's a reason this game started making its own characters. Yeah, Symbiote Supreme is cool but I invested a lot of time in Stark Spidey and it appears that his name, likeness, abilities, and lol complete legal existance in all our rosters is subject to change here pretty soon depending on who owns the conglomerate that owns Kabam.

That dont matter. Kabam can still use any character that appears in comic books or movies. Hes ready appeared in a movie. They have every right even if he reverts back to Sony after hes ready been put in game.
    I hope you're right. But some characters are just rented, never sold in comics, movies, merchandise, and games. Even here.
    Sony has only video rights of Spidey so no change in the game at all... I guess
    Fingers crossed
  • Options
    Username6435Username6435 Posts: 26
    Why bother negotiating when someone wants 50% of all profits for owning 5% of the total characters associated with the entire franchise?
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Why bother negotiating when someone wants 50% of all profits for owning 5% of the total characters associated with the entire franchise?

because humans are greedy little [insert a word you deem appropriate here]
  • Options
    Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I mean can you blame Disney/Marvel for wanting more? They did like all the work and Sony got like 95% of the profits. It sounds like Sony didn't even bother with a counter offer.

Hopefully they can work something out because I don't want another reboot. Unless they bring back Tobey Maguire and have him be like the dumpy Spiderman in Into the Spiderverse
  • Options
    KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
    Woody15 said:

I mean can you blame Disney/Marvel for wanting more? They did like all the work and Sony got like 95% of the profits. It sounds like Sony didn't even bother with a counter offer.

Hopefully they can work something out because I don't want another reboot. Unless they bring back Tobey Maguire and have him be like the dumpy Spiderman in Into the Spiderverse

From what i've seen in the deal Sony was paying for everything for the solo movies and Disney besides the 5% of the money the movie made in the first week i think, also got all of the merchandise profit which is a lot. And Sony wasn't getting paid for the movies that featured Spiderman like civil war, just the solo ones. So i can see why Sony wouldn't want to up the 5% to 50%. For example the worst spiderman movie made by Sony got 700 mil, if they had the deal sugested by Disney for FFH they would have got 550 mil, i hope that helps you to see why from Sony's perspective that deal isn't a good one. But i also hope they can work things out beacuse i really want to see the next mcu spiderman movie after the ending of FFH.
  • Options

Woody15 said:

I would love that, but not at the price of Spidey just "disappearing" in the MCU.
    Completely agree. I really like Tom Holland as Spiderman. But if they can't make it work it would be pretty awesome to have the reboot start with "alright you've heard this before, but let's do it one more time.."
  • Options

Woody15 said:

From what i've seen in the deal Sony was paying for everything for the solo movies and Disney besides the 5% of the money the movie made in the first week i think, also got all of the merchandise profit which is a lot. And Sony wasn't getting paid for the movies that featured Spiderman like civil war, just the solo ones. So i can see why Sony wouldn't want to up the 5% to 50%. For example the worst spiderman movie made by Sony got 700 mil, if they had the deal sugested by Disney for FFH they would have got 550 mil, i hope that helps you to see why from Sony's perspective that deal isn't a good one. But i also hope they can work things out beacuse i really want to see the next mcu spiderman movie after the ending of FFH.
    Didn't realize that it was Sony's money. I just figured since Disney/Marvel had all the input on it, it would have been their money. Well I can see why Sony doesn't want to split the profits AND not make any merchandise money
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Disney always get what they want, they basically just give Sony their top grossing film every.

I am pretty sure it will be worked out.

Sony got all Movie profits, Marvel got all merchandise and toy profits, which a lot of the time can be more than the movie.

I wouldn’t worry, it won’t happen, they will sit down again for sure.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0pXFUV2JY

This guy knows what he is on about it anyone is interested in comic news etc.
  • Options
    I just feel spider-man is a cursed project at this point like the F4
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

because humans are greedy little [insert a word you deem appropriate here]

My word of choice there, is "Hulkbuster" .. ;)
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Maybe 50/50 was asking for a bit much but tbh Sony has proven they have no idea what they're doing with Spidey sans the first two Tobey movies. Realistically they don't have a Kevin Feige (however you spell his name) type person that actually gets comics and without the liberty to jump into MCU storylines they'll have to make interesting ones of their own which I have little faith they can actually pull off.

Huge Spidey fan so I hope I'm wrong and obviously I will see whatever Spidey movies come out but it would be great if we could go a few more years with great spidey films.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Nobody stops to think what the fans want... It's always all about the money. Sony is going to run the spider-man franchise into the ground AGAIN!
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    To expect Sony to go from 95/5 to 50/50 was kinda ridiculous though
    Will miss spidy in the mcu though
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Why are people acting like negotiations are completely over? They'll come to an agreement.
  • Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Spider-Man 1: Homecoming
    Spider-Man 2: Far From Home
    Spider-Man 3: Homeless
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Screw Disney for being soo greedy, they already have 100% of revenue from merch which is extremely valuable
  • Options
    StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    The deal in place was that Sony get 95% and Disney get 5% of the box office revenue, but Disney get all the cash from toy sales and merchandise sales. This is a good deal to me, why would Disney get greedy????.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Stingerbk said:

The deal in place was that Sony get 95% and Disney get 5% of the box office revenue, but Disney get all the cash from toy sales and merchandise sales. This is a good deal to me, why would Disney get greedy????.

That's Disney's wheelhouse.