**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

To all the Symbiote Supreme users out there

WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
I just pulled this guy as a 4* and as my other options for mystics are Magik and Mordo, I decided to try and use him. Any tips? How do you play him?

Comments

• I would suggest looking up some YouTube videos to see ability combos. He is a lot of fun and if done right, hits like a tank. But is soft when hit
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    I'd go with magik, he's more of a niche champ
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Thanks @Human_Iceberg2! Is he worthy of a Generic AG?
    @GinjabredMonsta I might do just that, thanks!
    @Aleor I don’t care for Magik. Maybe I never got the hang of her, but I just don’t see why she’s that good.
  • @Aleor I don’t care for Magik. Maybe I never got the hang of her, but I just don’t see why she’s that good.

Magik does damage....especially when against her in war...I still have nightmares

@Aleor I don’t care for Magik. Maybe I never got the hang of her, but I just don’t see why she’s that good.

She's the best power control champ, get to sp2, use sp2 when opponent has almost a bar of power and spam sp with power still. Also very suicide friendly. Sp3 does damage and nullifies all buffs. Ss has only passive very slow power gain, so no many sps. Basically if your opponent doesn't have a lot of buffs the fight will take a lot of time

@Aleor I think he’s just as good as magik. He has much more utility and damage. Can also rank special 3 in armor phase

Magik is now universal champ, overall ss nullifies more, but Magik has amazing power control and limbo.
    Also ss is bugged for very long time now
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I just pulled this guy as a 4* and as my other options for mystics are Magik and Mordo, I decided to try and use him. Any tips? How do you play him?

I find Sym Supreme to be a mixed bag of tricks, with a learning curve kind of like Ghost Rider but more situational.

Let's say you're fighting something with a lot of buffs. In general the goal is probably to try to get to SP3 as quickly as possible, because when you use your SP3 you get the benefit of all of your "phase" buffs simultaneously: in particular you'll be nullifying and slamming bleeds constantly which will tend to melt non-immune champs. But if you're fighting something that doesn't have buffs, you won't likely get enough power to make this work in most fights. Here you need to be more tactical. If you don't really need the weakness buffs I find I try to use SP1 when in the "armor" phase to immediately kick me into the next phase where I can start landing bleeds. On the other hand, if you're worried about the target getting to SP3, then landing those phase two weakness debuffs with SP2 will actually make you basically impervious to SP3 damage because it reduces damage to ridiculously low levels.

SS is probably the hardest champ to articulate how to play, because he has all these different situational effects that are useful in different fights in different ways, and not only do you have to think about which effects you want most, but also will you have the right amount of power to do them in the right sequence. It basically takes practice.

Of course, there are obvious tactics in obvious match ups. If you're fighting Medusa or Hyperion, for example, you want to get in immediately and start attacking, because in your first phase you're trying to land as much stagger as possible to take their buffs away and give you power. If you're fighting something with no buffs to nullify maybe you want to slow play, because you get passive power (very slowly, but still) and attacking fast just gives them power faster than you get. But there are other more complicated ways to use his abilities tactically in different fights.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I find Sym Supreme to be a mixed bag of tricks, with a learning curve kind of like Ghost Rider but more situational.

Let's say you're fighting something with a lot of buffs. In general the goal is probably to try to get to SP3 as quickly as possible, because when you use your SP3 you get the benefit of all of your "phase" buffs simultaneously: in particular you'll be nullifying and slamming bleeds constantly which will tend to melt non-immune champs. But if you're fighting something that doesn't have buffs, you won't likely get enough power to make this work in most fights. Here you need to be more tactical. If you don't really need the weakness buffs I find I try to use SP1 when in the "armor" phase to immediately kick me into the next phase where I can start landing bleeds. On the other hand, if you're worried about the target getting to SP3, then landing those phase two weakness debuffs with SP2 will actually make you basically impervious to SP3 damage because it reduces damage to ridiculously low levels.

SS is probably the hardest champ to articulate how to play, because he has all these different situational effects that are useful in different fights in different ways, and not only do you have to think about which effects you want most, but also will you have the right amount of power to do them in the right sequence. It basically takes practice.

Of course, there are obvious tactics in obvious match ups. If you're fighting Medusa or Hyperion, for example, you want to get in immediately and start attacking, because in your first phase you're trying to land as much stagger as possible to take their buffs away and give you power. If you're fighting something with no buffs to nullify maybe you want to slow play, because you get passive power (very slowly, but still) and attacking fast just gives them power faster than you get. But there are other more complicated ways to use his abilities tactically in different fights.
    What he said. He has more uses than against buffs, but you have to invest some time in him

I have him at 5/50 and he is an elite character in many ways
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★
    He doesn’t do “tons of damage” unless you can cycle specials with all 3 genetic blessings active and the only way to do that is by nullifying buffs and gaining power with points in md. It takes him 250+ hits to take down rol ws at r4 with 5/5 deep wounds that should give an idea of his damage output against champs with no recurring buffs. He’s not “great” for everything. If you’re using him for every fight good for you but the amount of time it takes you to activate all 3 blessings you might as well use anyone else unless he’s the only champ you have ranked up.
    And you only gain genetic potential from nullifying buffs. If there are no buffs to nullify he’s completely garbage for that fight since you most likely won’t reach a 100 genetic potential before sp3. If you’re the type to force some use out of him because you ranked him you can but don’t say he’s “great” for everything lol
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    edited August 2019

And you only gain genetic potential from nullifying buffs. If there are no buffs to nullify he’s completely garbage for that fight since you most likely won’t reach a 100 genetic potential before sp3. If you’re the type to force some use out of him because you ranked him you can but don’t say he’s “great” for everything lol

Not true, u gain 25 potential everytime a stagger expires, wether a buff was nullified or not. In phase 1 its 50% to place a stagger on all crits, and in phase 2 its 100% to stagger on parries, although im sure this is bugged bc i dont always get a stagger off a parry in this phase, more like 75% pisses me off. And a stagger every X secs based on sig. Point is its actually pretty easy to get to 100 potential by sp3. My 5/50 kills ws in 250 hits, thought a 4/55 would be more like 210-220

Not true, u gain 25 potential everytime a stagger expires, wether a buff was nullified or not. In phase 1 its 50% to place a stagger on all crits, and in phase 2 its 100% to stagger on parries, although im sure this is bugged bc i dont always get a stagger off a parry in this phase, more like 75% pisses me off. And a stagger every X secs based on sig. Point is its actually pretty easy to get to 100 potential by sp3. My 5/50 kills ws in 250 hits, thought a 4/55 would be more like 210-220
    You also lose that 25 genetic potential from staggers every time a blessing expires. A 4 55 sym supreme takes 220-250 kills depending on how lucky you get with reaching 100 genetic potential before each sp3. Regardless of the amount of hits, it takes sym supreme 5 whole minutes to take down ws as a 4 55. Believe it or not there are champs in the game that can end that fight in around a minute or less so I don’t get why he’s a “beast” lol. He’s great for some fights in act 6 and champion or Medusa boss in war and that’s about it. He has limited use throughout the game because only place he shines is against champs or nodes with recurring buffs. You forcing more use out of a champ you ranked doesn’t make the champ great at everything lol
    edited August 2019
    Outside of aw boss fights against Medusa or the champion Or in 6.2 against the champion boss how much “beast” gameplay have you guys seen from sym supreme? He’s extremely limited in 6.1 because of the global nodes and same for most of 6.2, not very useful in any of the variants besides maybe one or 2 fights, so where is he clearing content for y’all? Please post some vids of gameplay clearing a path or 2 in end game content maybe I’m missing something
    https://youtu.be/X9ZHbpwNV8o
    5 minutes 225 hits. There’s no way I can get an sp2 off with all 3 genetic blessings active because there aren’t any buffs to nullify so not enough power gain to cycle sp2 and get armor break for more damage. If you think he hits like a “tank” or he’s great for everything maybe you should look at some other champs in the game.
    edited August 2019

He doesn’t do “tons of damage” unless you can cycle specials with all 3 genetic blessings active and the only way to do that is by nullifying buffs and gaining power with points in md. It takes him 250+ hits to take down rol ws at r4 with 5/5 deep wounds that should give an idea of his damage output against champs with no recurring buffs. He’s not “great” for everything. If you’re using him for every fight good for you but the amount of time it takes you to activate all 3 blessings you might as well use anyone else unless he’s the only champ you have ranked up.

You are talking to people in here like they don't understand how to play, or that their only interest in this game is clearing endgame content every single second of every single day.

Some of us play the game for fun, to see how the character's build interacts with the game mechanics and other aspects of gameplay.

Killing Winter Soldier in ROL means nothing more than just that: killing WS in ROL. It's a benchmark for one aspect of gameplay, nothing more.

I literally said that the character is elite "in many ways." If you are the guy who dropped the Disagree on that statement, what is wrong with you? Do you think "in many ways" is equivalent to "in every way"?

You are literally in here arguing what people who play this game already know: 1. Every character can get kills; 2. Some characters are better at doing it quickly, 3. Some characters have various aspects of utility that make them more effective in certain scenarios.

Nearly every post in here prior to you going berserk acknowledged at least one of those things, if not more
    ESF said:

You are talking to people in here like they don't understand how to play, or that their only interest in this game is clearing endgame content every single second of every single day.

Some of us play the game for fun, to see how the character's build interacts with the game mechanics and other aspects of gameplay.

Killing Winter Soldier in ROL means nothing more than just that: killing WS in ROL. It's a benchmark for one aspect of gameplay, nothing more.

I literally said that the character is elite "in many ways." If you are the guy who dropped the Disagree on that statement, what is wrong with you? Do you think "in many ways" is equivalent to "in every way"?

You are literally in here arguing what people who play this game already know: 1. Every character can get kills; 2. Some characters are better at doing it quickly, 3. Some characters have various aspects of utility that make them more effective in certain scenarios.

Nearly every post in here prior to you going berserk acknowledged at least one of those things, if not more
    I never said killing ws in rol was an accomplishment. This post wasn’t about how great sym supreme is or how much fun he is to play either that’s just you lol the op was asking how to use the champ and that he has magik as another rank up option. every post after was how great Sym supreme is at everything and how he hits like a tank which he doesn’t. The ws fight was to put his damage output on display against champs with no recurring buffs because apparently sym supreme is clearing all the content and these guys that understand how the game works are using him for everything. How much do you think a 4* sym supreme is gonna help op with where he’s at in game right as far as progression goes compared to magik? And no I’m not the guy dropping “disagree” on your post lol. I just really wanna what “many ways” you think sym supreme is useful. I haven’t read a single post in here saying where besides the few places already mentioned that he’s actually a viable option compared to a lot of other champs.
    edited August 2019
    And the game is not much fun if you’re ranking champs that can’t clear content. Not just one or 2 fights. Your highest ranked champs should be able to do more than that. If they can’t you probably shouldn’t be telling everyone else how great those champs are or how they’re “elite in many ways”

ESF said:

I never said killing ws in rol was an accomplishment. This post wasn’t about how great sym supreme is or how much fun he is to play either that’s just you lol the op was asking how to use the champ and that he has magik as another rank up option. every post after was how great Sym supreme is at everything and how he hits like a tank which he doesn’t. The ws fight was to put his damage output on display against champs with no recurring buffs because apparently sym supreme is clearing all the content and these guys that understand how the game works are using him for everything. How much do you think a 4* sym supreme is gonna help op with where he’s at in game right as far as progression goes compared to magik? And no I’m not the guy dropping “disagree” on your post lol. I just really wanna what “many ways” you think sym supreme is useful. I haven’t read a single post in here saying where besides the few places already mentioned that he’s actually a viable option compared to a lot of other champs.
    Is that Magik duped? He doesn't say either way, and regardless, nobody in here said Magik was trash. The post I quoted and my post didn't mention Magik at all. The guy asked for tips how to play SS because he decided to play him. The post I quoted and agreed with WAS LITERALLY TIPS ON HOW TO PLAY HIM.

Again: You are going crazy in here making an argument nobody else did! It's just you, going berserk.

Then you want to ask me "well, how is SS useful," when I literally quoted a post and agreed with how he was useful. Should I retype that to make you happy or until your reading comprehension improves?
    And I haven't tested it -- and am not going to test it -- but does Magik kill Winter Soldier any quicker in ROL at the same rank/rarity?

I honestly don't know. But I can see that kill taking a long time, too, because she isn't nullifying anything either, no guarantees to proc Limbo

And the game is not much fun if you’re ranking champs that can’t clear content. Not just one or 2 fights. Your highest ranked champs should be able to do more than that. If they can’t you probably shouldn’t be telling everyone else how great those champs are or how they’re “elite in many ways”

This is a ridiculous statement. People play this game for all kinds or reasons -- collecting characters they like, collecting as many characters as they can

I know a guy who wanted every character as a four-star. He didn't rank up any of them. Just collected them. Did the Monthly event and some Arena for units, that's it

That was fun for him. Not everyone is out here dying to tap a phone screen to the tune of 3 million hit points -- some of us have wife/kids/careers and, again, play for other reasons than to say my Iron Man is better than your Iron Man
    ESF said:

And I haven't tested it -- and am not going to test it -- but does Magik kill Winter Soldier any quicker in ROL at the same rank/rarity?

I honestly don't know. But I can see that kill taking a long time, too, because she isn't nullifying anything either, no guarantees to proc Limbo

No one was talking to you you’re the one responding to me. My post was about ss doing tons of damage which had nothing to do with anything you said. Go on with your fun and elite in many ways 5 50 sym supreme lol
    edited August 2019

ESF said:

No one was talking to you you’re the one responding to me. My post was about ss doing tons of damage which had nothing to do with anything you said. Go on with your fun and elite in many ways 5 50 sym supreme lol
    LOL