**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

She-hulk

13»

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

Looks like a timing issue (or device issue, if user input is spot on). I’ve seen this a couple times.

Once testing out Lady Thor in LoL. Went for the heavy and she nailed me.

Once in war vs the thing. Went into a heavy and he smacked me.

Neither times was my device seem to be running slower then usual. But alas it looks to be a timing issues of inputs. But that being said, no where does it say her heavy can do what it is doing. It’s suppose to work like that if the defender is unstoppable yes. But I don’t believe the intent was for it to work as such on all champions.

Totally agree. Though I think we can all agree this unlisted ability is a large part of the reason that many in the community decided to invest in her and would now be quite disappointed as we find out this ability is no longer reliable due to what appears to be fight mechanic retuning whether intended or not.
    I don’t disagree with that at all. I do have she hulk at 5:65 for a few reasons. And this heavy combo is one of them.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Well, maybe we'll get some more input regarding this. It just seems like such a night and day difference for me that's it's hard to not draw the conclusion that's it's been effected by a recent update. I Have been continuing to test it and it's such a vast difference from my previous experience. It hardly ever failed to connect and if it did, it was clearly an input mistake usually. Now it seems like you just get lucky if her heavy connects. Gotta say, it doesn't feel good to have just invested 10 t2 alphas and 2 basics only to find out something has changed...for me and some others at least.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Timdwa said:

DrZola said:

I just used She-Hulk to complete 6.2.6. While user error accounted for my KOs, a non-functioning heavy never did. In fact, I never once missed a heavy ending a 3 or 4 hit combo—and I’m a new She-Hulk user at that.

Used iPhone XS with current iOS on WiFi.

Dr. Zola

Right, thanks for the feedback! My next question for anyone who does not experience the issue is: Have you ever experienced the "my block hits were interrupted by a special.." issue that folks have complained about? It's only a theory, but I have a suspicion these two could be related. Both seem to fall under the category of the AI recovery time from being hit by a light attack (whether blocking or not). Both these issues occur while attacking with a light. She hulk's partial combo into heavy being punished and also having a block hit string interrupted by a special are both happening while using light attacks.

Device/platform may in fact have a bearing on the issue. That's part of what I'm trying to figure out.
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8...I just thought I was getting a bit late with my hits on both counts, but I've been hitting into blocks with light using Sentinel to build up his charges, and every so often, and only this month, I've had the defender hit me with a special in the middle of it. I also took in She-Hulk against Uncollected Superior Iron Man, and I was never able to land her heavy. I was pretty sure most, if not all of it, was user error (just got her two weeks ago and still learning to play her), but now I'm wondering.

Also, from the comments I've read, those who are definitely not experiencing it seem to be using Apple products. That last comment is for the moderators, lol, if they ever weigh in on this.
    Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, the device I use is a Pixel 3XL, latest version of Android. I mentioned this earlier, but it's up there in the thread at this point. Just thought I'd throw it out again. It's actually a fairly new device and frankly it sucks if I/we are having a different experience from others. Hopefully more iOS users will weigh in.
    I don't want to sit here and cry or threaten to quit the game (no one really cares if I do:), but after playing since before 12.0, I'm finally giving it some serious thought. I make mistakes..everyday, don't get me wrong, but in the last couple months I'd have to say that around 75% of the time I lose health in a match it's from something that really shouldn't have occurred. Just lost health in a AQ fight because the AI immediately retaliated upon ending my combo leaving me no time to block or defend myself. This has been happening off and on for months now in addition to the other issues I experience...
    Combo ending medium simply doesn't register sometimes and the AI obviously capitalizes and lands an attack. Happens with 5 hit combos as well, but is more noticeable when fighting MM style. Using Omega on the thorns path in war for example. I have experienced the "AI attacked me mid combo/block hit string" thing. Among others.. but I'm rambling at this point. Anyone who has experienced these issues requires no description of them. All is to say that it's taking the fun out of it.
  • Options
    taonesstaoness Posts: 16
    One thing I've noticed that might be related, is the AI throwing out SP3's in my face, while I'm wailing on their block.

The scenario was, AI had some 2-3%, a breath away from L3, and I figured I'll just chip them away with block damage. I rush in with the intent of a full MLLLM against their block—after my second light attack, they trigger the SP3, and I'm dead.

I know these issues don't necessarily seem to be directly related, but perhaps there's something to the recovery of the AI; their capacity to fire back. I know shaking sticks at Kabam over recovery time on AI is almost guaranteed a losing battle but I definitely know I didn't see my described behavior in the last release of the app. I could see both of these issues being potentially related.

I run an iPhone 7; for those interested.
  • Options
    taonesstaoness Posts: 16
    I should add, I've also encountered the above problem. After the buff, I ranked up my 4★ She-Hulk to try her against the LOL Red-Hulk. I didn't get to spend any time with her before this last update came down, but following all the tips of the trade, I've been about 50-60% successful with landing her M, L, L > Heavy combo. When I'm not successful, Red-Hulk manages a light punch to intercept the Heavy.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★
    Ive noticed it too. Same 50-60% success others have mentioned. Using an iphone7. Like others, I chalked it up to user error. But I just can't consistently land it anymore. Not since this last update. So glad I never took her past r3.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input and including your device/platform! Tested her again today as I do most days. 50% success rate would be a generous estimation for me:)
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    100% success rate iPhone 8+

Appears to be device related
  • Options
    Rektor said:

Thanks! Do you experience any other of the current
    Rektor said:

Thanks for the input. Do you experience any of the other issues that have been complained about recently?

Backdraft intercept
    AI interrupting combo/block hits with special
    AI attacking after landed combo with no time to react
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Rektor said:

Thanks! Do you experience any other of the current
    Rektor said:

Thanks for the input. Do you experience any of the other issues that have been complained about recently?

Backdraft intercept
    AI interrupting combo/block hits with special
    AI attacking after landed combo with no time to react
    Yea. Backdraft intercept has been broken since around April’s update. AI charges in like usain bolt after you hit their block and dash back.

AI interrupting combo to throw special? Never

AI interrupting blocked hits to throw a special? Yes. Was testing nick fury in a duel against medusa since he is stun immune against autoblock. I triggered her autoblock when she had 1 bar of power. After she autoblocked me I kept attacking into her block and she threw her special 1 while I was hitting it.

Don’t think I’ve seen the last thing.
  • Options
    Trillionaire6Trillionaire6 Posts: 43
    I am on a pixel 2 and I have also not been able to chain her heavy in the combo without being intercepted anymore. It's extremely disappointing.
  • Options

I am on a pixel 2 and I have also not been able to chain her heavy in the combo without being intercepted anymore. It's extremely disappointing.

Ok, yeah. I'm on a Pixel 3XL. Thanks for the info!