How do you feel about the “changes” to Sym Supreme announced?

12357

Comments

  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    AndiYTDE said:


    AndiYTDE said:

    The single reason why I don´t believe that a 50% chance was intended is because in the official champion spotlight it says 100%. Technically, even if the description of SS has been wrong for the last 10 months (which I don´t believe) it still doesn´t explain why it said 100% in the champion spotlight.

    Simple. The spotlight mirrors the ability list in game.

    I´m pretty sure that there are many people looking over the abilities before publishing the official ability list, and none of them realized that there was a mistake? Who are you trying to fool?
    I’m not trying to fool anyone. It’s happened before and it will happen again. But you do realize that there are many teams in play with this game and it’s many different media outlets, not to mention the developer teams as well. So one person may be in charge of just copy pasting stuff and he oblivious to the champ itself.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    AndiYTDE said:

    AndiYTDE said:


    AndiYTDE said:

    The single reason why I don´t believe that a 50% chance was intended is because in the official champion spotlight it says 100%. Technically, even if the description of SS has been wrong for the last 10 months (which I don´t believe) it still doesn´t explain why it said 100% in the champion spotlight.

    Simple. The spotlight mirrors the ability list in game.

    I´m pretty sure that there are many people looking over the abilities before publishing the official ability list, and none of them realized that there was a mistake? Who are you trying to fool?
    I’m not trying to fool anyone. It’s happened before and it will happen again. But you do realize that there are many teams in play with this game and it’s many different media outlets, not to mention the developer teams as well. So one person may be in charge of just copy pasting stuff and he oblivious to the champ itself.
    So nobody who actually knows the champions abilities looks over them before creating the champion spotlight, gotcha. Sounds like Kabam.
    Instead of giving us what was advertised they change the advertisement. That´s just wrong on so many levels.
    Your post is so closed minded it’s not even funny. You do realize how many people and teams of people go into creating this game and it’s social platforms right? It’s entirely possible the person in charge of typing the descriptions, in the spotlight or even the game, may not even play this game and is just doing their job. Not everyone working for Kabam plays their games. It’s entirely possible that words got lost in the mix of someone typed something wrong. Can you honestly tell me you have never had s mistake go unnoticed? I sure have.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy

    Why do people always feed the most well known trolls in the forum?

    Part of our contractual agreement with being Kabam shills/guys/girls is we take being called forum trolls, especially when people are blinded by hate and disagreeing with us, and we have a big laugh with Miike while polishing our Cyclops visors after we very effectively used him in AQ. They also give us unlimited maple syrup, served to us via moose dressed up as the most nerfed champs. The view from Kabam HQ at dawn is breathtaking. Sometimes GW and I have to bug Miike to bring some coffee, especially when he is late.

    Joking aside, what makes us trolls for pointing out that it’s not a nerf?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,220 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Other, (please explain)
    There needs to be a quality control department. Too many mistakes for such a profitable company. While I do agree with him being over powered. They should refund anyone that requests as he was changed from advertised. It's the right thing to do. At least give out units it's free for them.

    Also please don't feed the Skrulls!!!
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    AndiYTDE said:

    AndiYTDE said:

    AndiYTDE said:


    AndiYTDE said:

    The single reason why I don´t believe that a 50% chance was intended is because in the official champion spotlight it says 100%. Technically, even if the description of SS has been wrong for the last 10 months (which I don´t believe) it still doesn´t explain why it said 100% in the champion spotlight.

    Simple. The spotlight mirrors the ability list in game.

    I´m pretty sure that there are many people looking over the abilities before publishing the official ability list, and none of them realized that there was a mistake? Who are you trying to fool?
    I’m not trying to fool anyone. It’s happened before and it will happen again. But you do realize that there are many teams in play with this game and it’s many different media outlets, not to mention the developer teams as well. So one person may be in charge of just copy pasting stuff and he oblivious to the champ itself.
    So nobody who actually knows the champions abilities looks over them before creating the champion spotlight, gotcha. Sounds like Kabam.
    Instead of giving us what was advertised they change the advertisement. That´s just wrong on so many levels.
    Your post is so closed minded it’s not even funny. You do realize how many people and teams of people go into creating this game and it’s social platforms right? It’s entirely possible the person in charge of typing the descriptions, in the spotlight or even the game, may not even play this game and is just doing their job. Not everyone working for Kabam plays their games. It’s entirely possible that words got lost in the mix of someone typed something wrong. Can you honestly tell me you have never had s mistake go unnoticed? I sure have.
    You´ve said that the Champion spotlight is just a 1:1 copy of the in-game abilities. And those who create the in-game abilities don´t know what they´re doing as they don´t play the game? I mean, it sounds like Kabam but that would not really make the situation any better.
    Plus, you do not seriously want to tell me that after 10 months, nobody at Kabam as looked into this while the community has reported this exact issue 8 months ago?
    It´s an extraordinary coincidence that this happens just a few weeks after Kabam said that they want to "adjust" certain champions to keep the balance, isn´t it?
    Quick question, have you read ANYTHING other than what you don’t agree with, that I have posted?

    I am saying the EXACT opposite. I have gone on record in previous posts saying to wait 8* months the for Null’s to be clarified is absolutely an abomination. They should have gotten this addressed within DAYS if not hours of someone asking a simple question, that has been asked many times since it was first asked. I saying for them t take this long to give us clarification is bad and unbecoming of them. I’m not giving them praise for taking so long, I am giving them a modicum of respect because at the very least it’s finally being addressed.

    Again I hate how long it took, I hate how it took some drastic measures to finally get it talked about at a level where something can be done.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 1,530 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    SS isn’t amongst top ten champs anyway and can’t see why the game team is afraid of that 100% chance to stagger. Not a game breaker at all. For gods sake, we had Blade released and dominating (nearly game breaking) the contest for over a year and now kabam trying to keep down a “just good” champ seems pretty dumb. SS is overrated by the community anyway, cause the luck of god tier champs in Mystic class (only DV is still a real one). U guys at Kabam give the community what the majority wants. It’s still supposed to be a summoner are period. :)
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    AndiYTDE said:

    There is just something you have to get into your mind: This issue was reported 8 months ago!
    Kabam´s first recognition of this issue came 7 months ago!
    If this truly was "just a description error", then that´s the easiest thing to fix. Those who were looking into that issue deinitely had to be familiar with SS and, if the 50% were intended from the beginning, would have said exactly that.
    Kabam Zibiit said in the original post after someone sent some footage showing that Stagger would not always apply: "Second, our investigations into Stagger were giving different results than what you shared in your video, but we have passed along the footage you sent in for further review."
    They have tried to recreate the issue, but for them Stagger always applied. They didn´t have the issue that was reported. Again: If the 50% chance was intended, they would have said that.
    It´s really not that hard to understand, is it?

    Fair points. And some, I have stated myself.
    The fact they said “giving different issues” leads me to believe 50% was NOT the original intention. But it also leads me to believe that it was originally a wording issue and someone dropped the ball......HARD.

    It’s entirely possible the people who originally created SS and his abilities is no longer with the company so they couldn’t ask the know all. It’s entirely possible that if that person is no longer with the company, they had to review things. This is why TO or BY is paramount here.

    The fact of the matter is something is changing, but he is still going to work the exact same as he has. And the biggest issue is the length of time this took, and the repercussions that happened.

    But I ask again, was 100% on Null’s the ONLY reason people awakened/ranked/dumped resource into him? I am 99.9999% sure it was other things that made him wanted and chased after.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,883 ★★★★★
    Passing things along doesn't always mean they have time to look at it closely, time to recreate, time to discuss, etc. There's a whole host of other things going on. Evidently, they did make time for it, and discussed it at length. Just because it took this long doesn't mean anything nefarious.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,883 ★★★★★
    You don't buy anything. You lease permission to use their product. They also reserve the right to modify it as needed. Nothing is actually being modified here. Just a wrong Description that is being updated. He's been performing the same for 8 months regardless of what it says.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 1,530 ★★★★★

    You don't buy anything. You lease permission to use their product. They also reserve the right to modify it as needed. Nothing is actually being modified here. Just a wrong Description that is being updated. He's been performing the same for 8 months regardless of what it says.

    Many players, including me, actually paying real money to get this “permission”. They can at least please their customers and give them the really nothing they ask (100% chance to stagger), even if it wasn’t intended to be. I can understand many people annoyed on this. Just a touch of my Domino and would turn me free to play immediately.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,883 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

    AndiYTDE said:

    There is just something you have to get into your mind: This issue was reported 8 months ago!
    Kabam´s first recognition of this issue came 7 months ago!
    If this truly was "just a description error", then that´s the easiest thing to fix. Those who were looking into that issue deinitely had to be familiar with SS and, if the 50% were intended from the beginning, would have said exactly that.
    Kabam Zibiit said in the original post after someone sent some footage showing that Stagger would not always apply: "Second, our investigations into Stagger were giving different results than what you shared in your video, but we have passed along the footage you sent in for further review."
    They have tried to recreate the issue, but for them Stagger always applied. They didn´t have the issue that was reported. Again: If the 50% chance was intended, they would have said that.
    It´s really not that hard to understand, is it?

    Fair points. And some, I have stated myself.
    The fact they said “giving different issues” leads me to believe 50% was NOT the original intention. But it also leads me to believe that it was originally a wording issue and someone dropped the ball......HARD.

    It’s entirely possible the people who originally created SS and his abilities is no longer with the company so they couldn’t ask the know all. It’s entirely possible that if that person is no longer with the company, they had to review things. This is why TO or BY is paramount here.

    The fact of the matter is something is changing, but he is still going to work the exact same as he has. And the biggest issue is the length of time this took, and the repercussions that happened.

    But I ask again, was 100% on Null’s the ONLY reason people awakened/ranked/dumped resource into him? I am 99.9999% sure it was other things that made him wanted and chased after.
    When do you use SS? I personally use mine whenever I know the opponent I´m going to use him against generates a lot of buffs that make the fight harder, like Hyperion or Medusa. That´s how many use him too. A 100% chance to place a Stagger during one phase is very attractive, isn´t it?
    For me personally, the "Nerf" doesn´t change my mind about SS and he´s still going to be my next R5 champion. Yet, I hate how Kabam is lying to our faces once again. They´ve turned a bug into an excuse to "Nerf" SS instead of just fixing the bug. Would it be game-breaking if he did place the Stagger at a 100% chance? Not at all.
    This isn't Wal-Mart Price Match. They can't just change the Champ to match a wrong Description and expect it to be in balance. They discussed the possibility and decided it would be too much. 50% is how he operated from the get-go, and that still ain't bad. People have been using that all along. 100% chance on Parries (well-timed Blocks) is just adding a Stagger everytime you Block. Let's face it. If you know what you're doing, most Blocks are well-timed. Stagger isn't the only thing he has going on. Same debate with the Champ that actually had the nerf, Strange. People kept looking at one aspect and saying it wasn't OP. They never looked at all of them. Plus the Synergies.
    No one lied. The Description was wrong. After they considered increasing it to match it, they thought it would be too strong. That's it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,883 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:



    This isn't Wal-Mart Price Match. They can't just change the Champ to match a wrong Description and expect it to be in balance. They discussed the possibility and decided it would be too much. 50% is how he operated from the get-go, and that still ain't bad. People have been using that all along. 100% chance on Parries (well-timed Blocks) is just adding a Stagger everytime you Block. Let's face it. If you know what you're doing, most Blocks are well-timed. Stagger isn't the only thing he has going on. Same debate with the Champ that actually had the nerf, Strange. People kept looking at one aspect and saying it wasn't OP. They never looked at all of them. Plus the Synergies.
    No one lied. The Description was wrong. After they considered increasing it to match it, they thought it would be too strong. That's it.

    Your ability to shine Kabams turds is unparalleled. Really? Walmart? Was it someone else who put out his character description or was that Kabam? What you're saying is Kabam is free to say anything they like, sell a champ under any false pretenses of their choosing, and allow people to spend hundreds of dollars of real money to acquire said champ while still maintaining the ability to switch anything they choose after the fact under the guise of a "description mistake".

    That's gross and it's gross that you would defend it as such.
    What would be gross is if they took every text error and implemented it with no regard as to what it would do to the game.
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Posts: 97


    In the spirit of not naming names but read on if you like. And mind you, I’m not taking this out of context. It was in the Oct 2018 SS’ spotlight conversation.

    I am not necessarily too fussed about the ‘text change’, but to go about stating that the champ was vetted, it will work as intended (then) and yet, 12 months after his release, the supposedly ‘fix’ was to fix an unintended intent?

    I’m not impressed at all
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    Kobster84 said:

    @Liss_Bliss_ please tell me how it took them 8 months with them saying “we are looking into it “ to find out something like this please

    sigh.... @Kobster84 please tell me you read all my previous posts on this matter..... you are trying to insinuate something that's not there. You are trying to start an argument when I am showing I agree with the time it took being bad.

    If I could repost what I said in one of my comments that was deleted I would, and you would see I stand wit you guys on how poorly this was handled. But I wont, because I don't want another warning. I publicly chastised them for taking this long to come back with such a simple solution. But nothing I say will mean anything because you think I am a Kabam fangirl shill.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,883 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:



    What would be gross is if they took every text error and implemented it with no regard as to what it would do to the game.

    Or maybe, I dunno, quality tested their own product and ensured that they weren't selling a false bill of goods? You're saying they should have zero accountability for telling us what they are putting out there because they should reserve the right to take your money and then make up fluff about it later.

    Seriously dude, stop what you're doing. At this point either you're on the payroll or you're the single most disingenuous dude on these forums.
    Are you capable of commenting without making personal remarks?
    Should they be accountable? Yes. They responded. They didn't hide it or avoid taking responsibility. Could they have better measures? That's always an ongoing process for anything, really. When you have as many moving parts as this game, you're going to have issues come up. It's not going to be perfect. Ideally, you will have less issues in the same places as time goes on. Considering there have only been a handful of Champs that were described inaccurately, that's not bad.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Happy

    DalBot said:



    What would be gross is if they took every text error and implemented it with no regard as to what it would do to the game.

    Or maybe, I dunno, quality tested their own product and ensured that they weren't selling a false bill of goods? You're saying they should have zero accountability for telling us what they are putting out there because they should reserve the right to take your money and then make up fluff about it later.

    Seriously dude, stop what you're doing. At this point either you're on the payroll or you're the single most disingenuous dude on these forums.
    Are you capable of commenting without making personal remarks?
    They aren't. They resort to this when they have nothing else left. Personal attacks is like bottom of the bag for them, JUST below insinuating that people are offering...shall we say oral favors towards Kabam. I love that reply honestly, because it shows how feeble their argument really is.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    I wonder how many people up in arms in this thread still believe Cull was nerfed LOL
  • SuperGoodSuperGood Posts: 95
    edited August 2019



    Still, people are reacting as if they just change things as they feel, when nothing is changing at all. They don't just alter Champs to suit their mood. There is careful consideration with any changes.

    That’s not exactly true though. People are reacting because the expectation, as set by Kabam, is 100% chance to stagger. They set this expectation in the original release and subsequent ability description. I understand that you’re saying that they aren’t changing how he currently functions but that isn’t the issue at all. According to Kabam, SS should have been staggering at 100% the whole time (when partying during null). When that doesn’t happen ppl reasonably get upset because that is what they were told would happen. If you buy a product and it doesn’t work as advertised, you might return it or be upset with the people that told you it would work a certain way. All that to say I can totally understand why ppl would be upset about this seeming dishonesty.

  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Happy
    SuperGood said:



    Still, people are reacting as if they just change things as they feel, when nothing is changing at all. They don't just alter Champs to suit their mood. There is careful consideration with any changes.

    That’s not exactly true though. People are reacting because the expectation, as set by Kabam, is 100% chance to stagger. They set this expectation in the original release and subsequent ability description. I understand that you’re saying that they aren’t changing how he currently functions but that isn’t the issue at all. According to Kabam, SS should have been staggering at 100% the whole time (when partying during null). When that doesn’t happen ppl reasonably get upset because that is what they were told would happen. If you buy a product and it doesn’t work as advertised, you might return it or be upset with the people that told you it would work a certain way. All that to say I can totally understand why ppl would be upset about this seeming dishonesty.

    That's the thing, we aren't saying DON'T BE UPSET. In fact I am saying the exact opposite, BE UPSET, scream about it to whoever will listen, I am upset myself at the change simply because of how long it took. But I am comfortable in knowing nothing is changing with my SS's game play that I am used to. Its like Domino, nobody noticed ANYTHING about her issue till after her release and they sad they will let her perform the same way and just took that lime of text out. Nothing changed about her abilities that people were not used to seeing.
This discussion has been closed.