**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Has anyone ever gotten the LEGENDS title on an android device ?

_GRINDER__GRINDER_ Posts: 538 ★★★
Please mention the device and your timings ( master+ Heroic ) or UC

Has anyone ever gotten the LEGENDS title on an android device ? 86 votes

Yes
2%
Shadow_PhoneixEkbizzell 2 votes
Don't even try
97%
Vdh2008ShrimkinsLeNoirFaineantarni2FreakydCrkwestbenshbRam_SarkarAsukiraNanoDroidSpeedbumpTJ82BPT_Corey2386JrgzDarkrider05GrundalowMikeyBoi69SiddhantKwatraЗАКСОЛИНM1k0rin 84 votes

Comments

• MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Don't even try
    I have samsung galaxy j5. Run one round of arena in 3 mins,2 of which are loading screens. Played once on iphone,did arena run in 1.5min. Just comparison.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Don't even try
    I'm sure someone has done it but not many. Even most older iOS devices can't compete anymore.

I did my legend run on a 6s and the people using the 7 were 30-45 minutes faster than me.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Well you don't need to buy an iphone instead get it rent which would cost approx 50$ may be well i dont know about that much.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    The current flagship android phones may get you a legend title. I have iphone x and Huawei mate 20 pro. The load time is no different. Mate 30 Pro is gonna be even faster.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    tkhan08 said:

The current flagship android phones may get you a legend title. I have iphone x and Huawei mate 20 pro. The load time is no different. Mate 30 Pro is gonna be even faster.

As an owner of iPad Pro (2017 version) and a Huawei Mate 20, I can confirm this is correct. I see no difference between the two devices when it comes to loading speed.
  • Don't even try
    So there’s 1 vote for YES ?? Notice they didn’t leave a comment saying which Android was actually used.

And correct within even Apple. Tried doing Legends some years back on an Apple iPad 4th Gen (won’t really run without constant lagging nowadays, but back then it wasn’t really lags that was the problem), and was woefully gonna be way short, like several “multiples” of cutoff time short, just because of much longer loading/transition times than faster Apple at that time.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    I'm no expert. But from previous conversations on this topic they basically said that because there are so many android phone manufacturers e.g. Samsung, LG, Google it's more difficult to program on android.
    All the different chipsets and manufacturers bloatware and running different versions of Android operating systems.
  • VatrisVatris Posts: 247 ★★
    Don't even try
    Hey @Shadow_Phoneix speak up...
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★

I have samsung galaxy j5. Run one round of arena in 3 mins,2 of which are loading screens. Played once on iphone,did arena run in 1.5min. Just comparison.

🧐 j5 specs aren't great to begin with..I wouldn't even compare the time using that phone versus an iPhone
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I don't know if this is a dumb question, but do you guys think it would be hard to implement a system that didn't account for loading times?
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Don't even try
    Don't bother and waste time
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    ẞlооd said:

I don't know if this is a dumb question, but do you guys think it would be hard to implement a system that didn't account for loading times?

Yes because how would you know if I took long breaks between fights? It’s a race. Moving between nodes and not wasting time on champ selection screen checking nodes etc. is a big part of it all
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Don't even try
    I don't even attempt LEGENDS run because I actually like reading the story line during monthly events. Lol 😂😂😂, especially whenever Deadpool is involved with some mess in The Battlerealm!
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Uppercut said:

ẞlооd said:

Yes because how would you know if I took long breaks between fights? It’s a race. Moving between nodes and not wasting time on champ selection screen checking nodes etc. is a big part of it all
    I don't know, I was drunk when I wrote that lol
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★
    They should separate legend runs into two catergories: apple and non apple devices
  • Don't even try
    They should separate it out by individual device as well. (of course that won’t happen).

Has to be a way to make it be based on skill somehow.

Instead (as someone mentioned it is like a marathon so you can’t figure in things like breaks, loading times, etc, etc), but in reality it is like a solo timed race/marathon that different runners can run on different days, on different courses, and in different weather conditions (that wouldn’t make much sense, would it ?)

So someone gets to run the marathon on flat terrain, in 60 deg F, on a dry day. And then compare their time against someone running the same distance but on an uphill course, in high altitude, on a very hot day. Hey, but at least they had to cover the same 26 mile distance (so it must be fair).

How about... Once you have earned Legends Title, you are no longer eligible for another Legends. Turn it into a ONCE TIME REWARD. But then they would have to do away with that Legends Leaderboard too.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

They should separate it out by individual device as well. (of course that won’t happen).

Has to be a way to make it be based on skill somehow.

Instead (as someone mentioned it is like a marathon so you can’t figure in things like breaks, loading times, etc, etc), but in reality it is like a solo timed race/marathon that different runners can run on different days, on different courses, and in different weather conditions (that wouldn’t make much sense, would it ?)

So someone gets to run the marathon on flat terrain, in 60 deg F, on a dry day. And then compare their time against someone running the same distance but on an uphill course, in high altitude, on a very hot day. Hey, but at least they had to cover the same 26 mile distance (so it must be fair).

How about... Once you have earned Legends Title, you are no longer eligible for another Legends. Turn it into a ONCE TIME REWARD. But then they would have to do away with that Legends Leaderboard too.

Except the terrain, temp, and weather is entirely up to the user in this case, so your marathon analogy is a really poor one. It is more like someone trying to play Counter Strike competitively on a low end dell vs a high end custom built rig. You like or want your phone that is fine, just dont expect the company to bend over backwards for your device or choice of OS to the detriment of other players.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Don't even try
    More like a FPS game on Xbox with controller vs. a costum built rig with a mouse.

No chance with the controller on a competitive level... don't even try. In my opinion KABAM should delete the title ... not fair.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I think its based on the amount of memory the Phone has. Like the Samsung S10 seems to be about the same as iPhone load times since they have 8 or 12 Gigs of memory now. The S8 only had 4 and most android phone had 4 or 2.
  • GagarinmanGagarinman Posts: 11
    Anyone who has a legends title on Android would be as happy as I would be if back draft intercept was fixed. Never gonna happen..