**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to fight Thing?

As the title says.

Comments

• Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    Search this on you tube you will find better results
  • Use attackers that cause Bleed (Gwenpool is great on him). Or know how to time when Thing reaching 15 stacks and getting him to use an SP when at 15. Or how to utilize parry to control his stacks vs 15 too.
  • CoryMatthewsThoCoryMatthewsTho Posts: 145
    She-Hulk.
  • She-Hulk.

Too bad.. Haven't got her yet.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I use Elektra, she seems to handle him fine ... a number of reasons for that, of course (mostly parrotting what others have mentioned):

1) he bleed on specials helps reduce a few rock stacks ...
    2) class advantage .. never a bad thing.
    3) mostly, her ability reduction when a debuff is on the opponent (ie stun or weakness (via mastery)), prevents him from gaining rock stacks for the most part :)

combination of them means I play normally about 80% of the time ... only occasionally, I have to be careful as I get bad RNG, and he manages to get 15 rock stacks.
    *shrug*

Usually not too hard.
  • CapatomCapatom Posts: 20
    Blade is a good counter too..his parry causes bleed ..so MLM combo with parry will keep the rock stacks below 15.. quake is also pretty good if you are used to quake style ..
    You can use any champion if you are a little cautious .. make sure that by the time he has 15 stacks he has his sp1 ready.. bait it out and boom .. 0 stacks
  • Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    edited August 2019
    dot_ditto said:

I m sorry but I disagree as of my knowledge her sp does not bleed him as he is bleed immune.
    She try to armour break him but he is immune to that also. So no reduction to rock stacks.

every thing else is ok.
    I use gwenpool or spider Gwen but if you practice enough you can beat him with any champ if he is not on All or Nothing node.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

dot_ditto said:

I m sorry but I disagree as of my knowledge her sp does not bleed him as he is bleed immune.
    She try to armour break him but he is immune to that also. So no reduction to rock stacks.

every thing else is ok.
    I use gwenpool or spider Gwen but if you practice enough you can beat him with any champ if he is not on All or Nothing node.
    Yes, his bleed immune but he still gets his rock stacks reduced by 3
  • FENWAY79FENWAY79 Posts: 16
    Use Skill champ against him, I use 5 star Blade duped 5700+, he does the job
  • As some have already mentioned, if you can get him to 15 stacks and then stop your combo, you can then just wait for him to launch a Special Attack which will consume all of his Rock Stacks and you won't have to worry about him going Unstoppable. He gains more Rock Stacks when he blocks hits but won't go Unstoppable from those blocked hits, so you can use them to push him up to 15 or up to a full bar of Power without triggering Unstoppable. I have Spider-Gwen on my questing team, so I'll use her Slow to reduce the ability accuracy of his Unstoppable by 100%; he'll still consume 3 Rock Stacks trying to go Unstoppable but won't gain the Buff.