**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

She-Hulk Heavy Speed Bug Fix [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    mfleury said:

mfleury said:

DrZola said:

Hey everybody,

We’re sorry that this update came as a surprise. The Ability to chain into a Heavy Attack from a combo is not one that is intended for any Champion, and we have never advertised it as one (except for Wasp, who has a built in short Passive stun to ensure that she is able to do it). No Champion should be able to Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability, unless explicitly stated in their Ability description.

This was not something that was listed as an ability or an exception for She-Hulk. She was not built, tuned, or tested, around this unintended interaction. This was identified as an issue and resolved.

We apologize for the confusion caused by this interaction.

Honestly, people should get more than an apology here, Miike.

This was a specific mechanic known throughout the community for a while and a significant attribute of the champ. You guys need to be more attuned to what is happening in game and make “fixes” like this out of the gate, not months later.

I dodged this bullet and used mine at R3 for 6.2 content. But anyone who used their hard-to-get materials on her should get them back and then some.

Dr. Zola
    This was not a mechanic of this Champion, and was not mentioned as one. All Champions have the same speed and cadence to their Attacks, and no Champion should be able to combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability.
    If that is true, shouldn't every champ be able to use a sp1 or sp2 after a combo? Why some of them can't?

And don't tell me you are not aware of this when you said you would change the old captain marvel sp2 because of that.
    They all should be able to, and if they are not, that is a bug that should be reported. If you look back through the changelog, you'll see that we fix those issues when they arise. So if you see one that isn't consistently working, let us know!
    Yes, and my CM is waiting for her new sp2 you promised about 2 years ago. Where is it?
    Captain Marvel? that’s been fixed for a while. They sped it up and it’s rarely blocked.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★

Why let this persist for so long without even mentioning that she wasnt functioning as intended? I’m sure the devs and moderators watch as much game or hero specific content as the rest of us and were acutely aware that this mechanic was a driving reason as to why people were ranking her and using her, why then has no-one from kabam taken the time to forewarn customers that this specific function was in fact not meant for her design and would in fact be corrected?
    Gross negligence from whoever is responsible for letting this “bug” continue for long without At least updating people on it so they could make an informed decision on what they use their hard earned resources for.
    Really hope they offer people the chance to reverse their decision as it seems the only reason this situation has developed is because the devs have been asleep at the wheel or lack the knowledge of their own game to truly grasp the impact a decision like this would have on the specific champion and her general usefulness within their own meta. Either way it doesn’t look very competent

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say they weren't looking at it until some type of interaction was introduced which brought it to light.
    It’s been well known you can chain a heavy onto the end of a combo for long long while, was it not viewed as a “bug” back when she was first buffed and people started making gameplay videos of her? Been mentioned numerous times on the forums as to why she has become a viable rank up option. This was a driving reason even before 6.2 and KT1’s LOL video. Seems they have only decided to act now because they have realised how useful she is. Pretty shady if so, all this will be fine of course if they compensate people for their own mistake or for their own inaction. Seems fairly appropriate, not sure how anyone can view it otherwise
  • SamdroxtaarSamdroxtaar Posts: 129
    One more shameless decision i ranked her up only for champion shes not that op to be nerf
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

We’re sorry that this update came as a surprise. The Ability to chain into a Heavy Attack from a combo is not one that is intended for any Champion, and we have never advertised it as one (except for Wasp, who has a built in short Passive stun to ensure that she is able to do it). No Champion should be able to Combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability, unless explicitly stated in their Ability description.

This was not something that was listed as an ability or an exception for She-Hulk. She was not built, tuned, or tested, around this unintended interaction. This was identified as an issue and resolved.

@Kabam Miike I understand where you are coming from, but why can’t we get a fix for the issues affecting the players? Like Ghost’s intercept being blocked/parried in AW, Corvus’ coldsnap immunity not working on freezerburn nodes, the title notification not going away for summoners sigil title, etc. Why do all the “bug” fixes seem so lopsided?
    It's not like we're not trying to fix those bugs as well. Some of them are just easier to investifate/identify/fix than others. In this case, it was fixing the speed in which She-Hulk starts her Heavy attack, which was faster than all other Champions.
    There are many champs that have different heavy speeds. For example Hyperion’s heavy seems to be a lot longer than most champs. Don’t believe it? Just test it on a limber node it gets to a point where he can’t parry and heavy anymore but that point seems to be a lot earlier than a lot of champs...
    Not the actual length of the Heavy Attack, but the time in which it takes to activate it. If you think Hyperion's is too slow, we can take a look to see if it's not working correctly.
    Warlocks is way too fast you need to look into that. Now you've been notified so please fix.
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215
    IDoge said:

DrZola said:

Hey everybody,

Honestly, people should get more than an apology here, Miike.

This was a specific mechanic known throughout the community for a while and a significant attribute of the champ. You guys need to be more attuned to what is happening in game and make “fixes” like this out of the gate, not months later.

I dodged this bullet and used mine at R3 for 6.2 content. But anyone who used their hard-to-get materials on her should get them back and then some.

Dr. Zola
    This was not a mechanic of this Champion, and was not mentioned as one. All Champions have the same speed and cadence to their Attacks, and no Champion should be able to combo into a Heavy attack with 100% reliability.
    If all champions have the same heavy attack speeds then how come you cannot spam cull obsidian heavy in the corner? Get your stuff together.
    That's a lie. If all had the same speed and cadence then Hyperion, imiw, Phoenix to name a couple would be faster.. but some of the slowest heavies in the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Cain said:

iRetr0 said:

I noticed my comments have been deleted, so I will say it again.

I am no "tin-foil" hat person, but what Kabam has done with Sym Supreme and She-Hulk is, quite frankly, not showing any good signs for the upcoming future. They can do this with LITERALLY any champion and just say "We never identified this bug until now" or "This isn't the way we intended the champ to work" excuse and think they could get away with it.

They didn't do anything with SS. He never operated at 100%.
    So the spotlight and the description say Symbiote Supreme should be at 100%...but he didn’t operate that way so they ”updated” the text.

She hulk had no description of her heavy attack, but it’s been the same for years...because that’s how she operated...not they are “updating” her mechanics.

Yet their “fix” both times manages to reduce champ effectiveness.
    Nothing reduced with SS. He literally never functioned like that. They even discussed changing him to match that Description and realized it was too much.
    Shulk never indicated she was supposed to function that way. Same thing happened with Drax. There was another similar interaction that had to be addressed with GP. Champs aren't supposed to corner others like that.
    I think you have your “cornering” confused—try chaining a heavy with Shulk on 6.2.6 Champion after he has a Sp1.

GwenPool was a broken mechanic that basically allowed for continuous heavy chaining. The two instances are quite different.

Dr. Zola
    If there wasn't any effectiveness to the technique, we wouldn't be arguing it.
    "Effectiveness" is not a reason for a nerf lol. Dr Zola said they were quite different, and he is correct. One was a broken mechanic, the other is not, whether or not it was intended.
    Actually they're the same. If they're fixing it, it's a broken mechanic.
    This is wrong on so many levels it's hard to know where to start. Everything they "fix" is a broken mechanic and the same as everything else that they "fix"? Even if I were to agree with the implied premise that Kabam can do no wrong (they are fixing it ergo...) the conclusion that "they're the same" (at least in any meaningful way relevant to the point) doesn't even follow. And none of this even addresses your bizarre comment that somehow the effectiveness of shehulk's heavy is relevant.
    Do you usually fix things that aren't broken? Even looking at the loose use of the term "fix" and equating it with "change", both outcomes are the same. They don't want the loophole of chain Stun with GP, and they don't want Shulk to combo into a Heavy. Neither one is intended, and hence broken.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Hey everybody,

@Kabam Miike I understand where you are coming from, but why can’t we get a fix for the issues affecting the players? Like Ghost’s intercept being blocked/parried in AW, Corvus’ coldsnap immunity not working on freezerburn nodes, the title notification not going away for summoners sigil title, etc. Why do all the “bug” fixes seem so lopsided?
    It's not like we're not trying to fix those bugs as well. Some of them are just easier to investifate/identify/fix than others. In this case, it was fixing the speed in which She-Hulk starts her Heavy attack, which was faster than all other Champions.
    There are many champs that have different heavy speeds. For example Hyperion’s heavy seems to be a lot longer than most champs. Don’t believe it? Just test it on a limber node it gets to a point where he can’t parry and heavy anymore but that point seems to be a lot earlier than a lot of champs...
    Not the actual length of the Heavy Attack, but the time in which it takes to activate it. If you think Hyperion's is too slow, we can take a look to see if it's not working correctly.
    Warlocks is way too fast you need to look into that. Now you've been notified so please fix.
    Post it in the bug forums where it wont get lost in the chatter. Same to the guy who mentioned OML
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    joke1004 said:

This is absolutely terrible. People ranked her for that reason only. She had a unique ability that’s absolutely not op, but of course Kabam has to nerf her...

I wanna see the OG. This is total ba I ranked her for 6.3
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:
    Don't give them anymore ideas
This discussion has been closed.