**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War rating not frozen

2»

Comments

• Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I don’t know why I’m getting so frustrated. If I just stopped playing this game altogether, I wouldn’t have to deal with this anymore. What a novel idea. It’s amazing how a company that puts out a product that is supposed to be fun can manage to suck the fun out of it
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

There was an issue that caused the first war of this off season to not have a locked rating. This will be resolved for the next war. Apologies for the confusion here.

So will the ratings be reversed if they go up or down like how they were handled at the beginning of season 11 where the exact opposite thing happened and rating was locked? While this is one war a win/loss to jump into or down another tier has an affect on the upcoming season in terms of multiplier.
    The purpose of locking Ratings is to curve things like Tanking. I don't think one War will have much of an effect.
    Overall it doesn't affect everyone but groups on the cusp of dropping out of one tier into a lower tier or the reverse will have an impact on their multiplier if left alone before season start. If someone wins this war and goes into Tier 1 then they are at an advantage they shouldn't have had once season started if everything was working right.
    That is a blessing and a curse. They will have an advantage in terms of their multiplier, but a disadvantage in terms of who they fight.
    or they win and now got a Tier 1 win they wouldn't have had otherwise. Just asking for one off-season, season to work as Kabam states.
    I agree, they should reset the ratings, I am just saying it is not as simple as you stated.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

There was an issue that caused the first war of this off season to not have a locked rating. This will be resolved for the next war. Apologies for the confusion here.

So will the ratings be reversed if they go up or down like how they were handled at the beginning of season 11 where the exact opposite thing happened and rating was locked? While this is one war a win/loss to jump into or down another tier has an affect on the upcoming season in terms of multiplier.
    The purpose of locking Ratings is to curve things like Tanking. I don't think one War will have much of an effect.
    Overall it doesn't affect everyone but groups on the cusp of dropping out of one tier into a lower tier or the reverse will have an impact on their multiplier if left alone before season start. If someone wins this war and goes into Tier 1 then they are at an advantage they shouldn't have had once season started if everything was working right.
    That is a blessing and a curse. They will have an advantage in terms of their multiplier, but a disadvantage in terms of who they fight.
    or they win and now got a Tier 1 win they wouldn't have had otherwise. Just asking for one off-season, season to work as Kabam states.
    I agree, they should reset the ratings, I am just saying it is not as simple as you stated.
    I agree as well, not as simple as I stated but I was just trying to give a possible outcome of leaving this as is. Ratings need to be reverted and frozen as Kabam stated they should always be in the off-season moving forward.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I agree as well, not as simple as I stated but I was just trying to give a possible outcome of leaving this as is. Ratings need to be reverted and frozen as Kabam stated they should always be in the off-season moving forward.
    Everyone should agree with this. But of course, I don’t expect anything but head burying. And you’ll love the kabam support response
  • Options
    Paulni86Paulni86 Posts: 50

We finished the season by just managing to get in to tier 3 wars. Will we stay in tier 3 even if we lose the first off season war?

We were looking forward to an entire off season to practice tier 3 but risk being in tier 4 due to this.
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Can we please get some consistency in what the mods tell us and what actually happens? If there is an issue, fine, tell us and what is going to be done about it. But then, actually follow through on that.

@Kabam Lyra said here this first war would be non-frozen due to an issue and that future wars in offseason would be frozen.

Most of the way through this war, after we'd already cleared our opponent's bosses, it changed from non-frozen to frozen, meaning the push was meaningless with regards to war ratings. While we didn't use many resources doing it, knowing the war was going to be frozen would have changed how we approached it.

Wrong information is worse than no information. Please, check what is going to happen and only then tell us what is going on. Don't just guess and not say anything when the guess turns out to be wrong.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ordalca said:

Can we please get some consistency in what the mods tell us and what actually happens? If there is an issue, fine, tell us and what is going to be done about it. But then, actually follow through on that.

@Kabam Lyra said here this first war would be non-frozen due to an issue and that future wars in offseason would be frozen.

Most of the way through this war, after we'd already cleared our opponent's bosses, it changed from non-frozen to frozen, meaning the push was meaningless with regards to war ratings. While we didn't use many resources doing it, knowing the war was going to be frozen would have changed how we approached it.

Wrong information is worse than no information. Please, check what is going to happen and only then tell us what is going on. Don't just guess and not say anything when the guess turns out to be wrong.

Our opponents decided to tank because it wasn't frozen. They even got snarky on the war chat when someone asked why they placed no defenders with a frozen war rating (not realizing that it wasn't frozen). Happy to get easy shards and see their tanking effort fail lol. But I agree with you about misinformation.
  • Options
    I am glad that it became frozen. I feel like kabam did the right thing there fixing the problem mid-war. Thank you.