**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Fight Mechanics

So, I have been noticing wierd fight mechanics since last update. Some of these include:
More difficult to Parry.
AI timing quicker.
AI punching quicker than Parry.
Player Hits (ghost) missing AI at random moments (not including Evade) and in the middle of combos (especially vs Sentinel).
Stuns breaking/ending a lot faster than ever before.
AI being able to strike you or launch a Special Attack right in the middle of your combo (not including while Unstoppable etc.)

I thought it was just me, but several Alliance members are echoing the same issues to me.

Comments

• Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Yap
    They are making it harder
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah the AI throwing specials while you're intercepting or hitting their block stinks. Seemed like in the past they would change the AI every few months but seems like they are doing it much more frequently now.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I was running an invulnerability boost last war, had a domino 5 hit combo straight into an l1, also what’s with mlllm combos having such a gap between the second and third hits the ai can dex evade out or even worse just start hitting back mid combo
  • _Barabbas__Barabbas_ Posts: 132
    Last night I was fighting a Kingpin in an AW. The node he was on had nothing to do with "Unstoppable" or anything of the sort. The fight just started and 2nd hit he broke my combo and ran a combo on me. He didn't charge or use a Heavy Hit, he just started punching me in middle of my combo.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    Personally it feels like a different speed every time I open the game
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I've noticed that doing a 5 hit combo, then trying to parry afterwards, often, the AI will recover from the last hit before I even have, and start his own combo long before I can put up a block. (and again, no I'm not hitting into his block, doing a "normal" 5 hit combo into him, unblocked .. )

(it's not consistent, however, so trying to nail down a concrete example is tough)
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    They will say they don’t tweak the AI but it is clearly adjusted every once in a while. Parry timing changes very slightly AI acting differently. These days I find they dex out more often or shallow evade if not another players champ.

I believe they try to speed up the AI more and more which changes the interface. Biggest reason I think this is the specials while blocking issue.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    The hits missing completely drive me crazy because it can completely alter a fight.
    I think we are referring to the same thing - that was "corrected" with X-23 and Loki. Basically, if you counter too quickly, especially after specials and with flyers/jumpers, you miss completely. It is not an evade, block, or game mechanic miss. Just nothing, no message and then the AI hit recovers and lights you up.
  • Parry is off in most aspects of the game for me. Especially frustrating when parry pops up on screen but the AI continues to throw punches. Been very inconsistent since the April update.

Recently the AI seems to recover quicker than I can get a special attack off. The inconsistencies are getting too much too often. Glad to know I'm not the only one noticing it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I don't know if this is still active or not since I do not play Mordo as much as I used to, but for a while, every champion AI could evade his special one by dodging back, even if the node had nothing to do with evading.