4* Arena's pretty pointless now

Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
With the introduction of 6*'s there's really no reason to even do the 4* past milestones. I had my whole weekend of grinding planned and now I won't be doing anything after Friday morning. When are the 5* arenas so I have a reason to play?
«13

Comments

  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Congrats on your free weekend :)
  • RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 294
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Yea 4* will be useless around this time next year

    Meaning, I got a free weekend too
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    With the introduction of 6*'s there's really no reason to even do the 4* past milestones. I had my whole weekend of grinding planned and now I won't be doing anything after Friday morning. When are the 5* arenas so I have a reason to play?

    Disagree. 4* arena still has its use. Its the quickiest milestone completion. Duping the 4* basic down the road for 5* shards. ....thats about it. Lol
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    This is actually going to discourage elite players from participating in those 4* arenas while they have their own uncollected arena. This is to reduce the cut off and make the game much more balanced
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    With the introduction of 6*'s there's really no reason to even do the 4* past milestones. I had my whole weekend of grinding planned and now I won't be doing anything after Friday morning. When are the 5* arenas so I have a reason to play?

    Disagree. 4* arena still has its use. Its the quickiest milestone completion. Duping the 4* basic down the road for 5* shards. ....thats about it. Lol

    Too much grind for very few 5* shards (if you dup him in the future).
    But everyone use his time according to his value.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 81
    edited August 2017
    l[/quote]

    Too much grind for very few 5* shards (if you dup him in the future).
    But everyone use his time according to his value.[/quote]

    Definitely, It might take some of the sting out if they changed it to give 5 star shards/iso when duping from arena, but it's super lame compared to the current state of things regardless.

  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    We will find out with the doc Oc arena
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Correct. When 6*s hit, 4*s will become the functional equivalent of 3* now. Nothing but arena fodder.
  • RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    Well 4* are still relevant cause all the game contents currently can be completed by 4* exception of LOL.... and building up a good arena team is absolutely important... battle chips and they in turn get you units and gold... I normally do feature arena and get to 4 million playing 1.5 hours tops per day in arena grinding and I only play like 2-3 days out of the 4 days
  • Wiki9Wiki9 Posts: 71
    @RebusUI technically there are only 3 days, not 4 days for arena grind
  • Wiki9Wiki9 Posts: 71
    And 4*s wont be useless for a really long time... 3*s are still usefull too, not that I use em besides arena. If you watch seatin, he made a second account of him and is almost at Masstro woth just 3*s...
    If I can get uncollected with my current roster and beat a lot of other stuff, that means you can still use 4*s.
    And with the way Kabams making it, you have to dupe so many 5*s for just 1 6*... All I think is gonna change within the 1st year is that 4/40 and under 4*s are gonna be useless. I could beat Master and half of 5.2 with those guts. Now its just gonna be 5/50 4*s that are gonna be of some use...
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Wiki9 wrote: »
    And 4*s wont be useless for a really long time... 3*s are still usefull too, not that I use em besides arena. If you watch seatin, he made a second account of him and is almost at Masstro woth just 3*s...
    If I can get uncollected with my current roster and beat a lot of other stuff, that means you can still use 4*s.
    And with the way Kabams making it, you have to dupe so many 5*s for just 1 6*... All I think is gonna change within the 1st year is that 4/40 and under 4*s are gonna be useless. I could beat Master and half of 5.2 with those guts. Now its just gonna be 5/50 4*s that are gonna be of some use...

    I haven't used a 3* in 2 years, I don't even rank them. So I don't understand how useful a 3* is to higher players like myself?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    6* aren't very attainable for a long time. 4* will still be used on defiense for a long time. Some 4* will help other players beat content in game. I think it's still a great thing to grind for 5* shards used to get 6* champions at some point and the 4* shards to get champs to beat content or to get more 5* shards from dupes

    How far are you in the game?
  • Average_PlayerAverage_Player Posts: 80
    Lots of people do the arenas to get Units and Units from battlechips..
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    6* aren't very attainable for a long time. 4* will still be used on defiense for a long time. Some 4* will help other players beat content in game. I think it's still a great thing to grind for 5* shards used to get 6* champions at some point and the 4* shards to get champs to beat content or to get more 5* shards from dupes

    How far are you in the game?

    Act 4, Act 5, Master difficulty of monthly event quests, Road to the Labyrinth and Realm of Legends can all be beaten with 4*s. Therefore 4*s will never be worthless. Even Labyrinth can be complete with a 4* SL provided you are willing to spend lots of units to do it. So, don't go spreading false information that 4*s are worthless. It's a violation of the forum rules.

    Is it beatable with 3*s?
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    6* aren't very attainable for a long time. 4* will still be used on defiense for a long time. Some 4* will help other players beat content in game. I think it's still a great thing to grind for 5* shards used to get 6* champions at some point and the 4* shards to get champs to beat content or to get more 5* shards from dupes

    How far are you in the game?

    Act 4, Act 5, Master difficulty of monthly event quests, Road to the Labyrinth and Realm of Legends can all be beaten with 4*s. Therefore 4*s will never be worthless. Even Labyrinth can be complete with a 4* SL provided you are willing to spend lots of units to do it. So, don't go spreading false information that 4*s are worthless. It's a violation of the forum rules.

    Is it beatable with 3*s?

    Parts of Act 4 are easily beatable with 3*s: 3* Ronan for short path Venom in Act 4. Large chunks of quests in Act 4 with a duped 3* Scarlet Witch or duped 3* SL. You can still beat Realm of Legends using a 3* SL.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    6* aren't very attainable for a long time. 4* will still be used on defiense for a long time. Some 4* will help other players beat content in game. I think it's still a great thing to grind for 5* shards used to get 6* champions at some point and the 4* shards to get champs to beat content or to get more 5* shards from dupes

    How far are you in the game?

    Act 4, Act 5, Master difficulty of monthly event quests, Road to the Labyrinth and Realm of Legends can all be beaten with 4*s. Therefore 4*s will never be worthless. Even Labyrinth can be complete with a 4* SL provided you are willing to spend lots of units to do it. So, don't go spreading false information that 4*s are worthless. It's a violation of the forum rules.

    Is it beatable with 3*s?

    Parts of Act 4 are easily beatable with 3*s: 3* Ronan for short path Venom in Act 4. Large chunks of quests in Act 4 with a duped 3* Scarlet Witch or duped 3* SL. You can still beat Realm of Legends using a 3* SL.

    Parts not all so its not false information is it. Thanks for playing!
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    hopefully this will lead to lower cutoffs
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 6,023 ★★★★★
    Congrats on your free weekend :)

    Can't agree more.

  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    6* aren't very attainable for a long time. 4* will still be used on defiense for a long time. Some 4* will help other players beat content in game. I think it's still a great thing to grind for 5* shards used to get 6* champions at some point and the 4* shards to get champs to beat content or to get more 5* shards from dupes

    How far are you in the game?

    Act 4, Act 5, Master difficulty of monthly event quests, Road to the Labyrinth and Realm of Legends can all be beaten with 4*s. Therefore 4*s will never be worthless. Even Labyrinth can be complete with a 4* SL provided you are willing to spend lots of units to do it. So, don't go spreading false information that 4*s are worthless. It's a violation of the forum rules.

    Is it beatable with 3*s?

    Parts of Act 4 are easily beatable with 3*s: 3* Ronan for short path Venom in Act 4. Large chunks of quests in Act 4 with a duped 3* Scarlet Witch or duped 3* SL. You can still beat Realm of Legends using a 3* SL.

    Parts not all so its not false information is it. Thanks for playing!

    Actually you can beat all of it with 3* SW. So nice try loser!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    @Draco2199, I'm a 300k+ player in a top 100-150 war alliance. Used to score top 35 in aq running map 6 twice a week. I'm not a noob
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.

    What you say makes no sense. But typically only the 4* feature arena requires the use of constant refills to get champions. I think what the OP and @winterthur are referring to are basic champs which are easily attainable without using units.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.

    What you say makes no sense. But typically only the 4* feature arena requires the use of constant refills to get champions. I think what the OP and @winterthur are referring to are basic champs which are easily attainable without using units.

    The basic arena too. Please don't try rewrite the recent history, neither the reality for one is the same for everyone.
    Many people was upset because the Android blackout screwed the whole refill and boosts invested for them. That's the reality.
    Preaching in the boards everyone is Batman, and it's plenty of people claiming 3* are useful because "they can" do rol, lol and whatever with it, but reality everyone (except the 0.1% with 500k) should burn items to do it, but many will not admit it because every kid should pretend they're pros masters.

    Reality is, 4* basics could be easily attainable for someone with 500k profile, but someone dying for grind 4* basics (specially now that 4* have been deprecated) is because is urging of 4* basics and will be far from the "easily" fairy tale.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    winterthur wrote: »
    I would be very happy to win 4* as 4* arena is pointless according to OP. I wish 99% of players are like OP.

    Would be you happy winning 4* burning thousands Units? That's one point.
    And 5* Arenas should a fact, it's other point.

    What you say makes no sense. But typically only the 4* feature arena requires the use of constant refills to get champions. I think what the OP and @winterthur are referring to are basic champs which are easily attainable without using units.

    The basic arena too. Please don't try rewrite the recent history, neither the reality for one is the same for everyone.
    Many people was upset because the Android blackout screwed the whole refill and boosts invested for them. That's the reality.
    Preaching in the boards everyone is Batman, and it's plenty of people claiming 3* are useful because "they can" do rol, lol and whatever with it, but reality everyone (except the 0.1% with 500k) should burn items to do it, but many will not admit it because every kid should pretend they're pros masters.

    Reality is, 4* basics could be easily attainable for someone with 500k profile, but someone dying for grind 4* basics (specially now that 4* have been deprecated) is because is urging of 4* basics and will be far from the "easily" fairy tale.

    Sounds like you need to invest in your teams then. I average over 30,000 points per match in basic 4* arena using my 4/40s. Even more using my 5/50s.
Sign In or Register to comment.