**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6 Chapter 2 The Champion Boss battle - The most Unfair and Disgusting battle of the game

Comments

• Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    I definitely understand the pain of this fight, and I spent hundreds of units to get through, but that said.... it really wasn’t as big of a pain as you make it out to be. I used spidergwen R4 as my main damage dealer, and cap IW R3 for the last 10%. Yes it was difficult, and no i didn’t have much fun, but it doesn’t haunt my nightmares or anything like that. I think if it was the only fight on the map such as thanos during IW events, then it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. The bigger pain is you have to fight it so many times and bring so many specific counters just to get there. All that said, i’m not going to 100% 6.2.6 anytime soon
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    16wegnerk said:

I definitely understand the pain of this fight, and I spent hundreds of units to get through, but that said.... it really wasn’t as big of a pain as you make it out to be. I used spidergwen R4 as my main damage dealer, and cap IW R3 for the last 10%. Yes it was difficult, and no i didn’t have much fun, but it doesn’t haunt my nightmares or anything like that. I think if it was the only fight on the map such as thanos during IW events, then it wouldn’t be as much of an issue. The bigger pain is you have to fight it so many times and bring so many specific counters just to get there. All that said, i’m not going to 100% 6.2.6 anytime soon

CapIW is the easiest champ to use for the last 10% because you can block the hits if you boost to remove the indestrustrible charges. All the other champs require practice to get the sp1 dodge down so you insinuating that it isn't that hard or it is exaggerated doesn't help you when you have the #1 champ to do it.

I have Sym Supreme so getting him down to the last 10% was really easy for me but I understand that I have the best Mystic champ in game at r5 5 star.
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

CapIW is the easiest champ to use for the last 10% because you can block the hits if you boost to remove the indestrustrible charges. All the other champs require practice to get the sp1 dodge down so you insinuating that it isn't that hard or it is exaggerated doesn't help you when you have the #1 champ to do it.

I have Sym Supreme so getting him down to the last 10% was really easy for me but I understand that I have the best Mystic champ in game at r5 5 star.
    Go ahead and block a bunch of hits with even a boosted R3 cap and let me know how that works out for you.
    So are you arguing that he isn't the easiest option? I don't have a 5 star CapIW which you would know if you read my previous post carefully.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Raganator said:

Just don't understand how Kabam can say they want people to be able to use multiple champions - and then have the no retreat node on Champion that can literally be countered by one champion (formerly two before She Hulk). So basically, wait until you pull CAPIW (maybe never) before 100% Act 6.2. I have yet to see any takedowns of the Champion with no retreat except with CapIW and She Hulk. I'm hoping more videos come out, but definitely won't hold my breath.

Don't have a vid, but did just complete 6.2 100%. Morningstar (with MD) works, as the 50% perfect block and chance to health steal (big on sp2) make her a decent candidate.
    Appreciate it. Will add it to the list.
  • Options
    ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    Yesterday I started my 6.2.6 journey with 600 units. Cleared entire path easily with ghost and Brought the champ down to 10% with 2 revives. But the last 10% is really painful. I couldn't dex his specials more than thrice and died because of only block damage. All units spent. Finally had no option but to quit. That was really painful and I think kabam should consider of nerfing him a bit and bring down the need to dex his specials to 2.
  • Options
    Zainshams said:

Yesterday I started my 6.2.6 journey with 600 units. Cleared entire path easily with ghost and Brought the champ down to 10% with 2 revives. But the last 10% is really painful. I couldn't dex his specials more than thrice and died because of only block damage. All units spent. Finally had no option but to quit. That was really painful and I think kabam should consider of nerfing him a bit and bring down the need to dex his specials to 2.

They don't want players like you to give up. They want you to re-up and buy units once your 600 units are gone lol. Why do you think shehulk rankdown happened? It was too easy to take the Champion down unit free with her heavies pre-nerf.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

16wegnerk said:

Go ahead and block a bunch of hits with even a boosted R3 cap and let me know how that works out for you.
    So are you arguing that he isn't the easiest option? I don't have a 5 star CapIW which you would know if you read my previous post carefully.
    Not what I said at all. I used a mixture of cap, sym, MS, and thing for my runs depending on the paths. He claimed to use a R3 cap and said it was a manageable fight with some practice, you then decided to invalidate his opinion since he used cap, so I advised you to try blocking a bunch of hits with even a boosted R3 and tell me how that goes.

Here's a hint, it won't go well.
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

You tried to invalidate his opinion that the fight that while hard, was manageable bc he used cap. I'm merely saying that since he used a R3 cap, I can assure you he wasn't just sitting there tanking a bunch of hits bc he'd never survive even if boosted.

I used a mixture of R1 6* cap, R2 6* sym, R4 5* MS, and R5 5* thing for exploration. Cap is definitely one of the better options but if you think that you don't have to actually learn the fight with him you're highly mistaken.
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    If you think he’s bad, try him with No Retreat
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

You tried to invalidate his opinion that the fight that while hard, was manageable bc he used cap. I'm merely saying that since he used a R3 cap, I can assure you he wasn't just sitting there tanking a bunch of hits bc he'd never survive even if boosted.

I used a mixture of R1 6* cap, R2 6* sym, R4 5* MS, and R5 5* thing for exploration. Cap is definitely one of the better options but if you think that you don't have to actually learn the fight with him you're highly mistaken.
    I watched Seatin beat him on the first try live with CapIW in like 3 or 4 tries. Lets stop the madness. The Block proficiency makes a huge difference. His R3 CapIW can take more blocked hits than my r5 Sym Supreme. That is just a fact. Therefore it is easier and if he didn't even need to take his CapIW to r5 that proves my point even more.
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

I watched Seatin beat him on the first try live with CapIW in like 3 or 4 tries. Lets stop the madness. The Block proficiency makes a huge difference. His R3 CapIW can take more blocked hits than my r5 Sym Supreme. That is just a fact. Therefore it is easier and if he didn't even need to take his CapIW to r5 that proves my point even more.
    Sym after a sp3 or just in his armor phase can tank quite a lot of blocks actually. Considering the frequency at which you get to sp3 with him against champion if running MD, I'm not sure his R3 being able to tank more than your sym is accurate.

Yet again, not saying that cap isn't a great option for the fight. But as someone who used multiple champs through multiple runs of this fight I'm just saying his opinion is far from invalid just bc he used cap.

No one is saying the block prof doesnt make a large difference, but you're acting as though the fight is easy with cap. It isn't. If it was, Seatin would have fully explored 6.2 by now. He hasn't.
  • Options
    16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★

16wegnerk said:

Yep I agree with you that cap is the best option due to his block proficiency and perfect parries. What i meant the focus of that to be is that A) i used spidergwen for the first 90% and she did great, the pool isn’t quite as limited as the OP would make it out to be. (Still took plenty of revives) And B) i do understand how hard it is. As Worknprogress said, a R3 cap doesn’t just tank everything. I was at 15% when i finished, and certainly wasn’t just relying on blocking everything. I get that the fight is hard. I experienced it.

Quite frankly man I agree with you. That fight sucks, and different parts are going to be harder for different people and rosters. I’d just rather see them release more counters instead of nerfing the fight altogether
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

Sym after a sp3 or just in his armor phase can tank quite a lot of blocks actually. Considering the frequency at which you get to sp3 with him against champion if running MD, I'm not sure his R3 being able to tank more than your sym is accurate.

Yet again, not saying that cap isn't a great option for the fight. But as someone who used multiple champs through multiple runs of this fight I'm just saying his opinion is far from invalid just bc he used cap.

No one is saying the block prof doesnt make a large difference, but you're acting as though the fight is easy with cap. It isn't. If it was, Seatin would have fully explored 6.2 by now. He hasn't.
    I was speaking about the last 10% specifically bro. Yes, he is definitively the best option and I think that should be taken into account when expressing to me such a careless opinion. Down playing the difficulty of Champion at all doesn't really help. I

I tried the fight with multiple champs as well and I'm speaking from experience. Seatin can fully explore any day but the content is so poorly designed he is choosing not to, just like myself. The no retreat path would be my only hindrance since the Shehulk nerf but I have Thing and Morningstar amongst other champs.
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

I was speaking about the last 10% specifically bro. Yes, he is definitively the best option and I think that should be taken into account when expressing to me such a careless opinion. Down playing the difficulty of Champion at all doesn't really help. I

I tried the fight with multiple champs as well and I'm speaking from experience. Seatin can fully explore any day but the content is so poorly designed he is choosing not to, just like myself. The no retreat path would be my only hindrance since the Shehulk nerf but I have Thing and Morningstar amongst other champs.
    So bc you tried with multiple champions and failed and I tried with multiple champions and finished exploration (along with the rest of 6.2), your opinion is now more valid than mine as well?

You're the only one arguing here man. No one is saying it's an easy fight at all. I hated every single pass. Some people are just saying it's more manageable than a lot of you are making it out to be.
  • Options
    AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★

16wegnerk said:

Agreed. I did my first run yesterday using my max sig 5* CapIW for the last 10%. Admittedly I did die a few times before getting the Champion to 10% so his persistent charges were at max, but good lord Cap took a lot of chip damage even when parrying. Wit a 20% health and 20% champion boost active. And don't even talk when parries failed to land and he took a whole lot of Block damage instead. Had to revive and heal to max about 4-5 times before I got him down.

CapIW is an amazing champ, but even with him blocking isn't a viable strategy. That is one fight I don't want to do again in a hurry.
  • Options

16wegnerk said:

So bc you tried with multiple champions and failed and I tried with multiple champions and finished exploration (along with the rest of 6.2), your opinion is now more valid than mine as well?

You're the only one arguing here man. No one is saying it's an easy fight at all. I hated every single pass. Some people are just saying it's more manageable than a lot of you are making it out to be.
    It is manageable for a select few. I think that's the point you're missing. "We" meaning me and you just happen to be in that very select bubble. Also, I haven't finished exploration by choice, not because I can't.

We can agree to disagree you can have the last words.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    I did all to defeat him, wasted units, a lot of free crystals, tears, dead fingers, but evade their specials 5 times with that block penetration is really hard, last 10% should be nerfed a bit, but, it's Kabam, they need entrance of resources wasted in one single Enemy, hacks and Pilot alliances don't care.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Markg25 said:

THING !!!!! Why’s everyone forgetting Thing 😂

Thing can literally cheese the hell out of the last 10%

• Options
    Rasilover said:

Markg25 said:

THING !!!!! Why’s everyone forgetting Thing 😂

Thing can literally cheese the hell out of the last 10%

On a few paths. There's a few he cant do as well.
  • Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    @will-o-wisp I agree with your OP. I’ve made 3 runs through 6.2.6. Easy path, six star gated path which leaves up Prove Yourself, and the Science gated path which leaves up No Retreat. I had zero fun getting through those runs as they were pretty frustrating. So I’ve done some of the harder paths but still not looking forward to doing the remaining ones for exploration. Dread would be a good description, LOL. Seems like the opposite effect a “game” should have. I’ll power through eventually hoping this chapter is the hardest of act 6. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the Champion was toned down a bit.
  • Options
    Sman74 said:

@will-o-wisp I agree with your OP. I’ve made 3 runs through 6.2.6. Easy path, six star gated path which leaves up Prove Yourself, and the Science gated path which leaves up No Retreat. I had zero fun getting through those runs as they were pretty frustrating. So I’ve done some of the harder paths but still not looking forward to doing the remaining ones for exploration. Dread would be a good description, LOL. Seems like the opposite effect a “game” should have. I’ll power through eventually hoping this chapter is the hardest of act 6. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the Champion was toned down a bit.

Have the hardest done with no retreat. Next most annoying for me was burden of might
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    I'm torn on this fight.

On one hand, it's total **** that you need one of thee champs at high rank, along with some good luck to even have a chance. That's just terrible game design. All of Act 6.2 is terrible game design, which is why I was able to get a Legends run for it in 9 days and 23 hours.

On the other hand, if you do have those champs the fight can be a pretty fun challenge. I happen to have a r5 SS and Beardo as well as a 6* Beardo so i was able to actually do the fight. Ended up with one solo with SS out of my 5 paths, which felt pretty great.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I'm torn on this fight.

On one hand, it's total **** that you need one of thee champs at high rank, along with some good luck to even have a chance. That's just terrible game design. All of Act 6.2 is terrible game design, which is why I was able to get a Legends run for it in 9 days and 23 hours.

On the other hand, if you do have those champs the fight can be a pretty fun challenge. I happen to have a r5 SS and Beardo as well as a 6* Beardo so i was able to actually do the fight. Ended up with one solo with SS out of my 5 paths, which felt pretty great.

you should watch the video above your post, you dont actually need any of the champs to have a chance, the total number of champs perceived to be able to do it is above 10, because they require low skill, but the champs that can with good skill is much higher.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Lormif said:

I'm torn on this fight.

you should watch the video above your post, you dont actually need any of the champs to have a chance, the total number of champs perceived to be able to do it is above 10, because they require low skill, but the champs that can with good skill is much higher.
    You're not taking into account the number of players who can do that are more limited than the number of champs who are top options for this fight. Only the most hardcore of players will explore this because it's not fun, in fact it's the opposite of fun. Let's ignore the fact that this is a video game, 6.2 is trash because it doesnt provide any amount of enjoyment to the player outside of being done with it. Great design on a video game when the only thing your players want from the content is to put it behind them 😂
    I had fun with all of 6.2 barring a few paths in 6.2.5 and most of the noded 6.2.6 fights
This discussion has been closed.