**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it time to introduce Deep Wounds type Masteries for Poison & Incinerate effects?

In the past few months, we've had a lot of new champions whose damage outputs depend on Poison and/or Incinerate effects. (For example, Human Torch, Mysterio, Claire Voyant, Sunspot).

Some of them may not benefit much from these masteries, but it'll certainly be a good bonus to some of the champions out there.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

• Xyresic_LemonXyresic_Lemon Posts: 125
    I think it would be interesting if they existed, but I don't think many people would get them unless they're huge fans of one of those champs you mentioned. I certainly wouldn't use them, there just aren't enough champs to make it worth both the points and the cores. If Kabam chooses to add more of those champs, then I could maybe see them doing this.

Alternatively, though, it would be really amazing if they made a deep wounds type mastery that applied to all DoT debuffs. Then bleed champs wouldn't have such a head-up on ones like HT and Mysterio. I would really like to see that.
  • BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    This would make abomination and human torch incredibly overpowered.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    That might be an idea for the blank Masteries. It would take some balancing.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Nah, poison and incinerate champs were designed without those in mind, and unless the numbers were extreme I can’t see people using them since there aren’t to many strong attackers with those debuffs
  • The ratio of bleed to other DoT is still very much in bleed’s favour. Out of the other forms of DoT, extra duration could make Nebula ridiculous - imagine an extra 2.5s on 40 shock charges. You just wouldn’t stop burning with Hyperion. It feels like non bleed DoT durations are longer than their bleed equivalents because of the lack of mastery, so you kind of have it built in.

I’d like to see a rework though, maybe instead of 5 levels of bleed enhancements you could unlock it fully in 3 and be able to activate a slightly diluted one for shock and incinerate or poison
  • CosagornCosagorn Posts: 84
    Nice idea. Maybe something like double egde or liquid courage mastery with incinerate and shock debuff would be good.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    They do have spots on the mastery set up that are coming done so maybe.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

They do have spots on the mastery set up that are coming done so maybe.

Unfortunately, these “coming soon” masteries are there as long as I can remember... and I have been playing this game for quite some years