**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aarkus, a dimensional being!!!!

Comments

• PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    I think this is more a case of mixed terminology that's now got them backed into a corner.

I understand "Dimensional Being" with regards to Blade's Danger Sense to be more about "Denizens of Hell" rather than a universal "Beings from another Dimension/Universe". The likes of Dormammu and Mephisto make sense as beings who would trigger this from Blade, Aarkus does not - IMO of course.

The likes of Hood vs Claire Voyant needs to be cleared up of course with exactly why one works while another doesn't, but overall the balance of the game needs to be maintained and that's what's being ATTEMPTED. If a key champion, more than literally ANYONE else, can completely mop the floor with what's supposed to be an at least somewhat difficult challenge, then that creates a ridiculous imbalance between those who have that champion and those that do not. I tried using Blade, he didn't work that well, I finished up with other champs.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    It's like corvus and company not being villains... makes no sense in game or outside of it, but here we are.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★

Blade gets danger sense against dimensional beings. The # is just supposed to tell us that said champ falls into a certain category. Vision obviously falls into the category of dimensional beings. Now we are supposed to accept that Blade's danger sense becomes active against dimensional foes who have been processed and designated as such with an Official Hashtag? Really lame. Get it fixed please @Kabam Miike

It is lame, and it’s obvious they didn’t tag him as such because they didn’t want Blade running thru him. But this is Kabam’s world and we are just visitors. They make the rules and we abide.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Miike, why choose to double down on something so trivial? All his copy only flat out says or implies that he's from another dimension and that's where his abilities come from. Why not just add the tag? What's it hurting to apply some rational consistency at this point? If you didn't intend to make him a dimensional being, why harp on it? It could just as easily been a zillion references to Smokeworld planet with no mentions of dimensional anything, problems solved.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I don’t get it?

You’re saying he IS a Dimensional Being.

So how can it be simple that he isn’t one?

@Kabam Miike seems there IS much more to it, no need to speak down to a member of the forums... go see the devs who have clearly stated and written that he is a dimensional being!!

They will just change the description, wanna bet?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Honestly Kabam right now has a unique opportunity and I'm curious. What makes you think a Champion should be designed as a Dimensional being? Is there like a thing they have to subscribe too, is it like a Santa naughty/nicr list, is it solely based on gameplay elements, if it's the last one what gameplay elements help decide it?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Repto23 said:

Lol they removed my first post so I'll play nicer

We accepted the tagging of #Villains as #Mercenary (like Sabertooth) and others as #Thanos Army (this one is really a joke) and so on but YOU wrote his description to include him going between dimensions (which was the defining trait to Dimensional beings) and now he isn't intended to be that? Sounds like a blatant Blade nerf

Blade isn't nerfed. Blade isn't changed at all. Blade is still Blade. If a champion isnt tagged as either Dimentional or Villain or part of the Mystic Class, doesn't mean its a nerf. It means he can't get Danger Sense. A nerf would mean Danger Sense no longer activates for the Mystic Class. Stop calling it a nerf when it isn't. Argue about the inconsistency with tagging but its not a nerf.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 733 ★★★
    You're nerfing the effectiveness of his abilities by excluding that one label. Does this effect any other champion other than blade? They are reducing someone's ability to fight (i.e nerfing)
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★

Repto23 said:

Lol they removed my first post so I'll play nicer

We accepted the tagging of #Villains as #Mercenary (like Sabertooth) and others as #Thanos Army (this one is really a joke) and so on but YOU wrote his description to include him going between dimensions (which was the defining trait to Dimensional beings) and now he isn't intended to be that? Sounds like a blatant Blade nerf

Blade isn't nerfed. Blade isn't changed at all. Blade is still Blade. If a champion isnt tagged as either Dimentional or Villain or part of the Mystic Class, doesn't mean its a nerf. It means he can't get Danger Sense. A nerf would mean Danger Sense no longer activates for the Mystic Class. Stop calling it a nerf when it isn't. Argue about the inconsistency with tagging but its not a nerf.
    Not a nerf, they're just dodging him. Why? Who knows? He's barely relevant even though he still puts in work most months for me in UC EQ.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★
    They are just tryna kill the blade hype train slowly
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,716 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

They are just tryna kill the blade hype train slowly

Blade hype train has been dead for some time
    It has been but they are just digging the grave deeper lol
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 733 ★★★
    Lol... if he wasn't bleed immune but just didn't take bleed damage or get the debuff than I would say it's broken, just like Aarkus
This discussion has been closed.