Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

17810121367

Comments

  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,139 ★★★

    dot_ditto said:


    When you have a Champion that wildly outdamages other Champions,

    Proof please ... if you're going to make claims like this, back it up with PROOF .. please.
    Otherwise we'll just assume you're making stuff up on the spot in a lame attempt to justify some random action.
    They have the data. They need to prove what exactly?
    I quoted the claim he made .. which - as of yet - is unsubstantiated ... if they have the data, then fine, have them post that so we can see the proof of that claim.

    Seems pretty straight forward .. what is it that YOU don't understand?
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    IDoge said:

    KoperBoy said:

    IDoge said:

    Damn the community is wild. Yall need to calm down. They never said that they would nerf him to the ground. Please look me in the eyes(metaphorically) and tell me a 400k sp3 every fight is balanced. You can't. Their goal is to balance him to the point where he is still the strongest damage dealer in the game but not as much. Yes I know his block proficiency is low but his utility is no joke. He can counter evade and autoblock, has armor break, and can parry projectiles. His ramp up is not even hard yall just need to get the champ for once or get good. Stop begging for everything to be easy and go your way. Hell they could even bump up his block profiency which would be a win win.

    Wow is this a troll post? Utility? His evade is still bugged, today Ultron evaded against my Cull with 5 charges. He is DEAD in the water against any damage over time nodes and stun immune champs, which comprises half the end game content. I mean, you worry about Cull's damage while Captain Sparkles deals 150k with her sp2? And let's not talk about Ghost and Namor, haha
    If you see a bug in the champ then report it dont complain about it. Captain marvel needs to constantly keep track of her binary charges to stay at that level and 150k is a stretch she cant hit that hard unless on the Icarus node. Namor needs to wait a bit and do multiple sp3s to get that hard hitting sp2. Ghost needs an extremely high level of skill to be played as well.
    Cull also needs 3 pretty harsh fights of ramp up without any solid utility or immunity
    While ghost has similar damage 10 times as much utility with an insane amount of immunity
    Namor has one of the best sig abilities in the game
    And if you think keeping track of cap marvels binary charges is difficult well wait till you get to act 6
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 10,383 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

    KoperBoy said:

    IDoge said:

    Ascoop24 said:

    IDoge said:

    Ascoop24 said:

    IDoge said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    IDoge said:

    Damn the community is wild. Yall need to calm down. They never said that they would nerf him to the ground. Please look me in the eyes(metaphorically) and tell me a 400k sp3 every fight is balanced. You can't. Their goal is to balance him to the point where he is still the strongest damage dealer in the game but not as much. Yes I know his block proficiency is low but his utility is no joke. He can counter evade and autoblock, has armor break, and can parry projectiles. His ramp up is not even hard yall just need to get the champ for once or get good. Stop begging for everything to be easy and go your way. Hell they could even bump up his block profiency which would be a win win.

    Proxima can do that and she takes ramp up, is she op? Nope, cull is just as impractical to ramp up as her in 6.2 and he required heavy attacks like proxima
    You say this like you know cull obisidian so well. Cull does not need missions to complete in fights. He is actually very simple. Just parry, heavy or bait heavy/special and counter with a heavy. Then when you apply enough armor breaks you get the rout buff and deal tons of burst damage. You act like cull is supposed to be an all around champ like ghost with that level of damage. Hilarious
    You sure you even play cull he has missions that’s how you get more thanos favors. And this is coming from someone with a r2 six star he isn’t practical for end game use. There should be rdt to see how he preforms after the “tuning”.
    I don't see how you can be complaining about a parry into a heavy. Just don't block attacks and you'll be fine. Certain matchups he could be at a disadvantage like punisher 2099 or nick fury but all champs have bad matchups
    Seriously where do you get your experience playing cull? Act 4? Act 5? You can’t just simply parry and heavy in endgame content. If the node doesn’t have stun immune it’s almost always got lumber and even if both of those aren’t there he takes so much block damage from parries. He just constantly needs health pots to top off. And now they are going to diminish the only thing going for him his damage.
    I only have a 5/50 version of him. Seen enough videos to know his block proficiency is only as bad as the player. This video sure looks like 5% damage every parry.

    So you pick one of rare bosses he is good against and try to make an argument? I can make an argument for 10 others that he can't touch.
    Not every champ can fight every boss in the game. Some will be at a disadvantage more than others depending on the node and abilities of the champ
    Yeah, that’s completely true, and that’s how champs are balanced to give more variety, and there you literally said cull doesn’t work for certain (lots of) nodes and fights, he doesn’t work for the problem fights, sure he can tear apart a matchup without nodes but any champ can clear those nodes, your post, the way i and most of the community read it, is just you countering your own points
  • DrZola said:

    WingTSE said:

    Why not just make champs that can counter balance those champs rather than constantly nerfing champs?

    When you have a Champion that wildly outdamages other Champions, and we start making content to counter that specific Champion, this harshly punishes every other Champion in game, and every Summoner that does not have that Champion.
    And that doesn’t go for half a dozen other champs who have been in game longer? Not going to name them, because we all know who they are. Many of them can do equivalent damage while taking far less damage and less time to ramp up.

    Dr. Zola
    Game developers do not generally rebalance things based on what they can do, but on what they actually do. The announcement states:
    After looking at our data across all the game modes we have determined that Cull Obsidian is out damaging every other high-damage Champion in the game.
    That means that no matter what you think the high damage champs are, when they look at the actual game logs, looking at all champions played by all players, Cull sits at the top of that list by a wide margin. Every other champion you think can do the same or more damage isn't in the actual game when played by actual players, at least that's what the statement explicitly says.

  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    IDoge said:

    DalBot said:

    Never ceases to amaze me the people who scream "CULL CAN'T DO 6.2 BECAUSE MERR"

    Y'all just silly

    Exactly
    Also cull can do some fights in 6:2 show me any1 who said he couldn’t I’d still say he can’t do a solid 75% of the fights
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 10,383 ★★★★★

    Where exactly is Cull OP? Don’t we deserve to see the actual data? I have him at rank 4, and although I love the champ, I rarely use him. Prove your data, or you may as well just be making stuff up.

    They should look at where the data is coming in from, yes it might say he’s killing fights really fast, but they’re the easy fights that aren’t problematic, and I wouldn’t be surprised if his bugged form was included in the data when he killed rol opponents in 8 hits
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 736 ★★★
    LOL .. did you guys miss the part where he said that Cull will remain one of the top damage dealer in the game?

    Stop getting your panties in a twist, just wait to see what the changes are first.

  • OwlkitOwlkit Posts: 35
    I appreciate the communication but it is vague. Not having specifics though is causing massive concern.
    We know that champs are going to be "balanced" after their release. But we have no idea what that will look like.

    Kabam: We are making Annihilus and Human Torch better. (Not telling you specifics.)
    Community: YAY!
    Kabam: We might lower some of the numbers for others.
    Community: Uh-oh! (start worrying about Cull and Namor)
    Kaban: We are improving Ebony Maw. (Again no specifics.)
    Community: Finally! What about Diablo? (Seriously he needs a reworking)
    Kabam: No changes for Ronin.
    Community: You mean the guy in Guardians of the Galaxy?
    Kabam: We think Cull has too much damage. We will "balance" him. (No specifics on what that is going to look like.)
    Community: (Having just come off the She-Hulk "adjustment") ARGHHH!

    Truly, it is hard to gauge because we haven't had a release of "balancing" changes yet. This lack of specificity is naturally causing people to freak out. I don't blame the people who have put tons of resources into getting and ranking Cull. Reassurances it won't be that bad are hard to take if they don't know exactly what that will look like.
    I actually have held off on Ranking up my Cull just because I was thinking this would happen. Same with Namor. While this plays out I've decided to spend far less on Featured Crystals and won't be ranking up champs to high ranks until I know they are safe from "balancing".

    My suggestion is when announcements about balancing happen that is comes with specifics and not a general sense of the changes.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 4,241 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    DrZola said:

    WingTSE said:

    Why not just make champs that can counter balance those champs rather than constantly nerfing champs?

    When you have a Champion that wildly outdamages other Champions, and we start making content to counter that specific Champion, this harshly punishes every other Champion in game, and every Summoner that does not have that Champion.
    And that doesn’t go for half a dozen other champs who have been in game longer? Not going to name them, because we all know who they are. Many of them can do equivalent damage while taking far less damage and less time to ramp up.

    Dr. Zola
    Game developers do not generally rebalance things based on what they can do, but on what they actually do. The announcement states:
    After looking at our data across all the game modes we have determined that Cull Obsidian is out damaging every other high-damage Champion in the game.
    That means that no matter what you think the high damage champs are, when they look at the actual game logs, looking at all champions played by all players, Cull sits at the top of that list by a wide margin. Every other champion you think can do the same or more damage isn't in the actual game when played by actual players, at least that's what the statement explicitly says.



    I think you lost me with that last sentence.

    Champs that damage like Cull (and I won’t name them because the last thing I want to do is put them in the crosshairs, although I’m confident you know which champs I mean) aren’t champs in the actual game played by actual players?

    Dr. Zola
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    IDoge said:

    Lvernon15 said:

    Where exactly is Cull OP? Don’t we deserve to see the actual data? I have him at rank 4, and although I love the champ, I rarely use him. Prove your data, or you may as well just be making stuff up.

    They should look at where the data is coming in from, yes it might say he’s killing fights really fast, but they’re the easy fights that aren’t problematic, and I wouldn’t be surprised if his bugged form was included in the data when he killed rol opponents in 8 hits
    You must have the data right... since you know he can't compete in endgame content. How about you try for once and post a video?
    How about you post a video?
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 736 ★★★

    I’m sorry. This is the final straw for me as well. After thinking and comparing for ages, I have very recently taken up Cull to R5, and I can assure you he’s a one trick pony. He deals damage. At that, he is really, really good. But he’s not game breaking in any way, shape or form. In fact, after having ranked him I don’t even think he’s necessarily in the top five. Useful for monthly events, sure makes light of those, and some tough fights after ramping him up, but not the be all, end all champion that some others (Blade springs to mind) were in the past. So many champs are objectively better.

    If this is yet another investment gone awry [I also took bugged Supreme as a six star to rank two] that’s finally it for me. I’m done. I don’t even want to go into great detail on this subject. It’s just not the way a game should be run. I find it entirely unbelievable that nobody in development knew how hard this champ would hit. That’s just inconceivable to me. If I design a jet engine, I shouldn't be surprised if it can power a plane. If I am, i should be sacked.

    Barring rank down tickets and additional compensation for anyone who spent a ton of time and/or units to get Cull, I will not spend another eurocent on this game. Pinky promise.

    Yeah but you did see the announcement that they'll re-tune champs after 3 months right? Wouldn't it have been prudent to have waited for the 3 months is up before R5 your Cull?

    Also they'd said Cull will still remain one of the top damage dealer, it's not like he's gonna be like Thor overnight.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,690 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019

    LOL .. did you guys miss the part where he said that Cull will remain one of the top damage dealer in the game?

    Stop getting your panties in a twist, just wait to see what the changes are first.

    Well they said that about doctor strange with the 12.0 nerfs
    There were changes to the entire system then, not just Champs. A number of effects followed that weren't expected, but necessary for the game. In this case, only the Champ is being altered, and they have 2 years of data to go on in terms of DR effects.
This discussion has been closed.