**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Degeneration counter

I did ultron variant 3.2 degen path (1.1% degen that is neither passive nor active) last night, and after searching forum couldn't find a counter (if there are aby, please enlighten me).

Although I'm an endgame player, I brought a 4* 4/40 unduped Ghulk to 3.2 to face starburst as I don't have a viable 5* starburst counter. My whole team was dead by the second fight so I figured use ghulk before team revive. FYI his face me mechanic does not trigger on this particular degen node.

Anyway, turns out that 1.1% degen is on a timer, and Ghulk survived the degen timer and I was able to solo Colossus with him. I guess the reason for this is that his health pool is so low that Salve (+recovery) masteries actually kept him alive past what the timer probably thinks is dead time.

Has anyone had any experience with this, and are there any champs that are viable for this approach? Appreciate in most scenarios you need to fight perfectly, but it sounds like a better alternative than unavoidable death every time. It actually works out on this particular path as there's power gain on the opponent so no need to intercept just bait all sp1s.

Comments

• MiggyMiggy Posts: 37
    Forgot to mention but obviously does this mean that all Regen champs will work for this, especially cosmic/science for variant 3.2? I suppose Angela might work well since she regens from losing health, but is it all too quick for her to catch up?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I used to use that Strat back in the day for poison over 60 sec nodes using gr, managed to sustain for a good 3 or 4 fights before eventually dying
    I've actually just test a 5*r3 Angela against that 3.2 degen and she can definitely solo it. I got as high as 9%hp by the end of degen then up to 25% hp until she was out of the queued up regens. Mind you it's a bit RNG based as that fight also has pilfer regeneration on. I wish someone told me that before I went and did it by using a few items...

I've also test a 4* 3/30 quake and again she survived the degen (with salve+recovery masteries) so any champ is viable as long as the health pool is low.
    Towards the start

After degen timer was out and Regen done

• WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    R5 your Gulk and chuck on boosts. Other alternatives as mentioned above is finish the fight as quick as possible/burst damage (Corvus).
    Tip for Gulk: Make sure your crowd excitement is at 100 when doing and Sp2 to get a stun where you can get another combo in.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Angela is the best for that node. Wil saves.
    I think Kabam needs to clarify it though, it seems to be 110% over 100 seconds, but the node description doesn't actually say it's on a timer...