**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming Cull Obsidian and Ebony Maw Balance Changes

Comments

• HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★

Now that's way too much
    1. She Hulk nerf
    2. Sym supreme nerf
    3. All champs that link heavys get nerf
    4. Now cull obsidian getting nerf
    5. And I am just waiting to get a nerf for magneto or hulkbuster maybe, right??

Since when She-Hulk was a Nerf (still a very good champion), the kabam has only taken one thing that was not in her description, the only one that can do a sequence of basic blows and then a heavy attack is Wasp , yes she has in the description she can do that.
    Symbiote Supreme has not been changed at all, it remains the same, only one thing in its description has been fixed that does not change anything in the gameplay.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    So, now it’s possible you’ll have to ramp up Cull to get the same damage you could get from other champs right out of the gate. Why bother? Still good for evade and some other stuff, but...eh. He still looks awesome.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    What I don't understand is that culls ramp up takes longer than pretty much any other champ in the game so no duh he is going to outdamages others so why is Kabam so surprised by Cull outdamaging others
    The kabam is right in balancing the champions, champions with absurd damage can break the game, the problem is that it was supposed to have NERF before, stop crying and think about the good of the game, accept it, many old champions need BUFF, but It's not because they need BUFF, that new ones with absurd damage don't need a NERF.
  • I expect a rank down ticket for the resources used on my rank 2 6* CO, also expect the units back I spent on crystals, promise you this will be the last penny you see from me and many others if this is the direction you're starting to go. He was well past the due date for "adjusting"....
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Then the summoner sigil came and messed up f2p players.

How exactly does the sigil mess up f2p players? That makes no sense to me. I’m free to play. I’m glad people buy the sigil and haven’t noticed being messed up by it.
  • F1TLYFEF1TLYFE Posts: 56
    Adman0726 said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos I have a significant concern about nerfing Cull Obsidian. Why? I spent significant dollars (and I mean significant $) dollars to aquire him as 6* in premium crystal offering.

1. Will there be rank down tickets?
    2. How do you compensate summoners who spent serious cash expecting to a champion they ultimately did not get? Expectations were set based on videos and testing...

Since there's so much uncertainty now with champions (being nerfed) you won't find me investing further in acquiring any champion. This is the risk you pose with balance changes... I am fine buffing champs but only okay nerfing champs if you can offer refunds for money spent on a champion they ultimately do not get. This is a big problem.

I'm with you on this one I spent serious amount on a 6 star duped from those Volcanic Crystals. I am ashamed to specify the amount ....
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    IDoge said:

IDoge said:

IDoge said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

As someone who also spent to get Namor, Stelthy and Claire in addition to Cull I'm very worried that all that was just for a few months before they're nerfed.

Yeah but they've told you that there'd be rebalancing right? It's on you as to whether you choose to spend the money going forward?

Also don't forget that the good news is champs that aren't up to par like Ebony Maw are going to get a buff as well - so you do get that assurance on the other side of the spectrum.

How can they be more transparent than that?
    What you said makes no sense @RagamugginGunner saI'd he spent for champs like Namor and they never announcedid these rebalances until after he came out so how is that fair in any way
    I said "going forward".
    Still doesn't change the fact that @RagamugginGunner paid for Namor expecting him to work as portrayed but now there is a chance he is gonna get nerfed so where is the transparency there
    There'll always be certain champs that fall through the cracks with these things, but the good news is that going forward rebalancing is good for the game overall.
    Yeah rebalances are nice if it's actually needed like why does Cull need he has no utility no health and no block proficiency all he has is damage and they are gonna nerf the only thing he is good at for what reason and not even that he has his fair share of counters to like limber,masochism, fisticuffs, etc.
    The thing is, without his counters, he simply outputed way too much damage. 50k mediums, 200k sp2s, and 400k sp3s. There's no stopping him if there are no nodes against his abilities.
    In his 4th fight on a quest, sure. I can do 600k damage with my domino in a minute, and I can do it nearly every fight. Nick Fury can do a million bleed damage in a couple minutes. The list goes on and on.
    It really doesn't. Nobody's damage output compares to cull besides pre 12.0 OG Thor. I remember people screamed he was balanced back then too but he really wasnt
    Yes, it does. Let’s say we each have 5 fights to get through. Speed run. There are many champs that would downright smash Cull. That can put out way more damage and can do it faster. When you get him built up he’s a beast, but even then if you can’t land your armor breaks he’s not all that. ultimately that’s a lot of damage and time lost.

I do have a 4/55 Cull sig 150, so I’m not just blowing smoke.
    That's the exact reason they are nerfing him... because of the damage he can output with the 8-10 charges. No champ in the game comes near that damage. This is not about speed runs, this about the strength of a champ in certain areas of the game once fully ramped up. You don't see VtD or Aegon doing this damage fully ramped. Neither corvus nor sabretooth nor Sentry who is another persistant charge champ. With Aegon... he needs hundreds of hits to get to a level considered godly. With VtD... you need 3 fights to consume your buffs but his damage isn't top tier by any means he is mainly for utility. Corvus may have immunities and a cheat death for scrub mistakes but his damage still comes no where near. Same goes for Sentry and Sabretooth who need multiple fights and high combo meters. All cull obsidian needs to do is win 3 fights if played well and he is at that OP level.
    I know his power, and he can do big damage for sure. However, I run suicides, so he kinda just sits there now unfortunately. He’s not viable for me.

My main problem is how they determined that it was too much. We have no idea how they evaluate champs.

Also, the running of the Maw/Cull crystal while withholding the pending changes. I’ve mentioned it a few times with little response, because everybody knows it’s deceitful.

I spent $400 to get Cull. I also whaled out and dropped a grand for Warlock and Claire. Crazy I know, but I freaked out a bit. Maybe a couple of whiskeys involved.

I just took Warlock to 5/65, and I’d like to do the same for Claire.

I have no idea if these champs will remain the same in a few months, so what did I buy? Maybe a rank down ticket, but probably not?

Maybe they care, maybe they don’t, but if the people who make these decisions are reading this, then I have this to say.... I will not purchase anything else in this game, because I have no assurance that the picture on the box is what is actually in the box. Plain and simple. And it takes a hell of a lot of time and work to get champs to that level.

Take it for what it’s worth from a small time, small whale.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    IDoge said:

And if you were expecting a change to his block proficiency you can't be suprised his damage would have to be toned down for that to happen.

I’m pretty sure most are fine if they bumped up his block proficiency to trade off with the damage output rebalance...
  • Zuro said:

Boa noite! Isto é um absurdo! Eu trabalho muito para aprimorar meus heróis! O Cull obsidian não pode ser nerfado! É um desrespeito com os players! O investimento realizado no campeão! Se isso ocorrer, analisarei a viabilidade de mover ação judicial contra a Kaban! Isso é um DESRESPEITO!!!

Translation:Good night! This is absurd! I work hard to improve my heroes! Cull obsidian can't be nerfed! It's a disrespect for the players! The investment made in the champion! If this happens, I will consider the feasibility of filing a lawsuit against Kabam! This is a disrespect !!!
    Let me preview this lawsuit for those considering it.

Lawyer: Player A, did you read the terms of service?
    Player A: Yes I did.
    Lawyer: Did you read the part under the section "Right to Modify" that says Kabam has the right to modify the service at any time?
    Player A: Yes, but that's not fair: I don't think that's right.
    Lawyer: So you disagree with that clause.
    Player A: Yes, I do.
    Lawyer: So you didn't agree to the terms of service, and you thus have no valid agreement to play the game. Why did you play the game if you didn't agree to all the terms of the agreement. That's theft of service.
    Player A: But they cheated me!
    Lawyer: How can they cheat someone who was stealing access to the service in the first place? You had no right to anything at all if you were stealing the service.

The question of what's reasonable here is open for discussion. But for those who think *claiming* to be considering a lawsuit or *claiming* to be talking to a lawyer means anything, it doesn't. I doubt you could convince a lawyer to take the case, but if you happen to find a lawyer brave or crazy enough to do so, the first thing this lawyer will do is tell you to stop talking, because everything you say here on the forums or elsewhere can be collected by discovery and used against you. The only way you can demonstrate you're serious about attempting a lawsuit is to disappear. If you're still here, you're bluffing.
    What is even considered too much damage?
  • I put in an awakening gem and 80 sigs.. will kabam return this when they nerf him?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

What is even considered too much damage?

That's proprietary information that could be used for evil purposes to hack the matrix, so you can't have it. We can only say Cull has it, Maw doesn’t.
    DNA3000 said:

Zuro said:

Boa noite! Isto é um absurdo! Eu trabalho muito para aprimorar meus heróis! O Cull obsidian não pode ser nerfado! É um desrespeito com os players! O investimento realizado no campeão! Se isso ocorrer, analisarei a viabilidade de mover ação judicial contra a Kaban! Isso é um DESRESPEITO!!!

Translation:Good night! This is absurd! I work hard to improve my heroes! Cull obsidian can't be nerfed! It's a disrespect for the players! The investment made in the champion! If this happens, I will consider the feasibility of filing a lawsuit against Kabam! This is a disrespect !!!
    Let me preview this lawsuit for those considering it.

Lawyer: Player A, did you read the terms of service?
    Player A: Yes I did.
    Lawyer: Did you read the part under the section "Right to Modify" that says Kabam has the right to modify the service at any time?
    Player A: Yes, but that's not fair: I don't think that's right.
    Lawyer: So you disagree with that clause.
    Player A: Yes, I do.
    Lawyer: So you didn't agree to the terms of service, and you thus have no valid agreement to play the game. Why did you play the game if you didn't agree to all the terms of the agreement. That's theft of service.
    Player A: But they cheated me!
    Lawyer: How can they cheat someone who was stealing access to the service in the first place? You had no right to anything at all if you were stealing the service.

The question of what's reasonable here is open for discussion. But for those who think *claiming* to be considering a lawsuit or *claiming* to be talking to a lawyer means anything, it doesn't. I doubt you could convince a lawyer to take the case, but if you happen to find a lawyer brave or crazy enough to do so, the first thing this lawyer will do is tell you to stop talking, because everything you say here on the forums or elsewhere can be collected by discovery and used against you. The only way you can demonstrate you're serious about attempting a lawsuit is to disappear. If you're still here, you're bluffing.
    Sent well, everything is subject to change, if something is not as it was meant to be, then it has to have change, to be what it was meant to be.
  • F1TLYFEF1TLYFE Posts: 56

I spent well over 30,000 units to get him as a 6star. I expect to be financially reimbursed for this.
    I expect rank down and compensation.
    All the units I spent to get feature crystals reimbursed.
    What a joke. I'm absolutely filthy.
    I will never spend a cent more in this game unless I am compensated in the right manner.
    I'm sure you track how much I spent on these crystals.

You've had enough time to make changes through beta and live testing.

P.s how many tier 1 to 3 wars use cull little to none.

I believe they know and track each and every crystal opening and every purchase we have made etc. And what we did with the units. Kabam is not a stupid company.... So I'm sure they would have all our spendings, crystal openings, what champions we got, and etc. On file.....
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Kabam,

You keep failing more with every patch and every champion.

Poor communication.
    Poor Alpha testing.
    Poor Beta testing.
    Poor response to feedback.
    Poor response to bugs that hurt your customer base while you immediately fix ones that take away from padding your bottom line.
    Each patch introduces more bugs than they fix.

I highly recommend you apologize to the community, put content on hold for a month or two while you fix EVERY major bug in the game presently, use the added time to actually test the new upcoming characters properly so you do not have to make "adjustments", let alone long after the champions are in the basic pool and supposedly "safe". No champion is safe from being "adjusted" if they allow people to progress too easily through content, in your opinion. You think this will cause people to spend more? Hell no!

Had you bothered to check, while Cull has good damage, he has zero utility or block proficiency. No immunities. No healing. No power control. No heal block. And he relies heavily on his heavy, usually via parry stunning. He is a potion hog. I have him at R4 and have used him maybe twice in the last month. Virtually useless compared to other champs for Ch6 or Variant content. Even for farming RoL for potions, he is subpar compared to SL. The average number of hits to clear RoL is LESS with SL than a Cull - and you take less damage doing it with SL. OP? No. Ghost? Yes. Corvus? Yes. Blade? Yes.

This is going to really harm any faith you had left with the community, and DEFINITELY your bottom line.
  • F1TLYFE said:

I spent well over 30,000 units to get him as a 6star. I expect to be financially reimbursed for this.
    I expect rank down and compensation.
    All the units I spent to get feature crystals reimbursed.
    What a joke. I'm absolutely filthy.
    I will never spend a cent more in this game unless I am compensated in the right manner.
    I'm sure you track how much I spent on these crystals.

You've had enough time to make changes through beta and live testing.

P.s how many tier 1 to 3 wars use cull little to none.

I believe they know and track each and every crystal opening and every purchase we have made etc. And what we did with the units. Kabam is not a stupid company.... So I'm sure they would have all our spendings, crystal openings, what champions we got, and etc. On file.....
    I feel compelled to point out the obvious: Kabam is a company, not a person. Kabam the company obviously keeps records of all transactions. The game itself keeps logs of everything that happens. However, the moderators have no idea who anyone is unless you've communicated with them personally. They have no idea what your in-game identity is, much less your real life identity. They have no idea who you are or how much you spend.

The developers certainly have no knowledge of who you are and what you spend. They aren't even allowed to touch the live servers directly, much less yank information out of them, much less yank personal financial data out of them. They also have no idea who you are or what you've spent.

Maybe the financial people, possibly the monetization people either know or have access to that information, maybe. There are regulations that govern who has access to that kind of information. Regardless I doubt if any of those people actually read the forums. Most game operators and back office people don't.

"Kabam" knows, but no single human being is likely to be able to connect a forum post to a game account to a human being to a spending record.
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    I do not want rdt. I want cull to stay as he is.
    I wouldn't even say Cull outdamages all champs I say he comes head to head with the top champs
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

If i had a nickel for every time this community overreacted, I'd be richer than Bezos.

This is definitely true. I wont say I'm not concerned but I'm not gonna get worked up until I see what's been changed and what options or "compensation" those with Cull are given.
This discussion has been closed.