**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Challenger Rating . . . Global Nerf. . . . and 6 stars

Look for everyone out there, the current 5 stars are too powerful under the modified post 12.0 World. When 12.0 originally rolled out it was a giant Nerf to every champs and Super Nerf to some of our most favorites like DS, SW, and Thor. Well that didn't go over too well so Kabam is introducing 6 stars which based on the still in tact challenge rating system will basically accomplish the global Nerf that they were looking for originally on 12.0 They still don't get it, they don't need global Nerfs, they actually need to radically unbalance the game as opposed to driving toward a "super balanced state". Let me explain . . . . There should be champions that just have no way of defeating other champions. Like abomination should have super strong poison, and your ability to defeat him with out a poison immune champ should be slim. Electro should be immune to all energy damage, or have some ability where small amounts of energy damage heal him, but large amounts cause him to overload . . . Point is, that is how you create actual balance, by having super powerful extremes that cancel each other out. Currently the game is devolving into a perfect fighting, special baiting, clown show, where the most deadly thing is the node buff the arbitrarily decide to place on a spot in AQ, AW or Quest. It isn't fun. Then as soon as you have 1 bug or lag issue, in this 1 punch combo death game state, you die in a rage of frustration. The best content they have developed is RoL, it is still very enjoyable to play. Which is odd, because it is some of the oldest content.

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Given that some of us haven't ranked any 4s to 5/50 let alone ranked up any 5s because of the lack of availability of t4cc I hope they introduce a new level of class cats and loosen up on the t4cc but I doubt it...
  • SpielernameSpielername Posts: 132
    @Rap there's always a shortage in someway. Either it's gold or basic / class catalysts or alphas or even Champions to rank up. The point is you should grow and adapt. T4c are much more available then they used to be and you even have the option to buy a good amount of shards in the glory store. For me i need tons of basics or t2 alphas since i'm not even opening my t4c crystals anymore since they just would straight run out. You can't expect to get it handed to you, just grow and it will come over time
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    I'm with the op cr is a cop out mechanic. Never cared for it. I find it extremely odd that Thor sw wolverine ds etc won't be 5&6* champs even after there nerf? One has to wonder.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    I'm with the op cr is a cop out mechanic. Never cared for it. I find it extremely odd that Thor sw wolverine ds etc won't be 5&6* champs even after there nerf? One has to wonder.

They have not said who will and won't be available as 6* champs yet.
    True but you really think they would? That hilarious. They nerfed them and won't make them 5* so they will make them 6*? Happy wishing
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    True but you really think they would? That hilarious. They nerfed them and won't make them 5* so they will make them 6*? Happy wishing

I'd rather wait and see instead of making a premature rush to judgment. Besides maybe the 6*s that are released will be even better than the old guard god tier champs. It's worthless complaining about something that is months away anyways.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    Excellent post. Throwing out 6* reeks of laziness. There's nothing fun for the players in collecting the same champs over and over again. We haven't had any new alliance content since Alliance Wars were introduced 1.5 years ago.

Beyond all that; fix the damn bugs before launching garbage labeled as progression.
    Yup we won't add bases but will make 6* trash cans. This is kabam.
  • winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    Future of the game is mythical.......what is the use in having an ultra powerful, impossibly attainable 6* that you could hopefully use for LoL act 3, when they still can't parry, they evade when they want, and their Sig ability only works 1/4 of the time?
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    It is all about challenger rating, it is the very very subtle way for them to install the same content but have it play much harder because they essentially Nerfed everything you own by adding 1 Star. I just don't see the whales coming out with the intensity they did in the past. All they need to do is drop t4cc in AQ down to the top 1000 or so alliances and add t2a's and t5bs for the top 300. That would jump start competition again. You have to make it worth it for some alliance trying to jump up with Map 6.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    And make map 6 sustainable, have it pay out gold and bc so it can fund itself. Then it becomes a skill/money game, that is what kabam should ultimately want, pretty much kills prestige though which is also solid revenue stream.