**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank down ticket proposal

I'm aware this topic has been argued many times over on the forums by now, but I want propose a solution that I have not seen discussed yet. Hopefully someone from kabam will see this as an idea to expand on.
I think we can all agree the game has shifted quite a bit since 12.0 and the spark of the initial rank down ticket issue. Champions have been reworked, buffed, toned down, and even nerfed in some people's eyes. With the assessment/adjustment period of these new champs being announced I see this RDT issue coming up quite a bit in the near future.
My proposed solution would be to make rank down tickets available for purchase in the store tab in game. For a unit price of let's say 2000 units, a purchase limit of 1 (one RDT, not one of each rarity), and a refresh timer of 6 months. This meaning that summoners would have the option available to obtain the means of ranking down ONE champion every six months if they so choose. With rank up materials and gold from the rank up cost being returned to the players. Iso and gold associated with leveling a champ would not be returned.
I dont view this as some wild request to get easy materials in game. There are some costs and decision making involved with this suggestion. Champion rebalances are far more common, and needed in some cases, than they ever were around the time of patch 12.0. Also in the year following that patch, kabam gave out rdt's around the holidays incase we made a rank up decision we were no longer happy with that year. That leads me to believe this idea would be fairly easy to implement and well received among the community.
I do want to make it a point to say I am not personally affected by the she-hulk or cull obsidian changes. And though I have made it well into the endgame stage of this game my account was not big enough to really take advantage of the compensation given after 12.0. I just think this would be a good middle ground solution for players and company to agree on for any changes that may be necessary to champions in the future.

Comments

• Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    This has been proposed many many many times. Many times alone just in the cull and she hulk threads.

🐻
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I really don't motivation for that. I can't remember anyone saying smth like "I ranked a bad champ, now I have a better one, give me rdt". Rdts are requested only when kabam makes changes to champs, the problem is t0 gives rdts only when they get a lot of rage from community. Basically it means that if some popular champ nerfed, you have higher chances to get those rdts, like it was with shulk and later more same exact nerf for 10+ champs without any rdt handed.
    The other thing is say they nerf 3 of my top champs and none of yours.
    Finally, I don't think locking rdts behind paywall is good for those who really need those materials back
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Am I crazy to think that since Rank Down is now one of the available options on the filters list on the Champions list it suggests that they might become available more frequently than they have in the past? Otherwise, why waste the man-hours required to code it?

Or have I done too many drugs and that's always been there?
  • Options
    @Wubbie075 I THINK that has always been there. Although I could be wrong.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I love the idea but it will not happen. With that type of power you can rank down any champ and immediate get any new champ you want to the highest level with no wait in resources. Kabam wouldn't approve.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Wubbie075 said:

Am I crazy to think that since Rank Down is now one of the available options on the filters list on the Champions list it suggests that they might become available more frequently than they have in the past? Otherwise, why waste the man-hours required to code it?

Its there because of the rank down tickets for She Hulk. Once those are gone, it will disappear.
  • Options
    Chuckd103Chuckd103 Posts: 4
    @Aleor the concept isnt so much for "I ranked a bad champ, now I want my resources back" but for instance my first r4 was ultron because he was my best option with t2a expiring. Now that I have 3 other double immune champs at r4 or higher, it might be worth "X" amount of units to be able to have those resources back. Another example would be aegon for the purpose of exploring LOL but doesn't get much use after that. There is still a cost associated with it, that someone would have to decide whether or not it would be worth it to get those resources back.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Wubbie075 said:

Its there because of the rank down tickets for She Hulk. Once those are gone, it will disappear.
    Seems like a lot of work for such a specific situation. Do people find it so difficult to find their She-Hulks in their roster that they need this to help them?

Although, upon further consideration, I guess it could have been coded for the previous more extensive time(s) the RDTs were available and just reactivated for this. I can't remember if it was there or not back then.