**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let’s Settle This... Are 5* Sig Stones Common or Uncommon

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
There’s a discussion going on right now and it doesn’t really belong in the thread it’s in. I wanted to see what the community thinks about this, so tell us, do you think 5* sig stones are common or uncommon in the game?

To clarify when I say “uncommon” I’m not talking about the frequency at which we see them. I’m talking about the quantity. Also I’m specifically talking about stones that you get through natural means of playing the game, not the ones available through deals that cost money.

Please discuss in the comments but keep the thread on track.

Let’s Settle This... Are 5* Sig Stones Common or Uncommon 236 votes

5* sig stones are common (enough in the game)
16%
ChadhoganWolverDominatorTimone147Batman05KDoggg2017adqqedfyvrWardenclockJim0172OrcDovahkiinSpiderCoolsOsfan8FR33_HUG5Duke_SilverWorknprogress10or_StrongJohn757DarthPhalspaceoctopusFhfjghhggggjfhfjgDjin 39 votes
5* sig stones are uncommon (not enough in the game)
83%
Vdh2008RektorRagamugginGunnerMcord11758thetaman23Kenny292LeNoirFaineantBitterSteelrazielMagicBentonRaganatorNinjAlanThe_Greatest_OneSpity68ZENFrostyCarnage313LosspikRazorDevilbelli300 197 votes

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I say common because they are common enough. They shouldn’t be available to the level of 4* stones but I still get a good amount every month.

You need to give Kabam something to sell. I would rather it be sig stones then something more valuable
  • 5* sig stones are uncommon (not enough in the game)
    They certainly are not as common as 4* Sig Stones. Much like @PeterQuill I have been allocating 5* Sig Stones for almost 3 years, and have only 54× Cosmic Sig Stones (only Class I've yet to awaken a champ with). They come a bit faster these days for F2P, but not nearly as plentiful as 3 or 4* Sig Stones.

An increase to the influx of 5* Sig stones seems to be gradual, but not quite notable to be honest. There's also the recent addition of 'Feature Items' being available for purchase via Units that pop up for 3 days at a time. If that occurs more often, I'd say they'd be a bit a more common. However, as it currently stands, the influx is relatively limited for many F2P players.
  • FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    They are far too less unless u spend in this game. Kabam must make them more available through content/daily milestones or through unit based deals like the ones they had few months back for 1.5k units.

Most of the new 5*'s need high sig to be good and 5*'s need double the sig level as well.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

😂 if polls could define reality the world might be a better place; or worse depending on which way the wind was blowing.

I’m currently looking at a f2p roster and I count 7 max sig champs with 2 at 150+ and another one about to be 150+ after he opens his 102 sig stone crystals. That’s 1500+ stones on the account.

They’re there regardless of perception.

One f2p roster does not set the standard for all accounts in the game. One data point is not enough to determine something with any sort of accuracy. Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and then we can talk.
    One data point is all that’s needed to illustrate the availability of an item in game over time.

“Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and we can talk” you’re killing me man. Do you think about what you’re saying before you type?
    Werewrym said:

From what I estimate, we get 15 a month through EQ. And being quite generous lets say you place top 30 in alliance 3-day events half of the month and on average you get 3 sig stones per 3-day event. Thats a total of 30 sig stones a month. Already we're being quite generous with the /month sig stone accumulation. On top of that you only have a 1/6 chance of getting any specific class of sig stone. Running the numbers this means that, on average (bearing in mind we are already being very generous), a player will be able to max sig a champ from sig level 1-200 in around 40 months. That is outrageous.

Ignoring all other sources is what is outrageous; to the point of being comical.

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

From what I estimate, we get 15 a month through EQ. And being quite generous lets say you place top 30 in alliance 3-day events half of the month and on average you get 3 sig stones per 3-day event. Thats a total of 30 sig stones a month. Already we're being quite generous with the /month sig stone accumulation. On top of that you only have a 1/6 chance of getting any specific class of sig stone. Running the numbers this means that, on average (bearing in mind we are already being very generous), a player will be able to max sig a champ from sig level 1-200 in around 40 months. That is outrageous.

Ignoring all other sources is what is outrageous; to the point of being comical.

I ignored all sources that are not sustainable... When determining a rate of accumulation you can't very well include a source that has no renewability.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

😂 if polls could define reality the world might be a better place; or worse depending on which way the wind was blowing.

I’m currently looking at a f2p roster and I count 7 max sig champs with 2 at 150+ and another one about to be 150+ after he opens his 102 sig stone crystals. That’s 1500+ stones on the account.

One f2p roster does not set the standard for all accounts in the game. One data point is not enough to determine something with any sort of accuracy. Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and then we can talk.
    One data point is all that’s needed to illustrate the availability of an item in game over time.

“Show me 100 f2p accounts like this and we can talk” you’re killing me man. Do you think about what you’re saying before you type?
    It is possible to have a discussion without being rude you know? It's fine that you don't agree but that doesn't require you to be so aggressive in your posts. I don't appreciate the insults.

And as far as using one data point goes, I can, in fact, confirm that using only one data point is highly inaccurate and produces skewed results when coming to a conclusion. Anyone that is involved in some form of research can confirm this.
    One data point in this case is accurate bc it shows the amount anyone could have gotten within the game.
    Batman05 said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

It is possible to have a discussion without being rude you know? It's fine that you don't agree but that doesn't require you to be so aggressive in your posts. I don't appreciate the insults.

And as far as using one data point goes, I can, in fact, confirm that using only one data point is highly inaccurate and produces skewed results when coming to a conclusion. Anyone that is involved in some form of research can confirm this.
    One data point in this case is accurate bc it shows the amount anyone could have gotten within the game.
    I understand the argument, but I still don't agree with it. This doesn't take into account a number of factors that could skew the data. Things like placing high in rank rewards on 3-day events consistently, how long someone has been playing the game, or how much time they dedicate to the game has a huge impact on the number of sig stones one has accumulated. I guarantee most players are not in this situation and saying that "since one person has done it everyone else can" is a flawed argument because it fails to account for many things.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Batman05 said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

I really hope you arent taking statistics in your higher studies
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98
    I’ve done every event with sig stonesand still don’t have a max sig 5* with my 6th r5 coming
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

Batman05 said:

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

I really hope you arent taking statistics in your higher studies
    It shows there availability. No it doesn’t mean that every player will be able to get that many. Just like the gold debate. Not every player will be able to obtain millions of gold but it is offered in the game.
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Sorry if you feel I’m being rude but asking me to show you 100 f2p accounts deserves ridicule. It’s an impossible task as very few F2P players showcase their progression and you know it, to me that’s insulting so please refrain from insulting me, you know you can have a colorful disagreement without taking offense right?

One data point is all that’s needed to show availability over time, period. There are no results to be skewed they were earned in game without spending a penny, that is what is available for any player to earn and it cannot be any simpler than that.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    The make too much money off sig stones. That is why they removed them from rewards.

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Sorry if you feel I’m being rude but asking me to show you 100 f2p accounts deserves ridicule. It’s an impossible task as very few F2P players showcase their progression and you know it, to me that’s insulting so please refrain from insulting me, you know you can have a colorful disagreement without taking offense right?
    Of course its an impossible task, it's supposed to be. My point is just because one account has a certain amount of something doesn't mean that is the norm or should be set as the standard for all other accounts. If a decision would be made on whether to increase the amount of 5* sig stones we can obtain in the game I guarantee no decisions will be made off of one account.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

All free to play accounts get the same level of content, so the frequency is the same for them all, so they do establish the standard.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Unless you're talking about the ones you can buy.

Unless you're talking about the ones you can buy.

I wasn’t, basically only talking about ones you can obtain naturally in the game. I realize if we include offers than 5* sig stones would definitely be classified as a “common” item in the game.
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

All free to play accounts get the same level of content, so the frequency is the same for them all, so they do establish the standard.
    No they do not because depending on how much you play you can gain more units and depending on your alliance you get access to different rewards. One f2p account does not set the standard at all.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

No they do not because depending on how much you play you can gain more units and depending on your alliance you get access to different rewards. One f2p account does not set the standard at all.
    We are talking about if it is common in the game, not if it is common to the people who play 2 minutes a month.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Sure all f2p have access to the same content, but picking one arbitrary account and saying that is the norm for all f2p accounts is absurd. Especially with so many factors influencing the number of sig stones they may have accumulated in their time playing the game.
    Except it is not, because we are not talking about the amount an account has, but if the game provides it frequently. You can therefore pick a f2p account that does have plenty and say that it is therefore common. If we were talking about paid accounts then you would have a point but we are not. A single account can show if it is frequent enough, but not the opposite.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    RNG also plays a big roll in this issue. That's why u cant look at just 1 account and say everyone can get that many. Some ppl on side quests can get sig stones while others got items like a few shards. Sometimes u cant complete content because u are missing the few specific counters to a certain fight so u miss out. Then that person doesnt have the ability to earn the same rewards as others who may have a fuller roster or r just lucky and have the right champs
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

We are talking about if it is common in the game, not if it is common to the people who play 2 minutes a month.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Sure all f2p have access to the same content, but picking one arbitrary account and saying that is the norm for all f2p accounts is absurd. Especially with so many factors influencing the number of sig stones they may have accumulated in their time playing the game.
    Except it is not, because we are not talking about the amount an account has, but if the game provides it frequently. You can therefore pick a f2p account that does have plenty and say that it is therefore common. If we were talking about paid accounts then you would have a point but we are not. A single account can show if it is frequent enough, but not the opposite.
    Regardless a f2p account doesn't represent the whole because it depends on how much 5 star crystals you get. They can get natural dups and play arena frequently as well. So time absolutely matters outside of availability. Just to be clear when you look at a f2p account there's no way to tell if dups didn't play a roll on their prestige.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Only way they're common is if you buy every sig deal. Otherwise it takes a long time to get a bunch