**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Solution for double rewards on Boss Rush

CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
The most logical solution I can see to allow everyone a fair crack at the same rewards is to do the following:
- Send an in-game mail with a reset token for the boss rush challenge
- the in-game mail should be sent everyone except those that have two boss rush titles or have one boss rush title and have their current progress in the challenge at 0% (because they've already been reset).
- it assumes that you have to collect a different title each run (you can't have only one title from two runs... I don't know if this is true)
- the reset is one use only. It sets progress back to 0%.

This solves the following issues:
- People don't lose rewards for content they've legitimately completed.
- Everyone has a chance at the same rewards with no one getting "free" rewards for content they haven't done. In other words, zero runs = 0 shards, 1 run = 10,000 and 2 runs = 20,000 and that's it.

The only concern is whether Kabam have the time to get something like this in place before the boss rush is over (or if they will extend it). And whether or not they want to appease the community.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    The community is generally already appeased except for a few people.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

Thing is you do not need to complete the challenge for multiple titles, you just need to collect the gift.

Hmmm - forgot about that. In which case you would be screwing over a sample of people that keep collecting the titles but never beat Taskmaster. I would hazard a guess that that sample size is much smaller than all the others combined.

I get your point about mitigating errors. And in that case some companies will "honor" an incorrect price or cancel the order, but obviously don't accept new orders.

Thank you for taking the effort to reply, instead of just hitting disagree.
    Lormif said:

The community is generally already appeased except for a few people.

It was just an idea. Because it seemed like we had people saying:
    1) Take away the cheaters rewards! (Which is not representative at all, since it wasn't an exploit)
    2) Give me free rewards even though I didn't do the work
    3) Do nothing, because a 5* is not that big a deal. (Which is relative, because a mid tier player could benefit a lot from a good pull).
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Thing is you do not need to complete the challenge for multiple titles, you just need to collect the gift.

A lot of similar things happen with other business. A store might have an error where they sell an item for less than cost due to error for a period of time allowing a group of people to save money but this doesn’t mean the business should continue to sell those items at less than intended price so that everyone who did not benefit does not feel left out.

This tbh.

When the new Final Fantasy 14 expansion released I decided to buy it, when I went to the online store I saw they had the Complete Edition (had the base game and all expansions including the new one) which was priced £35, they also had the Complete Edition Collectors Edition which came with a bunch of additional items, mounts which you would have to buy separately usually and other exclusive items not available to those who didn't buy the Collectors edition, also priced at £35.

I purchased the Collectors version for £35 (it should have been priced at almost double that at £65) and after my purchase I revised the store to show other people and they had already fixed the pricing issue back to its intended amount. There were people who missed out on the cheaper price but it's not the companies fault that those who didn't get the cheaper price earlier.

TL;DR it's not the companies fault, nor the fault of anyone who benefitted from the mistake, that people who didn't get the same benefit missed that opportunity.
    Gigi said:

The solution I see is: stop crying and move on.

I just provided a solution. I'm not up in arms trying to tear Kabam a new one. Just chill.
    Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

I just provided a solution. I'm not up in arms trying to tear Kabam a new one. Just chill.
    A solution searching for a problem.
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

That's not accurate. Because a mistake was actually made. I'm not trying to solve something that didn't happen.
    A mistake being made does not always necessitate a solution, it does not always mean there is a problem in need of fixing.
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

That's not accurate. Because a mistake was actually made. I'm not trying to solve something that didn't happen.
    A mistake being made does not always necessitate a solution, it does not always mean there is a problem in need of fixing.
    Agreed. It also doesn't mean a solution can't be offered. Take it or leave it with the intent it was offered. Not saying specifically you, but this forum is worse than I remember it being.
    If you agree there may not be a problem in need of fixing, then that would make said solution a solution searching for a problem as I said previously
    Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

Agreed. It also doesn't mean a solution can't be offered. Take it or leave it with the intent it was offered. Not saying specifically you, but this forum is worse than I remember it being.
    If you agree there may not be a problem in need of fixing, then that would make said solution a solution searching for a problem as I said previously
    Now we are just talking in circles. I was a agreeing that a mistake doesn't "always" necessitate a solution. I can still offer one even if it is not taken up.
    ItsDamien said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

Kabam offered their solution. They're not doing anything about it.
    What they said was that they aren't considering taking away rewards, which is different from saying that they aren't going to do anything else. For all you know they might be in their conference room deciding on if they want to compensate players or give an additional run.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

ItsDamien said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

What they said was that they aren't considering taking away rewards, which is different from saying that they aren't going to do anything else. For all you know they might be in their conference room deciding on if they want to compensate players or give an additional run.
    I can tell you something I do know, it's a Saturday. They're definitely not in a conference room discussing this right now 😂
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

Now we are just talking in circles. I was a agreeing that a mistake doesn't "always" necessitate a solution. I can still offer one even if it is not taken up.
    yes, you are talking in circles, and the problem is you dont know that it is you.

It is up top you to establish that there is a problem needing to be fixed. You have not done so. the best you have done is said that there was a "mistake" to which you agreed not all mistakes create problems in need of fixing.

You have invoked "appeasing the community", but have not showed that there is a community lacking appeasement either.

It seems to me that when you say community you really mean yourself and maybe a few others.
    ItsDamien said:

Corkscrew said:

ItsDamien said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

I can tell you something I do know, it's a Saturday. They're definitely not in a conference room discussing this right now 😂
    Lol. Probably not. The implication of my response was that it may not be over. I was actually surprised that they came through on the She-hulk RDTs given their reticence on issuing RDTs on champion adjustments. You just don't know sometimes.
    Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

yes, you are talking in circles, and the problem is you dont know that it is you.

It is up top you to establish that there is a problem needing to be fixed. You have not done so. the best you have done is said that there was a "mistake" to which you agreed not all mistakes create problems in need of fixing.

You have invoked "appeasing the community", but have not showed that there is a community lacking appeasement either.

It seems to me that when you say community you really mean yourself and maybe a few others.
    So your problem is that I wrote "appeasing the community"? Fine omit that and then it just becomes whether or not Kabam have the time or resources to do it, if they so desire. I'm not saying the whole community is up in arms, but there certainly does appear to be a portion, so I offered a solution that addresses it. If you check my post history, which is non existent because I haven't felt the need to post, this is my first post on the subject of the additional 10k shards that some people are eligible for. So obviously I'm not as invested in having that 10k of shards as you imply. Right now I'm defending my right to offer a solution, not whether or not I care about getting a 5* basic.

Who cares if people ran it twice (I did) it just means we jumped to clear it the first time and had the chance to do so a second. If you’re choosing to tackle it later their or NOTHING wrong with that but you also forfeit the chance to take advantage of a glitch that occurred.

Same goes for the 2015 rank up gems that turned in regular class gems. Did everyone get them? No did people complain? Yes. That’s life for you. I didn’t get a crack at those. Do I care? Nah would I have wanted them? Sure

Why is my solution considered a complaint? At no point have I indicated that I'm upset about whether Kabam do something or not. I'm just saying it's an option.
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

So your problem is that I wrote "appeasing the community"? Fine omit that and then it just becomes whether or not Kabam have the time or resources to do it, if they so desire. I'm not saying the whole community is up in arms, but there certainly does appear to be a portion, so I offered a solution that addresses it. If you check my post history, which is non existent because I haven't felt the need to post, this is my first post on the subject of the additional 10k shards that some people are eligible for. So obviously I'm not as invested in having that 10k of shards as you imply. Right now I'm defending my right to offer a solution, not whether or not I care about getting a 5* basic.
    a post history nonexistent with a need to make a post tends to indicate that you are invested. 10 of your 11 pots are in this thread that you started. No one is questioning your right to post a "solution", we are questioning the NEED of said solution, which we also have a right to do.
    Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

a post history nonexistent with a need to make a post tends to indicate that you are invested. 10 of your 11 pots are in this thread that you started. No one is questioning your right to post a "solution", we are questioning the NEED of said solution, which we also have a right to do.
    10 of 11 are in a thread I started... that's somewhat logical isn't it?

Yes, because I saw a bunch of people who were hurt about not being able to go for the extra rewards and the solutions offered seem to screw one party or the other. Give rewards to those who don't deserve it (i.e. just double the rewards on completion) or take away rewards. So I had an idea an posted it. The outcome of whether or not they implement the rewards I'm not invested in. I was invested in trying to provide something back to a community I'm part of.

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

Actually what I find most funny is that only one person bothered to comment on the soundness of the solution execution and everyone else commented on whether it was needed.
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Gigi said:

Actually what I find most funny is that only one person bothered to comment on the soundness of the solution execution and everyone else commented on whether it was needed.
    Why is that funny? that is logical in itself. If something is not needed then if the it is "sound" or not is irrelevant.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    There's nothing that needs to be solved
    Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Why is that funny? that is logical in itself. If something is not needed then if the it is "sound" or not is irrelevant.
    You might say that about a lot of posts on the forums. That doesn't mean people don't participate in a constructive way. What you're suggesting is that we should never ponder hypothetical situations, because commonly hypothetical situations never happen, so why even consider them.

Interesting question, if we were talking about rewards that would personally impact your situation would you be saying the same thing? For example, if the rewards were a generic 5* awakening gem or T5B, I don't care what you pick specifically, but something that would potentially affect your current playing experience. My impression is that a lot of those that are saying there is no problem to solve, it's because they have a 5* roster to which a single 5* champ is not going to make a difference. That is certainly not the case for everyone. Where at some point a single 5* may not make a difference, but for their current situation.. the right 5* would.
    Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

Corkscrew said:

Lormif said:

You might say that about a lot of posts on the forums. That doesn't mean people don't participate in a constructive way. What you're suggesting is that we should never ponder hypothetical situations, because commonly hypothetical situations never happen, so why even consider them.

Interesting question, if we were talking about rewards that would personally impact your situation would you be saying the same thing? For example, if the rewards were a generic 5* awakening gem or T5B, I don't care what you pick specifically, but something that would potentially affect your current playing experience. My impression is that a lot of those that are saying there is no problem to solve, it's because they have a 5* roster to which a single 5* champ is not going to make a difference. That is certainly not the case for everyone. Where at some point a single 5* may not make a difference, but for their current situation.. the right 5* would.
    where did I say you should never ponder hypothetical solutions? You like to intentionally misrepresent what people are saying, why is that? If anything I would be saying you should not present hypothetical situations and needed real situations.

And yes, if it impacted my situation my answer would be the same, In this situation I missed out on 10k shards myself, but I chalk it up to missing a sell at the store for something I like. Something out of my control so why complain and worry about it. You are implying my statement and others here is self serving btw.
  • NopedroooNopedrooo Posts: 116
    @Corkscrew i get your point!

It sure would be nice to have the same opportunity available, tho im not sure i personally would go through it again as i used a few resources and im trying to save for other contents.

I also find it worthless to go again for titles, they have no value for me.. one is enough to have on record.

But i get you.
This discussion has been closed.