**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to deal with Tasky in regards to Icarus

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
So, with any given champ I have 10 debuffs to use to cancel out his furies, so I’m a little concerned about getting through the rest of the BR and not being able to take him.

I heard something about being able to heavy-counter his heavy, is that true/how to execute?

Any champs that work well? I have a 5* wasp at r1 I could get up to r2 before the BR expires...

Comments

• Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Don't parry until you need to heavy... or go whole hog with a high damage character and try and beat the degen.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

The method I used was the exact opposite. Instead of trying to get rid of the furies, I just let them keep stacking. You can take him down fast with any champion but you have to play aggressively. I used my r4 OR since his SP2 has a lot of hits which will give him a lot of furies.

I did this. I used r5 ST with some built up furies. With the fury gain in that fight, it got ugly... quick.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Ghost is also basically a cheat code if you have her
  • Options
    ZebartinZebartin Posts: 32
    edited September 2019
    Of course you can try heavy-countering taskmaster, it's pratical, but since you have a Wasp, then it might be easier to chain into a heavy right after your combo.
    As for Icarus node, OG Hulk is an amazing cheese for that besides Ghost. Once you build up your sp1, you can stun the opponent for all day, because the furies will help lengthen your stun duration and help Hulk hit quite hard. if you have a high level OG Hulk and dont have a 4-star or 5-star Ghost, it would be a good try for this Taskmaster.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/158455/scientific-pondering#latest

Look at my discussion and first comment for my roster. The only difference there is Void is r4.

I have a r2 5* OG Hulk
    No Ghost
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Maybe Aegon. You can ramp up his combo against KG, and I think he can shrug off the Icarus degen (somebody correct me if I’m wrong). You don’t want to use a debuff heavy champ and save your parries. Domino might be a decent option.
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Building 7-10 poise with Sparky, then start wailing away works quite well. Have a 4* list?
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★

Maybe Aegon. You can ramp up his combo against KG, and I think he can shrug off the Icarus degen (somebody correct me if I’m wrong). You don’t want to use a debuff heavy champ and save your parries. Domino might be a decent option.

I used my Aegon - can't recall if he shrugged the degen but he pummelled Taskmaster into a bloody pulp quick enough. Built his combo up using King Groot, Quake and Sue Storm.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 943 ★★★
    I used swipe tap swipe strategy
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

The method I used was the exact opposite. Instead of trying to get rid of the furies, I just let them keep stacking. You can take him down fast with any champion but you have to play aggressively. I used my r4 OR since his SP2 has a lot of hits which will give him a lot of furies.

Likewise, I wrecked taskmaster with my Corvus before the degen killed me.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I used wasp for him, she can chain her regular combo into a heavy attack so it made it really easy for her. Other characters with similar mechanics could be taskmaster, Ægon, kingpin, ghost etc. There are quite a few who can make heavy attacks much easier to land, but countering his heavy or special two with a heavy attack should work as well.