**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Desperate need of arena updates

Some arenas are pretty much a joke, simply because their rewards need a serious overhaul.
I'll try to be contructive and focus on 2 things i believe should change.
First of all, the class catalyst arena could become better, by having a tier 4 class catalyst selector as a milestone reward, for reaching 2.000.000 points. In order to keep things balanced, entry fee increases to 20.000 battle chips.
Furthermore: replace the crystal cornucopias with a single "golden" arena, having gold as milestone rewards, and golden crystals as ranked rewards. Last milestone is 3.000.000 points, players are allowed to use all champion rarities. If a player was to hit all the milestones in this arena, he would accumulate 450.000 gold. This way, there will be a way to solve the gold problem many players are facing.

Comments

• Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    The 4 class catalyst selector sounds good. I haven't ran the class catalyst arena for nearly half a year. The reward just isn't worth the effort or even the battlechip anymore at the endgame level.

Gold I'm not too fussed to be honest as you get that from arena crystals anyway if you're grinding enough.
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★

Gold I'm not too fussed to be honest as you get that from arena crystals anyway if you're grinding enough.

That may be the case, but in order to get that you need to spend many hours per different days, and put any other actions on hold, making the game feel miserable, like a responsibility of sorts. With one arena that lasts for a day and is based around gold, people that might have demanding jobs or prefer to spend time with their family or friends, can also get the gold they are "missing out on" by having to play only for a certain amount of time on a specific day.
    Plus, in a game where champions and ways to get them (shards, etc.) become more common, there needs to be an increase to the availability of rank up materials, in order for the player to actually be able to rank up, level up, and use the champions he gets.
    edited September 2019

That may be the case, but in order to get that you need to spend many hours per different days, and put any other actions on hold, making the game feel miserable, like a responsibility of sorts. With one arena that lasts for a day and is based around gold, people that might have demanding jobs or prefer to spend time with their family or friends, can also get the gold they are "missing out on" by having to play only for a certain amount of time on a specific day.
    Plus, in a game where champions and ways to get them (shards, etc.) become more common, there needs to be an increase to the availability of rank up materials, in order for the player to actually be able to rank up, level up, and use the champions he gets.
    Yeah but how I see it is there are basically 2 main types of players:

F2P: They'll grind regardless so gold shouldn't be an issue for them as they prefer to labour away and not spend money

Spenders: They'll get some gold here and there. With Crystals they can sell the duped iso's or with Rank up materials usually these come with some gold

Then there's also the sigil if you're not spenders but would like some help.

I don't think Kabam see this as much of an issue as most people here do.
    Let's focus on the t4cc selector idea - that's actually a good idea that Kabam can actually look at implementing.
    How many t4cc shards do you think we should get from the selector if we reach the 2 million milestone?

I think 7k sounds like a fair amount, not too much, not too little.

I would grind 2 million for that.

How many t4cc shards do you think we should get from the selector if we reach the 2 million milestone?

I think somewhere between 9k and 12k is more realistic, since you need multiple of them in order to do "serious" rank ups. Then again, it might seem like much to some, but still, it would be once per week and only if you take the time to reach the final milestone.
    As for the gold issue you might be right, but for scientific purposes i'll create a poll to see where the majority lands.

I think somewhere between 9k and 12k is more realistic, since you need multiple of them in order to do "serious" rank ups. Then again, it might seem like much to some, but still, it would be once per week and only if you take the time to reach the final milestone.
    As for the gold issue you might be right, but for scientific purposes i'll create a poll to see where the majority lands.
    Haha.. I just saw your poll.

Are you really gonna call that poll 'scientific'?

When you ask people do you have enough of something, the majority are gonna say that they don't have enough.

People are never enough.

You give a kid $5 to go buy some candy. You ask him later 'did you have enough'? He's always gonna say he could have had more.

When you ask people do you have enough of something, the majority are gonna say that they don't have enough.

People are never enough.

You give a kid $5 to go buy some candy. You ask him later 'did you have enough'? He's always gonna say he could have had more.
    The "scientific" part was ironic, sorry if you didn't get it. I don't get why you have to be salty, i just wanted to know what others think too.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    These people who talk about 1 or 2 million as a milestone, do they have a real life?

Not trying to be rude, it is a serious question. Few people have the time to spend hours in a matter of few days on a game and combine that with an actual life (work, family, eating, sleeping).

While I guess your suggestion looks sound from your perspective, I don't think it even comes close of fixing the gold shortage.

What is needed is a stable, not too much time consuming, rewarding and anti-grinding solution. Anything but arena's. Such as weekly gold realms, hence why you need to pay for it.

People are never enough.

The "scientific" part was ironic, sorry if you didn't get it. I don't get why you have to be salty, i just wanted to know what others think too.
    Sorry didn't need to come off as salty. You have to have a bit of a thick skin around here with all the insults given out.. obviously you're one of the nicer ones.. haha..

Sorry.

These people who talk about 1 or 2 million as a milestone, do they have a real life?

Not trying to be rude, it is a serious question. Few people have the time to spend hours in a matter of few days on a game and combine that with an actual life (work, family, eating, sleeping).

While I guess your suggestion looks sound from your perspective, I don't think it even comes close of fixing the gold shortage.

What is needed is a stable, not too much time consuming, rewarding and anti-grinding solution. Anything but arena's. Such as weekly gold realms, hence why you need to pay for it.

Do you not even grind for t4b and t1a?

You don't have to grind but then you have to open your wallet.