6-Stars Discussion Thread

Comments

• Darklord767Darklord767 Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone. End game player here. I strongly disagree with the 6 star hero addition to the game. I myself only have 6 5 stars and only one of them is duped at rank 2. I was able to complete 5.2 with only rank 5 4 stars. I only have 5 of those as well. I would love more time to grow before something as big as this comes up. I’ve been playing for roughly 2 and a half years and barely even have enough 5 stars to be a “good summoner”. I play actively every day and still do not have what I should have for my level. So please. Give the community more time to grow before releasing 6 stars as playable characters. Focus on Real time PvP, 5v5 alliance arenas, alliance bases, and fix the god damn bugs for Christ’s sake.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Member Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Vavasour wrote: »
    I can't effectively express how dissapointed I am with this announcement.

The real litmus test is that Kabam felt a moral obligation to let us know before buying future offers... why is that?

A: The long accepted economy of this game no longer applies. It's like Kabam shifted the decimal place on every dollar we've spent until now.

I will not spend again unless the "Upgrade 5⭐️" option is implemented.

@Kabam Miike please check my account. You'll see I've spent way north of $10,000.00 on this game. Until this announcement I was in for the long haul. My friends who are also big spenders and not on the forums feel exactly the same way.

Every lunch time since this announcement has been the three of us spitting venom on the notion of 6⭐️ Champs while angrily clutching our Americanos.

You guys seriously need to rethink this.

Why do you feel this way? 6 stars wont be even closed in power to maxed 5 stars for like 20 plus months. For a 6 star to be stronger than a 5 star maxed it will need to be level 4.

A maxed 5 star = 6 star level 3

We still need to know the rank up requirements. Maybe T6B and T3A will be needed who knows.

You guys relax and enjoy the game.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Member Posts: 304 ★★
    CapWW2, you've made your opinion clear. Everyone's entitled to voice theirs without you being combative about it.
    Hey everyone. End game player here. I strongly disagree with the 6 star hero addition to the game. I myself only have 6 5 stars and only one of them is duped at rank 2. I was able to complete 5.2 with only rank 5 4 stars. I only have 5 of those as well. I would love more time to grow before something as big as this comes up. I’ve been playing for roughly 2 and a half years and barely even have enough 5 stars to be a “good summoner”. I play actively every day and still do not have what I should have for my level. So please. Give the community more time to grow before releasing 6 stars as playable characters. Focus on Real time PvP, 5v5 alliance arenas, alliance bases, and fix the god damn bugs for Christ’s sake.

Sorry mate, you aint not end game player. I have 20 5 stars and completed LOL and i am not a end game player! End game players are top 50 alliances with 5700 minimum!
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    CapWW2, you've made your opinion clear. Everyone's entitled to voice theirs without you being combative about it.

I am not being combative by any means. I am countering any arguments politely and respecfully. Thanks
  • Darklord767Darklord767 Member Posts: 3
    CapWW2 wrote: »

Sorry mate, you aint not end game player. I have 20 5 stars and completed LOL and i am not a end game player! End game players are top 50 alliances with 5700 minimum!

Well I’m out of stuff to do haha. Just putting my thoughts out there
    Joe35 wrote: »
    I am sick to my stomach about 6* champs. All of the time and money spent ranking 4 and 5* champs for what? No need for 6* as playable champs. I understand fighting against them once you have a maxed 5(which you can't do yet).

I am more upset that they are discarding our efforts to get where we are now. Tier 2 alphas next to impossible to get. Answer to that, make them easier to get. Big mistake. Keep rare items rare. Simple economics. Don't print more money to make things easier, big mistake. You are devaluing everything your income (us) have done to get to this point. "All that money you saved, it's not worth anything anymore."

I may check out when 6* come out. And Kabam Miike, how can we start preparing now when our inventory can't hold it and then we can't sell tier 4 in stash? Guys, it's a trap. Stop spending money and it will send the message.

We have the power here. Don't spend money. Period. Featured 4* star crystals are useless now and why should I worry about 5* when I need to "start making decisions about ranking champs". This may be my end. I hung in there when you ruined the game with 12.0. Dr. Strange is still dead. Don't know if I can hang through this.

That sick feeling I got, being cheated. That's how I feel.

You can start preparing by not ranking and not opening crystals.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Member Posts: 304 ★★
    You're not countering arguments. You're attempting to shut down people's input that's counter to your opinion, repeatedly. It's time to let others voice their opinions without your input.
    Some loves flagging my post. You make me more relevant. I love it!
  • VavasourVavasour Member Posts: 258
    edited August 2017
    I can't effectively express how dissapointed I am with this announcement.

The real litmus test is that Kabam felt a moral obligation to let us know before buying future offers... why is that?

A: The long accepted economy of this game no longer applies. It's like Kabam shifted the decimal place on every dollar we've spent until now.

I will not spend again unless the "Upgrade 5⭐️" option is implemented.

@Kabam Miike please check my account. You'll see I've spent way north of $10,000.00 on this game. Until this announcement I was in for the long haul. My friends who are also big spenders and not on the forums feel exactly the same way.

Every lunch time since this announcement has been the three of us spitting venom on the notion of 6⭐️ Champs while angrily clutching our Americanos.

You guys seriously need to rethink this.

Why do you feel this way? 6 stars wont be even closed in power to maxed 5 stars for like 20 plus months. For a 6 star to be stronger than a 5 star maxed it will need to be level 4.

A maxed 5 star = 6 star level 3

We still need to know the rank up requirements. Maybe T6B and T3A will be needed who knows.

You guys relax and enjoy the game.

Because every offer I've bought was meant to be an investment in A Tier champs.

juyitigx67ir.png

These guys, whom I've spent a lot of time and money on, just got downgraded to B Tier.

What happens when 7⭐️ Champs come?

The whole thing just feels futile.

In classic games, use City of Heroes as an example, you don't throw away your best character every 6 months to start over. Instead they introduce new classes, etc.

I'm attached to my OG Ultron, I want to continue to develop him, not watch him become irrelevant.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Bodhizen wrote: »
    You're not countering arguments. You're attempting to shut down people's input that's counter to your opinion, repeatedly. It's time to let others voice their opinions without your input.

I completly agree, there is no need to try and make others feel dumb or make them feel as if their opinion doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to speak their mind. This is a discussion in a public forum, not a talk show hosted by CapWW2.
    Joe35 wrote: »
    You can start preparing by not ranking and not opening crystals.

Inventory can't hold it @CapWW2

The crystals dont have limit. You can have 500 t4cc shard crystals. You can have 1000 t4cc crystals fyi.

Just dont open them

[/quote]

What about Summoner Advancement?
  • cesar777cesar777 Member Posts: 3
    This is rediculous. U guys are going to lose all your loyal player that have been playing since the game started when alphas and 4*s where very rare. Only the very top players that pay will enjoy this but they'll quickly lose interest as well when the game population significantly drops. Instead of focusing on six star champs please concentrate on the bases that have been "coming soon" since the game released! This is absolutely b.s. and I pray kabam reconsider this horrible decision. I mean do u guys even read your forums?! Everyone is against this. I don't care how many T4C or alphas or even 4*s u give us I've worked my ass off for more than 2yrs to get to where I'm at and for people now to spend a little cash and get to my level in a few months is complete disrespect to your loyal players.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Member Posts: 335 ★★
    Would it be wrong to suggest to the development team to reverse the champ release for 6* (start from most recent champ releases and work your way down) ?

The game isn't going to be worth it anymore if people get shafted with 6* garbage champs. That might even give the dev team time to figure out how to (hopefully) improve on said garbage champs so they can be relevant, instead of phone-breaking worthy...
    Plantesan wrote: »
    Would it be wrong to suggest to the development team to reverse the champ release for 6* (start from most recent champ releases and work your way down) ?

The game isn't going to be worth it anymore if people get shafted with 6* garbage champs. That might even give the dev team time to figure out how to (hopefully) improve on said garbage champs so they can be relevant, instead of phone-breaking worthy...

Agree 100 percent. We need amazing champs that everyone likes as 6 stars. I suggest kabam to take our input. We can as a community vote.

• DD2DD2 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    They can easily fix this.

Delay 6*s by a year at least
    Introduce T5Bs
    Make T2As more available
    Make T1As, T4Cs, and T4Bs much more available

Over the course of the year, this will allow a solid percentage of the player base good access to rank 5 four stars and acceptable access to rank 5 5*s.

And only then you start introducing 6*s.

You're 18 months too soon Kabam, but you can reverse all of this and save your game.
    Same argument post perfect block and game became better.

Same argument post 12.0 and game became better.

Same argument post willpower and game became better.

Enough said. Just lets see what kabam has for us on August 30th and how 6 stars will work out. The ranting is just unjustified.
  • DD2DD2 Member Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Same argument post 12.0 and game became better.

They built in forced obsolescence into 12.0+ with challenger rating. You think a nerfed roster on every star increase makes the game better?
  • DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Member Posts: 159
    cesar777 wrote: »
    This is rediculous. U guys are going to lose all your loyal player that have been playing since the game started when alphas and 4*s where very rare. Only the very top players that pay will enjoy this but they'll quickly lose interest as well when the game population significantly drops. Instead of focusing on six star champs please concentrate on the bases that have been "coming soon" since the game released! This is absolutely b.s. and I pray kabam reconsider this horrible decision. I mean do u guys even read your forums?! Everyone is against this. I don't care how many T4C or alphas or even 4*s u give us I've worked my ass off for more than 2yrs to get to where I'm at and for people now to spend a little cash and get to my level in a few months is complete disrespect to your loyal players.

Think the opposite is true bud. Top players are also very disappointed in this announcement and top players will get screwed the most. There is going to be a mass exodus in this game very soon. Just watch.

• DeathBringer77DeathBringer77 Member Posts: 159
    The thing that's being missed here is that we are attached to these champs.

My roster for example...

kmvddtzz2irv.png

I'm attached to my Classic Ultron, i spent a lot of time and money getting him. I don't want to watch him slowly become irrelevant. I want to continue to develope him.

My last few months have been aimed at pushing him ahead of Storm so my profile pic changes. These small details matter to us.

We're proud of these champs, we don't want to stop using them. It's about progression, not about watching it all get leveled and having to rebuild it again.

Kabam has removed all sense of accompishement with this announcement.
    The thing that's being missed here is that we are attached to these champs.

My roster for example...

[img]https://us.v-cdn.net/6029252/uploads/editor/v0/kmvddtzz2irv. Totally agree bro. You Nailed it. I've worked a long time to get my roster and finally have it only for kabam to announce they will be obsolete in the near future. Nothing more disappointing and frustrating. I'm pretty much done. Dom13177[/img]
  • ZonkoZonko Member Posts: 2
    I was initially very excited about the announcement of 6*s but then I realised what ii and other adjustments mean. it means the years me and others have spent on this game were all a waste if youre 'making 4 and 5*s more available along with their rank up materials' was the years of progress all for nothing when now someone can join and get what ive got in less than half the time? Also how much gold are we going to need to rank up 6*s it already costs a hell of a lot for 5*, which I can haven't taken any above r2 due to sheer cost (maybe gold quests could be a constant thing - hint hint no one likes or does the free for all on sunday). I also have concerns about the 6* pool, no one will ever support it unless there is a fair chance of actually getting some decent champions and no ****ty ones or people will rage quit by the hundreds. I also believe 6*s shouldn't be introduced until you have at least finished the 5* pool, some certain champions which have clearly been omitted (wolvie sw etc.) 6*s should not be added until all champions have a 5* version, if you think theyre too strong maybe a new crystal such as an 'elite' crystal containing only top tier champions all of which are desireable for example at a price of 20k shards and put a limit such as level 60 on them.
    Finally why on earth have you pushed 6*s as well as the 5*s ahead of other releases such as level cap increase and bases.
  • Barry_Allen007Barry_Allen007 Member Posts: 147
    It's already clear at this point that summoners of all levels hate this new development. But what can we do to prevent this future addition from trivializing our efforts?
  • PlantesanPlantesan Member Posts: 335 ★★
    It's already clear at this point that summoners of all levels hate this new development. But what can we do to prevent this future addition from trivializing our efforts?

I'd imagine something close to the revolt when 12.0 came out.
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Member Posts: 79
    Adding 6* is adding no value to the game. It just stretches the time needed for a new player to get to the difficult content and that player has to collect a lot of 3* to start getting 4*, then collect a lot of 4* to maybe get 5* in arenas, then you introduce 7* and they will all have to start collecting 6* hopefully also in arenas in order to stay on top of the game for the interesting difficult content tailored to the latest tier of champs and maybe one day get Joe Fixit 7*!

What's your plan, Kabam? Gradually get us to recollect (and re-invest into) the same champions several times to the point you one day release 10* champions? Each of us by then will have 8 tiers of Iron Patriot, Kamala Khan and Joe Fixit? Mostly all unduped of course, except maybe 4* and 5*. LOL

I have 75 4* champions,
    32 at rank 4,
    4 at rank 5
    32 out of the 75 are total garbage - all sitting at rank 3 and useless for ANY current content. I only have them for arena points and it's been difficult pulling the newer interesting champs from the crystals because there is so much garbage in them!

I have 12 5* champions,
    4 at rank 2,
    the rest at rank 1,
    2 only duplicated and I only have 8 T2 alpha catalysts, that I'm certainly not using on any of the 12 5* champions, because they are all garbage compared to my top 4* champions.

It takes forever to collect all the T4cc catalysts of the same class to bring a 4* to rank 5! Why would I bring unduped Guillotine or Unstoppable Collosus to rank 3 when I have duped her, Voodoo, Hood or Dormamu in 4*??

GEARS btw are going to be total nonsense, I hope you'll never release them! Who here is interested in investing into gears for their 4* champions already knowing you can have the same champs one day in 5*? Who here wants to invest gears into their 5* knowing 6* are coming out? Who here wants to bother with gears for their line of 100 champions?

You're doing great job KABAM releasing new champions. They tend to be more difficult to play with, more elaborate, more exciting to play with and with great results once mastered. You've been releasing great quests testing our skills and who doesn't have them or wants more rewards, our wallets. Focus on that, bring T5b into the game, alliance bases, more interaction between alliances and their members, true pvp fights in duels for special rewards (I believe the game is too unstable to allow true pvp in arenas) etc. There are so many ways for you to bring new exciting content to the game for us to spend more for it, so you have a steady revenue stream from excited and entertained players. Stretching and thinning the game further and make us re-invest and re-collect our favourite champs will NOT make us excited or spend more in the game. Also, what's the point of releasing 6* anyway? You can bump the difficulty and PI of your current 5* champions to whatever numbers you feel like.

Do you want more revenue? Make the current content more exciting. Make us players more interested in spending money. I bet loads of players would want to invest into 5* red deadpool arena for example! I've never spent a dollar on an online game, but I'd spend a considerable amount on this champion. In fact, why don't you make your newest champions more available to us for a fee? Make them available to us earlier in arenas for a real-currency fee. I bet those of us who want the champion ahead of many others, will want to spend few dollars for it knowing they have real shot on getting the champion, not like in the BS with featured champion crystals.
    Challenger rating is amazing! Why you should be entiled to complete content with 2 or 3 stars?

Alliance quest should be hard. Still 4 stars rock there but that wont be the case soon and i am very happy about that.

It takes skill to clear content with 2* and 3*. Something I thought you would want considering you want the best champs in the game nerfed. You say only certain champs can clear content but some of us only have 2* or 3* versions of those champs. It took great skill for those who beat ROL with 2* and 3* Guillotine and Star Lord.

LOL is still beyond it's time, maybe if people had rank 5 5* it wouldn't be so bad for them, now with 6* coming even i'll be able to beat LOL once I get a 6* to rank 2, eventually.

As for the AQ you must share your experience and tips of how your alliance completes Map 6 5/5 each and every AQ.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Challenger rating is amazing! Why you should be entiled to complete content with 2 or 3 stars?

Alliance quest should be hard. Still 4 stars rock there but that wont be the case soon and i am very happy about that.

It takes skill to clear content with 2* and 3*. Something I thought you would want considering you want the best champs in the game nerfed. You say only certain champs can clear content but some of us only have 2* or 3* versions of those champs. It took great skill for those who beat ROL with 2* and 3* Guillotine and Star Lord.

LOL is still beyond it's time, maybe if people had rank 5 5* it wouldn't be so bad for them, now with 6* coming even i'll be able to beat LOL once I get a 6* to rank 2, eventually.

As for the AQ you must share your experience and tips of how your alliance completes Map 6 5/5 each and every AQ.

I have never played map 6 and never will. I have 46 T4cc and some crystals stashed. It is your choice to play map 6. My alliance scores 118 million with map5 only.

Have fun in map6.

this is just a game not a full time job for me!
    Also LOL will need rank 3 6 stars which you wont get for a while. I can guarantee you that a max 5 star will be superior to a rank 2 6 star. Just wait and see August 30.