**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam put me in an awkward spot

I just got namor 5* and got him up to sig 159.
Usually this is where I would start looking out for deals with sig stones in order to actually make my Namor happen...

But Kabam's latest nerfing program puts uncomfortably much uncertainty into it.

Anyone else feels this way?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    Come on OP. Super excited to hear about this nerfing program. Post that link.
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    You could just wait until a sig stone offer is even offered before posting something like this.
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    edited September 2019
    You guys have not even see what the balance will be and call it nurf,what will happen if they make him better than the potion sink he is atm.Talking about Cull.But just wait and see what they will make and then start to scream
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    @Lordshadowin Lord Shadow from YT? Can’t be because that guy is an adult. So why are you impersonating him?
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    So... Maw, Human Torch and Anihillist are getting nerfed too?

News to me.
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    So acording to you making any kind of changes on the original version is nerf.Go back to google and look up what reworked really means before starting to educate other people
    edited September 2019

I do suggest tho that everyone watches this video to have some context as to why many are upset that new champions that are released, are being nerfed after the community performs it's role essentially of acting as beta testers for Kabam.

Some people pay hundreds ~ even into the thousands to acquire these new champs, only to have their character reworked (i.e. "nerfed") after they purchased a toon under the impression that said toon was portrayed and marketed to them to perform in a particular manner.

https://youtu.be/m_yO5VDDroo

@Lordshadowin how is what I said a troll statement? OP said there is a nerf program. I was asking to hear more about it. Or maybe..... OP mean the rebalancing/tuning initiative Kabam is doing with some champs. Its not a nerf program at all. Heres the facts since you seem to want to live in pretend world like OP.
    1. They've announced plans for 5 champs so far.
    2. Human Torch and Annihilus are set to receive some tuning. We don't know the details yet of what will happen. Could be good, could be bad. No one knows because it hasnt happened yet.
    3. Ronin, Cull Obsidian and Maw are after HT and Annihilus.
    4. They arent touching Ronin as they are happy with his performance.
    5. They announced a buff to Maw.
    6. They talked about tweaking Culls damage but keeping him a top damage dealer in the game.

Here's whats you don't even talk about. Out of 5 mentioned champs so far for this new program, 3 are getting positive tweeks that were mentioned and 1 isn't getting touched. Cull is the only one they said was getting a possible reduction in damage.

Also, we dont know what will happen to Cull. You cant say its a nerf because absolutely zero information had been released that's soild fact. They made an initial announcement talking about tuning his damage and that's all. People like you, take that small, unfinish data source and turn it into "nerf progam" and convolude the information out there. You sit there and call my statement trolling when what OP said was 100% false and misleading which is the definition of a troll statement.

You want to base your argument off a little bit of info that was given and some youtuber jumping off the deep end so quick before anything more has been detailed. They stated only SMALL TWEEKS AND TUNING where going to happen but you cant see that. You hear reduction.in damage and start calling it a nerf. What if he ends of being better than before? Gonna come back here and eat your words? Doubt it.

Stop with the tinfoil hat drama act. Namor hasn't even been talked about yet and you stated hes getting nerfed. Learn what a troll is and look in the mirror.

I should mention that I have a 5/65 Cull. I used a AG and put 103 Sig stones in and full resources to rank up to R5. I probably have more to lose than you and I'm still not calling what they said a nerf because there isnt info to go off of.
  • LSDinLSDin Posts: 173 ★★
    edited September 2019

So acording to you making any kind of changes on the original version is nerf.Go back to google and look up what reworked really means before starting to educate other people

I think .. you should go up a couple of posts from your statement .. you'll find two posted definitions.

one is for nerf

one is for buff

ok .. now

did I say anything about nerf = rework ?

no

nerf = making something worse than what it originally was

buff = making something better than it was

(trying to put it in simple terms here)

rework is to CHANGE something from what it originally was

ok ok

now

did I say anything about nerf = rework ?

no .. I did not

It is important that as you intake information, you are able to discern from what is actually being presented, and what your mind is opinionating as to what is being presented.

After reading this I can't believe you're the one calling use trolls.
    well I totally went back and edited this statement cause @Risenfromhell was spot on with his extrapolation of what I actually did write .. please see back to my original statement above and note the edit.

also I'm not sure what a "use troll" is .. do you use the troll and put it back in the closet 🤔 Are you the receiver?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Just wait a month if you’re that paranoid.
  • Namor's in the basic now, kabam really should give us info about any changes or say he won't be changed.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    edited September 2019
    Tbf there's a bit of sensationalism in OP's post touching upon 'Kabam's nerfing program'. Have people forgot these are balance changes? Champions get buffed as well? People hear the word "nerf" and suddenly there's a circlejerk of "Kabam Bad Kabam supporters Bad" and "nerf bad". You don't know whether or not champs are getting nerfed or not neither do you know the extent of the nerf. So put your pitchforks and insults down and actually wait for some news before complaining about nothing.
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    Ugm
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111

I actually don't care what you call it.
    If you do anything to dull my experience of the champ I went for, it's a nerf.
    Your idea of "balancing" could only fly if there was any guarantee that people would agree... or atleast just if a marginal disagreed. History have showed us tho, that alot of people disagree with alot of stuff you do.
    You don't make me feel safe and secure enough with that statement to continue to buy deals so reducing your rhetorical answer to layman's terms is "no, don't buy deals."
    Any way you could rewrite that message is to revise the "nerfing program" to only be about buffing underperforming champs and leave any instance of Culls ingame as a standing manifestation of that you messed up. Now it's more like "you'll have to pay for our mistakes" lol

Thanks for the quick reply.
    #NoDeals
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Funny. Many people cry over the nerfs but not many praise the buffs.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Just people who dont understand how MMOs work.
    ZeepZorp said:

Tbf there's a bit of sensationalism in OP's post touching upon 'Kabam's nerfing program'. Have people forgot these are balance changes? Champions get buffed as well? People hear the word "nerf" and suddenly there's a circlejerk of "Kabam Bad Kabam supporters Bad" and "nerf bad". You don't know whether or not champs are getting nerfed or not neither do you know the extent of the nerf. So put your pitchforks and insults down and actually wait for some news before complaining about nothing.

It doesn't fit their agenda so they leave the facts out. They see what they want too see and ignore everything else.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I read this thread and now I feel less intelligent than when I started. Thanks OP for putting out misinformation, lies, and generally being immature.

I do suggest tho that everyone watches this video to have some context as to why many are upset that new champions that are released, are being nerfed after the community performs it's role essentially of acting as beta testers for Kabam.

Some people pay hundreds ~ even into the thousands to acquire these new champs, only to have their character reworked (i.e. "nerfed") after they purchased a toon under the impression that said toon was portrayed and marketed to them to perform in a particular manner.

https://youtu.be/m_yO5VDDroo

@Lordshadowin how is what I said a troll statement? OP said there is a nerf program. I was asking to hear more about it. Or maybe..... OP mean the rebalancing/tuning initiative Kabam is doing with some champs. Its not a nerf program at all. Heres the facts since you seem to want to live in pretend world like OP.
    1. They've announced plans for 5 champs so far.
    2. Human Torch and Annihilus are set to receive some tuning. We don't know the details yet of what will happen. Could be good, could be bad. No one knows because it hasnt happened yet.
    3. Ronin, Cull Obsidian and Maw are after HT and Annihilus.
    4. They arent touching Ronin as they are happy with his performance.
    5. They announced a buff to Maw.
    6. They talked about tweaking Culls damage but keeping him a top damage dealer in the game.

Here's whats you don't even talk about. Out of 5 mentioned champs so far for this new program, 3 are getting positive tweeks that were mentioned and 1 isn't getting touched. Cull is the only one they said was getting a possible reduction in damage.

Also, we dont know what will happen to Cull. You cant say its a nerf because absolutely zero information had been released that's soild fact. They made an initial announcement talking about tuning his damage and that's all. People like you, take that small, unfinish data source and turn it into "nerf progam" and convolude the information out there. You sit there and call my statement trolling when what OP said was 100% false and misleading which is the definition of a troll statement.

You want to base your argument off a little bit of info that was given and some youtuber jumping off the deep end so quick before anything more has been detailed. They stated only SMALL TWEEKS AND TUNING where going to happen but you cant see that. You hear reduction.in damage and start calling it a nerf. What if he ends of being better than before? Gonna come back here and eat your words? Doubt it.

Stop with the tinfoil hat drama act. Namor hasn't even been talked about yet and you stated hes getting nerfed. Learn what a troll is and look in the mirror.

I should mention that I have a 5/65 Cull. I used a AG and put 103 Sig stones in and full resources to rank up to R5. I probably have more to lose than you and I'm still not calling what they said a nerf because there isnt info to go off of.
    I'm sorry for your loss 😔

Wow. I mean seriously. That's it? No actual reply? No dictionary terms to screenshot? No name calling or personal attacks? You realize how this makes you look right? All that spouting off and you come back with this? I thought we might have a battle of wits. Looks like someone came unarmed.

That concludes this story... And he calls me a troll. 🤦
    😏

this is what people spent thousands for

https://youtu.be/L0a3jshnmnY

He was left in the game for months like this.

People spent resources (many of which on the higher end side cost real world $$) to rank him up. Some people used an AG on him and dumped the load of sig stones into him. His damage output IS his draw and functionality. Anything that turns this level down, is a nerf. Kabam allowing this toon into the game, allowing the public to spend thousands upon thousands into acquiring him and ranking him up and use him in content for an extended period of time - to then turn around and say, his damage is greater than what was intended ~ thank you for your massive amounts of cash and in game resource material use - but we think we need to make him weaker now .. is the action of "nerfing" the charcter. Your initial comment while seemingly innocent in its portrayal as to the the original post this thread, was I purpose - made w. nefarious connotation of belittling and marginalizing the author to the point that he essentially didn't know what he was talking about. What I surmised from his statement is that he has concerns as whether or not to use valuable resources for a champion that is now to be included in this quasi limbo status of an evaluation period which will be subject to ~ quote unquote ~ being reworked .. which would most likely (based on historical precedents of how Kabam has diminished the damage output potential of other champions post game introduction) nerf his damage output should it be deemed too high by them. I previously did come across information that Kabam was looking into lowering his (Namor) damage output. Unfortunately (tho you might say conveniently from your point of view) I cannot find that info again to provide source reference. However for me and in my mind I did come across it and it stuck in my subconscious - to which yes ,, personally and wholeheartedly I do in my heart believe that as the evaluation period for Namor comes to an end that Namor will indeed be nerfed via a reduction in his damage output.(although truly Kabam does not abide to their own terms of when they should be hands off the tuning of a character if said character is able to clear content w. what could be construed as pro-player / not pro-game mechanics - (read: easily) )

What Kabam has created in this new evaluation and rebalanceing period is fueling an air of mistrust in how the company operates and conducts itself. To allow champs now being released to be negatively impacted in relation to their performance by way of future modification by them, after an "evaluation period" is horrible. To allow players to spend their money for a product, an to enchance their product (ranking up) and allow a perception of this is how a champion performs ~ and even to market it as such ,, to then turn around and say .. well we never intened this champion to perform so well so now we are going to downgrade it is a despicable practice. Conversely to say a champion is under performing and then buff the champion after this "evaluation period" is commendable. In this instance value is being ADDED to the purchase made by the customer.

So when you come in all high and mighty and snip at the author of the post .. where is this so called nerf program that you speak of hunh? cause i've never heard of a such a thing and blah blah blah

you're just a jerk man, and a troll .. but an ugly kinda puss like troll that printed themself an imaginary mensa card. 🤮

Ignore the context of what the original author was alluding to, the nerfing of new champions as a regular aspect of how the game is now to be run by Kabam as a business model, get on your GW donkey ~ and ride into the fantasy sunset in your mind where you are surrounded by you imagined mental superiority akin to the Emperor loving his new clothes.
    Once again you post something and call it something else. 100% false claims and continued personal attacks. This is how people like me, know that people like you, are wrong. You get more and more desperate to prove us wrong and grasp at straws and the only thing you are left with is insults. Let's break down what you said-

"He was left in the game for months like this". This is incorrectly stated. Heres what actually happened-
    1. Culls Thanos' favors became bugged and only the initial favor was being paused during hits. Favors 2-10 were pausing and expiring early. This was happening for about a month.
    2. Kabam attempted to fix this. In doing so, they bugged his damage output and he was doing waaaaaayyyyyy more damage than intended. This was only in for like two weeks tops.
    3. They fixed him and now he is working as his abilities actually state.

More misguided information- you continue to only point out Cull. You have yet to acknowledge the others they have said they are balancing as well. You spout out how people spent 1000's on a champ to have him changed from his original intent. Well Human Torch, Annihilus and Maw are working as they originally intended. You probably dont have an issue with their tuning as it will likely end up buffing them. But in reality, they same line of "I'm not vetting what i paid for" applies here as well. Just gets ignored because its considered a buff.

You say "(based on historical precedents of how Kabam has diminished the damage output potential of other champions post game introduction)". What champs. Who are you even talking about? There has only been one time in this games history where characters were ever truly nerfed and that was the 12.0 update. 1 time doesn't give "historical precedents".

You also say "I previously did come across information that Kabam was looking into lowering his (Namor) damage output." Please post the source. Kabam hasn't even begun talking about Namor in anything ive seen.

You also say "(although truly Kabam does not abide to their own terms of when they should be hands off the tuning of a character if said character is able to clear content w. what could be construed as pro-player / not pro-game mechanics - (read: easily) )" I'd like you to prove this as well. If they werent abiding by their own rules, they wouldn't balance anything in this game. There is a clause in the ToS that EVERYONE agreed to that gives them the right to make changes anytime they want at any point. This is the oure definition of abiding by their own rules.

Again, all you're focused on is Cull and the possibility of a damage reduction. You and OP are overreacting as you don't have any information other than that one sentence, which they also stated they plan on keeping him as one of the top damage dealers in the game. The rebalacing "program" is about small tunings and not complete overhauls. You're so fixated on that one little piece of information, it's become bigger in your head.

Bottomline is that this isn't a nerfing program. That's spreading conspiracy. You are twisting and leaving out actual facts and largely the truth in pretty much everything you say. You cant even make a post with insulting me. You're wrong for most of what you've said. If you respond, actually do a little research before hand. Write some facts down and come at me with an intelligent answer. If not, we're done and I dont have anything else to say to you.
  • THALEMKYKO1THALEMKYKO1 Posts: 98

Can you point.me to this "nerfing program" please. I'd really like to learn more about it and where they announced they were starting a nerfing program. Post the link, I'm sure more people would love to be properly informed about this program.

It isn’t technically called a “nerfing program” but you have to admit if cull got nerfed or “tuned down” there’s a good chance namor will too
    As for the op I don’t think they will change his sig ability without an uproar so I’d say your safe in that regard
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Can you point.me to this "nerfing program" please. I'd really like to learn more about it and where they announced they were starting a nerfing program. Post the link, I'm sure more people would love to be properly informed about this program.

It isn’t technically called a “nerfing program” but you have to admit if cull got nerfed or “tuned down” there’s a good chance namor will too
    As for the op I don’t think they will change his sig ability without an uproar so I’d say your safe in that regard
    It's not called a "Nerfing program" at all.

All these people crying about balance changes happening makes me wonder if they've ever played an online game ever before. I'm inclined to think this is almost the only game many people here play, which is kind of sad.

I know exactly what's its called. Obviously sarcasm is lost on most people.