**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suicide Masteries should be free if....

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I agree you should be able to move one mastery at a time minimum. If the sigil does that by itself than maybe I would buy them because I run suicides 95% of the time nowadays.

I also would love kabam to offer another game mode alternative for battlechips. The mastery change should've happened years ago and is down right petty at this point as presently constructed.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★

I think they should add the option to remove single masteries instead of having to do the entire page

THIS I can get onboard with. 👏👏
  • ElsaEternalElsaEternal Posts: 97
    Well... how much does it cost to reset your attack tree? Cause you get units from the sigil 🤷‍♂️
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Well... how much does it cost to reset your attack tree? Cause you get units from the sigil 🤷‍♂️

The units from the Sigil cannot cover how many times in a month that you can switch back forth from suicides to no suicides. Its bare minimum 90 units just to remove and reapply offensive masteries.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I would much rather the sigil increase the units awarded than make the mastery changes free. For the ppl who dont run suicides it isnt that big of a deal, but increasing the units would make a big difference. Then ppl could choose if they want to spend those units to reset their mastery or use it however they choose.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    World of Warcraft has a pretty good system where you can build out different variants of your mastery tree and then swap them in and out with a click. Something like that would be great OR can we PLEASE be allowed to remove a point at a time instead of having to reset an entire tree to redo 1-2 things....
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited September 2019
    guess alot of people here dont use suicides, and have an alliance where placing suicides is bad for the allaince defense.

here checkout some insane omega red gameplay via suicides

Community Boss Rush ! Using Omega Red Only!
    vid below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrEggtH08A&t=9s
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Summoner’s sigil should include some benefit regarding mastery changes. It’s an expensive time sucking nuisance and it doesn’t need to be.

People who don’t change masteries multiple times per week nor pay for sigil need not reply until you do one or the other.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

guess alot of people here dont use suicides, and have an alliance where placing suicides is bad for the allaince defense.

here checkout some insane omega red gameplay via suicides

Community Boss Rush ! Using Omega Red Only!
    vid below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgrEggtH08A&t=9s
    I switch masteries multiple times a week just like you but I still dont think they should be free for sigil. To be honest, I'd be fine with just being able to hot swap mastery builds for the total cost of doing it individually but for way less time. The cost is part of the deterrent to using them and I'm fine with that but I have a much larger problem with the time it takes to swap them
    @Worknprogress well i run suicides full time, but the only reason why i switch them off is to place champs on defense without suicides, recoil and the bleed,poison debuffs makes defenders alot more weaker and easier to kill, especially when every def matters in high tiers of aw
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You use suicides, you suffer the consequences in defense. Plain and simple. Don’t want to do it? Don’t run suicides easy.

@Worknprogress well i run suicides full time, but the only reason why i switch them off is to place champs on defense without suicides, recoil and the bleed,poison debuffs makes defenders alot more weaker and easier to kill, especially when every def matters in high tiers of aw

I'm aware which is why I swap them as well. Otherwise I always have them unless a map 7 path dictates champ selection without them
    That doesnt change the fact that I dont agree that swapping them SHOULD be free. Dont get me wrong if they were i certainly wouldn't complain but I bet a whole lot of other people would. I'd personally prefer the ability to have preset mastery builds but still have the swap cost. That way sigil players dont have an actual advantage but they do hey a considerable QoL change

You use suicides, you suffer the consequences in defense. Plain and simple. Don’t want to do it? Don’t run suicides easy.

and thats why i switch them off to place champs with no suicides defense then turn them back on.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    No,
    1. This is an unfair advantage against the free to play players
    2. $$$
    Odachi said:

No,
    1. This is an unfair advantage against the free to play players
    2. $$$

I'm not saying I agree that they should be free to swap with sigil but there's nothing unfair about it at all if they were. It's an advantage that would be paid for. If people didnt spend any money at all then this game would have died off years ago. They have to sell something. That doesn't make it unfair when they do. F2p players choose to be f2p and spenders choose to spend. There wouldn't be any game for people to play for free if people weren't buying something.

I still dont agree with the free mastery swaps but the whole unfair thing is ridiculous honestly. You either feel something is worth spending for or you dont. If you don't, it's not unfair that someone else does

Or kabam can charge a little extra for sigil and add mastery changes to it. Don’t like it? Don’t buy sigil easy.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I feel like you've invalidated your whole argument then - you pay in units to swap masteries to give an advantage of both having and not having suicides at the same time. People choose to buy units to help them so it's their choice, so it's still paying but basically you want to pay less?
    The only real improvement I'd like to see in masteries is an A and a B setup so you can switch back - even if the same costs were involved just to have them saved would be so much better.
    Sigil is already giving people an advantage in multiple ways over players who don’t have it. That’s the incentive for paying for it.

Anyway, mastery changes are a disaster. They need a major quality of life update. There’s no reason we should have to remove a whole sheet to change 1 point in 1 mastery.

I also think they should also be covered by monthly sigil membership once they inevitably decide to increase the price. I rather pay once a month and have it covered than pay every time I change them 3x a week level by level as I remove entire sheets to change 4 points at the end mind numbing nonsense.
    Rektor said:

Sigil is already giving people an advantage in multiple ways over players who don’t have it. That’s the incentive for paying for it.

Anyway, mastery changes are a disaster. They need a major quality of life update. There’s no reason we should have to remove a whole sheet to change 1 point in 1 mastery.

I also think they should also be covered by monthly sigil membership once they inevitably decide to increase the price. I rather pay once a month and have it covered than pay every time I change them 3x a week level by level as I remove entire sheets to change 4 points at the end mind numbing nonsense.

The "advantage" from sigil currently is so minuscule it's not even worth mentioning honestly. The only people upset about it are perpetual moaners who want kabam to operate the game as a charity and expect nothing to be sold ever giving them the right to play at any level they like for absolutely no cost whatsoever

Rektor said:

The "advantage" from sigil currently is so minuscule it's not even worth mentioning honestly. The only people upset about it are perpetual moaners who want kabam to operate the game as a charity and expect nothing to be sold ever giving them the right to play at any level they like for absolutely no cost whatsoever
    Sigil users can open 10 more 5* crystals per year just with the shards they save from the 11k sigil feature. And get another 52k 5* shards from the weekly solo event. Don’t really think 156,000 more 5* shards than ftp is minuscule. And we get more than that on top. Let’s stop pretending including mastery changes in sigil crosses some mythical line of inequity when it’s already unequal in bigger way for those who don’t have it.
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    It would be best if they put option for ma stery set up where each section like eq,aq,aw and story quest
    Rektor said:

Rektor said:

Sigil users can open 10 more 5* crystals per year just with the shards they save from the 11k sigil feature. And get another 52k 5* shards from the weekly solo event. Don’t really think 156,000 more 5* shards than ftp is minuscule. And we get more than that on top. Let’s stop pretending including mastery changes in sigil crosses some mythical line of inequity when it’s already unequal in bigger way for those who don’t have it.
    There is absolutely nothing offered currently that a f2p player can't get by playing more. Want more shards or to open more crystals? Grind more arenas complete more content. Want more gold? Play more arena

So yes, I'd call that a minuscule advantage bc all it does is save a sigil player time.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

There is absolutely nothing offered currently that a f2p player can't get by playing more. Want more shards or to open more crystals? Grind more arenas complete more content. Want more gold? Play more arena

So yes, I'd call that a minuscule advantage bc all it does is save a sigil player time.
    Agree. And the “shard advantage” mainly stems from 15k vs 11k featured 5* crystals that a non-sigil buyer might not open in the first place.
    xNig said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

Agree. And the “shard advantage” mainly stems from 15k vs 11k featured 5* crystals that a non-sigil buyer might not open in the first place.
    Yep which is why I never understood the uproar about the sigil in the first place. Now if they add things like free mastery swaps, exclusive offers, reduced rank material costs, etc.... Then yes, I'd probably call most of those things a legitimate advantage. Currently though, not even close.

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

Time is money. You’re paying to get more from the same time/effort. Can’t grind for the inventory increase either.

156,000 extra 5* shards is finishing top 1% in 78 arenas. Good luck to free to play. I rather pay $10 for the advantage of doing 0 extra arena to get those shards.
    Rektor said:

Rektor said:

Rektor said:

Time is money. You’re paying to get more from the same time/effort. Can’t grind for the inventory increase either.

156,000 extra 5* shards is finishing top 1% in 78 arenas. Good luck to free to play. I rather pay $10 for the advantage of doing 0 extra arena to get those shards.
    All that does is reinforce my point. Everything but the inventory increase (which is nice sure but not game changing by any means) is attainable by a f2p player using more time. If youd rather spend the money, like I do myself, great you have that option. If you don't though, you still have the ability to get almost everything the person spending does if you're willing to put in the time for it
    Free to play can just grind arena for free to get the units to change masteries. I prefer sigil includes that in their package. Just my opinion as a consumer which I told kabam in their survey.

Either way, masteries need a major upgrade for everyone. We need to be able to remove individual masteries without removing the whole tree.
    Rektor said:

Free to play can just grind arena for free to get the units to change masteries. I prefer sigil includes that in their package. Just my opinion as a consumer which I told kabam in their survey.

Either way, masteries need a major upgrade for everyone. We need to be able to remove individual masteries without removing the whole tree.

I definitely agree they need to look at mastery changes in general. Making swaps free for sigil could be a bit much though even though yes you can grind for units. If they're free you could basically change masteries on a fight by fight basis like I've done plenty of times when we get free swap weeks. Gives you far more attack team flexibility when you can put suicides on just for the fights you use a suicide friendly champ for.