**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are awakening gems random?

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

Thanks really appreciate the 4th tech gem ive got 7 5* gems now 4 tech 3 science this is why ill stop spending money on this game look it up i had no prob spending 150 month but no more sick of being scammed by "random crystals" free to play here i come

What would spending have to do with a free crystal you get from a calendar?
  • Options
    RidiculousRidiculous Posts: 1
    I also have this same issue. Except the only awakening gyms I have ever received were for my garbage mutant champions that I don’t want to rank. It’s a huge scam
  • Options
    JVoorheesJVoorhees Posts: 48
    Lol...lets see how long before a moderator closes this thread.
  • Options
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Okay. You have a 17% chance at that everytime. The computer isn't affected by what you pulled last.

Actually the odds of pulling 9 tech gems in a row is 1/10077696
    That's the probability, but that doesn't account for the fact that each pull is a separate occurrence. It isn't swayed by the previous outcome, and that probability formula doesn't really explain recurrences with RNG. Each Crystal you open is a separate occurrence. It isn't even the consecutive outcomes. You would have to have access to all pulls in the game to see that sequence. Simply put, each time you roll the Crystal, it has an equal chance to go any of the six ways. That formula won't explain much at all, other than you think it's rare. You're also not opening 9 Crystals. You're opening one.....tic, toc.....then one.....tic, toc,.....in between those, other outcomes are being generated.
    That’s all assuming the crystal is random. Again... find me one for profit institution that prefers random outcomes vs predictable profit. There aren’t any. You’ve set up a false argument. Kabam isn’t simply rolling dice. And you don’t actually know their intent or their coding.
    But you didn't buy these AGs. They have nothing to profit from at all. You can 100% prove its random. You assume the gsme scans your inventory and gives you the one you least desire on purpose. How does the game know what I actually want? If I get 3 tech gems in a row, how would the game know whether I'm saving those because I don't have Ghost, Mysterio or Warlock who need to be awakened?

When someone wants 1 thing from a choice of 6, the actual chance of you getting what you want decreases since youve mentally eliminated 5 other choices. The possibility of you being disappointed goes up as well.

The game can't know you're true intentions. You are just looking for reasons to say its not RNG when it truly is since you didn't get what you want so it has to be rigged. But again, if you got what you wanted, you aren't going to say its rigged either. You'll just say its good luck.

I need a Mutant AG. I've never gotten a mutant AG so far out of all the ones I've gotten from this game. Doesnt mean the game knows this either. There are other champs that I can use the others on if I get a different one.
    Your making assumptions as to what kabam knows and that kabam in no way has their finger on the scales. Unlike the fgmcs, there is no “guaranteed” drop rates. Simple economic principles of scarcity would encourage Kabam’s algorithms to provide limited diversity to encourage later purchases. Ie the free crystal encourages later purchases of AG offers. It’s rather naive to presume that kabam doesn’t have economic interests even in “free” or “earned rewards”. I’d also like to point out that logging in for 90 days straight for all these rewards are earned, rather than free. I’m not saying there’s some grand conspiracy, rather sound financial interests on Kabam’s part. 🤷‍♂️
    They are free. You have to load the game. You don't have to fight or complete any content to get them. There's no actual way you can say you are earning them. If you are FTP then getting a free crystal isn't going to make you want to spend. Progressing faster is what would drive you to spend. Your logic is flawed really anyway since they are really only available to buy once, maybe twice a year. If what you say is true then shouldn't Kabam have seen a huge bump in revenue since the calendar also gave 5* shards, 6* shards and T2A right?

I get it, you see negatives where others just see positives and everyone is out to get everyone. You cant accept that sometimes it is what it is. I'd very much say you subscribe to some grand conspiracy. Everything you said leans exactly that way. Claiming something that there isn't any actual tangible evidence to support it, is conspiracy.
  • Options
    DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Not random
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

• Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Principles of scarcity be damned!
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey I think you figured out a way to trick the Kabamorithm that reads Line to help determine what not to give you. It obviously isn’t written to recognize pet names players give champions. Stop talking about the champs you want to awaken by name/initials folks!
    DarthPhal said:

• Options
    Doonx said:

Not random

Provide proof please @Doonx
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Can we just take a moment to analyze how they gave us a Gem and people think it's a set-up. Lol?
  • Options
    JVoorheesJVoorhees Posts: 48
    Analyzing requires some thought...this is purely emotional*
  • Options
    Mountie69Mountie69 Posts: 21

If you did play the game for 91 days straight then you would know everything is by chance, the entrire game revolves around chance it's just how it works. You will get a 5* Tech champ eventually from a 5 star crystal, but that fact is base on chance. Side note I really like how you worked in "loyal gamer" to this it made me laugh also, with the extreme use of vocabulary.

Did you also like how I misspelled acquire?
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom @Demonzfyre I dont think that theres a price of code for every account lmao. The guy who I replied to did, and I was saying that it wasn't. If you read my post you'll see that I said, there's an overarching piece of code for the entire game lol
  • Options
    Ah. Okay. My bad.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I've pulled:
    1 skill
    0 Science
    2 tech
    2 Mutant
    1 Mystic
    6 Cosmic

Pretty balanced except for the Cosmic. I got a cosmic with this one and with the last 3. Would have been happy with any other class and pretty disappointed with this pull. I don't believe that Kabam employed the shaft Noir algorithm though. It's frustrating but it's just bad RNG.
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    I have pulled 7 5* Tech gems. 7. I still have 4. More than double of all other classes I have pulled COMBINED. Which class have I reliably had more gems in my inventory? Tech.

Also, the code that scans and knows what you have in your inventory already exists and is used by Kabam daily for every single person playing this game. Ever get an offer to top off a catalyst of a certain class after getting close to a whole one? Or a rank up material offer for that class of champion you just popped? Or shards to finish off the rest of your 4*/5* champion crystal since you are close?

• Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Donnymeij said:

Yes they are, just look at the poll on this forum where is asked what people pulled. Pretty even distribution of classes.

Even distribution across multiple accounts, not within each account, which is what people seem to have an issue with... some accounts just seem to pull the same class the vast majority of the time.
  • Options
    Happens all the time with RNG. Rarely have I seen people pull Classes evenly with Champs, for example. Sometimes it leans to one Class, sometimes it takes a long time to pull certain Classes, etc. RNG doesn't stop you from pulling the same thing.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

I have pulled 7 5* Tech gems. 7. I still have 4. More than double of all other classes I have pulled COMBINED. Which class have I reliably had more gems in my inventory? Tech.

Also, the code that scans and knows what you have in your inventory already exists and is used by Kabam daily for every single person playing this game. Ever get an offer to top off a catalyst of a certain class after getting close to a whole one? Or a rank up material offer for that class of champion you just popped? Or shards to finish off the rest of your 4*/5* champion crystal since you are close?

So, you think they are lying when they say it's equal chance for each class, and really it's a screw the player algorithm? Except they also need some people to get what they want, so some people have their account flagged to give them the give them what they need algorithm. Maybe just to shake things up and keep it less noticeable, most players have the straight crystal, but you got unlucky and got the screw the player algorithm. Maybe you should keep starting new accounts until you find a lucky one... Or, just possibly a multi million dollar game doesn't run a scam and lie about the drop rates opening themselves up to scandals and lawsuits and it's just RNG. Take your pick. I am far from a Kabam apologist but the conspiracy theories are a little crazy.
  • Options
    OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    edited September 2019
    Still have a week for mines lmao but hoping for a good one......
  • Options
    GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    It is free. use it or save it
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    SolvseusSolvseus Posts: 77
    I just got a 5* Killmonger. Awakening gem was Skill. Coincidence?

Yes.
This discussion has been closed.