**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shouldn't Hela's medium and heavy be considered a non-contact and/or projectile attack?

DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
At the very least, her second medium since she's throwing weapons to hit the opponent and not hitting directly with any part of her body. It's the same idea as Domino's gun shots except instead of bullets, she's throwing spears

EDIT: Forgot to mention, her heavy also has her summoning weapons towards the opponent without physically touching the opponent or the weapons

Comments

• Tim1234Tim1234 Posts: 163
    by the way hela is not living up to her name as queen of hel
  • Tim1234Tim1234 Posts: 163
    she is not what i expected
  • Tim1234 said:

As I recall, Angela is the Queen of Hel, though there is so much lore here that I might not know about Hela also taking that title as well.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Kalantak said:

Tim1234 said:

As I recall, Angela is the Queen of Hel, though there is so much lore here that I might not know about Hela also taking that title as well.
    hela is queen of hel. (asgardian underworld)
    Comic-wise, I know Angela was Queen of Hel, Hela probably was at some point also. MCoC Hela is from Thor: Ragnarok, where she was Queen of Asgard (And technically the other 8 realms, including Helheim/Niflheim/etc).
    AFAIK, at least, lol.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

In that case you could say the same for ds and magneto, they’re using blasts of energy to deal damage, not punching

Yeah that actually makes sense. Those two arent very strong either so might as give them this small tweak (separately and before they are reworked...or at least, I wish they get reworked)
    JohnHS said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass this on to the team for consideration.

That'd be awesome. I feel champs actual moves should be reflected more. Could you guys do something with flying champs perhaps? Not touching the ground's gotta be useful in some circumstances. Like earthquakes or shock along the ground.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. Kinda sucks that most flying champs are above-average to god tier save Vulture
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    JohnHS said:

That'd be awesome. I feel champs actual moves should be reflected more. Could you guys do something with flying champs perhaps? Not touching the ground's gotta be useful in some circumstances. Like earthquakes or shock along the ground.
    You must’ve missed all the times Daisy Quaked things right out of the air.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

JohnHS said:

You must’ve missed all the times Daisy Quaked things right out of the air.
    When charging her heavy, she's clearly launching shockwaves at the ground. Her specials and regular hits are higher up, but she's shaking only the ground with her heavy.
    Not advocating for a Quake nerf though.
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    Same with Punisher 2099’s second medium
  • UnFazedSkullUnFazedSkull Posts: 245 ★★
    JohnHS said:

Something like that kind of reminds me of what they do with Pokémon lol
  • PachPach Posts: 131
    edited October 2019
    Personally for me Hellas deer horn things remind me of the movie Bambi
    I have no idea why so specific
    It brings up traumatic childhood memories
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Helas attacks should inflict bleed she is the goddess of death weaving all those swords spears and throwing axes in specials bleed should be added
    Belfigor2 said:

Amonthir said:

Kalantak said:

Tim1234 said:

hela is queen of hel. (asgardian underworld)
    Comic-wise, I know Angela was Queen of Hel, Hela probably was at some point also. MCoC Hela is from Thor: Ragnarok, where she was Queen of Asgard (And technically the other 8 realms, including Helheim/Niflheim/etc).
    AFAIK, at least, lol.
    lol you talk "comic-wise" and seem to be clueless about Hela, you only read comics from 2016 and forward or something?
    Im from a gen that csn freely admit i have no clue who angela is and she seem like she was created for political reasons like girl thor, kamala and morales.
    Hela is the goddess of death, Hel is her realm...btw why fo you think she is named Hela and the domain she rule is named Hel?
    Also her name is Hel, not Hela. and her domain is Hel...Hela might be the american name or the comic book name.
    Ruler of hel, the goddess of death got death touch, meaning she can touch any mortal beings(asgardians are not immortal) and they die instantaneously, i font know what her death touch would do to olympians, eternals, elders etc...

maybe angela was an intern in Hel or perhaps ruled temporary...have no clue, but Hel is the domain of Hel...

ofc you can say dormammu is a chump as well as clea took over the dark dimension from him, but most still associate the dark dimension with dormammu, not Clea
    From what i remember Angela is Thor's sister and Hela is Loki's daughter. But in the MCU, they changed it