**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Still no colossus buff???

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,190 ★★★★★
    Saying it is their goal but things could change isn't the same as saying, "Next Update. Promise."
  • Summoner8516Summoner8516 Posts: 23

Yep. Read it. They said their goal was the next Update. Depending on how things went, it could be pushed further. Nowhere did they say they guaranteed it would be out this Update.
    If you're going to go to all that trouble to prove me wrong, you might want to read more closely.

Good lord. You’re proving yourself wrong. I NEVER said they guaranteed it. I said they EXPECTED it - which are the exact words Kabam Miike used in the thread I linked.

Saying it is their goal but things could change isn't the same as saying, "Next Update. Promise."

No kidding. I never said they promised it.
    So....things unexpected came up. You really need me to fill that in?
    Oh....you just want to spout insults. In that case, we can be done.
  • LotbrokenLotbroken Posts: 16

I hope so. Some of us have been stashing resources waiting for this buff and it’s really dragged out.

Thanks for the information. It just would have been mice to let us know without so many of us having to ask repeatedly.

Indeed! I have ranked them to 4/55 and 3/45 ages ago already and have been waiting like a child, saving up both resourses and awakening gem since they were first announcing the buff about 6 months ago. Now i am getting really tired of saving them since i have other champs i want to use the items on, if oml and colossus does not live up to my expectations.. i’m glad kabam are taking their time to get it right and all that, but they could atleast finish the buff before they start planing to nerf other champions and start a new community choice champion buff vote etc. And maybe try to set a deadline for the release so we know how much longer we have to save items for the buff. Don’t keep us in the dark please! Keep us updated on the buff instead of just casually commenting on forum posts that the buff is not due yet🤷🏼‍♂️ @Kabam Lyra 😉 Really looking forward to this since the only way i seam to get good champions is through buffs. #Worstluckinthegame
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 180
    I Think that this quibbling in the different Posts is not really the Point. The Thing is, that Kabam has aroused an Expectation, which they dont have fullfill. Even in the German Forum they said weeks ago, that "The Launch of the new Colossus and OML is only one Step away and all Bugs are fixed for 99%". So what should I Think, when I read such an Information many weeks bevor a new Update comes along?
    The real Problem is, that they announced Things, which they can´t fullfill. Then they dont communicate the new Plan. I can´t belive, that Kabam has no Idea, when they want to go live with the new Buffs. Do they plan to integrate this in the November - Update, do they plan to do an seperate Update, are the Problems so hard, that they can´t say anything at this Point? There must be a Plan. But we are not involved. We have to speculate and to wait and nobody knows something accurate. If Kabam will announced, that the Buffs will come with the November - Update, it would be hard for me to wait, but it will be ok. Because then i know what is going on. But to know nothing, waiting, hoping, then be disappointing, dissappointing becomes an annoyance, this makes no fun.

So Kabam, pleas tell us, what is your Plan?
  • LufasoLufaso Posts: 104
    I expected nothing from this update and I'm still disappointed. Great work Kabam.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Oh please. You’re such a shill @GroundedWisdom. Don’t ignore that Miike also said on the third that they expected it to be put in October. Don’t go around saying it’s been “the fall” all along.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/966690/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf#Comment_966690

Hey @Summoner8516 yes Miike did say Fall

That last line there. Barring any changes.....early Fall.
  • I have a nice fat stash waiting potentially to r5 that beauty OML
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    So they are in temporary bases status...good to know... 👍
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★

He never said guaranteed, but continue to try and cover yourself. Also he ended the conversation and then you come back and try and end it yourself????

Kabam stated they were going to try and release it in October, if this ended up not being the case, they could have at least told people. They spout wanting to be more transparent, but then don’t inform the community if something comes up.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

He never said guaranteed, but continue to try and cover yourself. Also he ended the conversation and then you come back and try and end it yourself????

Kabam stated they were going to try and release it in October, if this ended up not being the case, they could have at least told people. They spout wanting to be more transparent, but then don’t inform the community if something comes up.
    Their original timeframe was Fall. So they are still in line with that if they release in November and even in December.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I don’t think you guys understand this wait is a good sign. It means they’re not just releasing the beta versions of Colossus and OML. All the feedback was overwhelming that these champs still needed some tweaking. I take the delay as a sign they are listening to our feedback.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    So they release quickly and then tweak the champ after release it's "Bro, do you even test?"

Then they announce the buff still needs fine tuning and it's "Enough with the delays, release it already!!"

Hilarious!
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★

@GroundedWisdom This is the first thing @Summoner8516 said:

Oh please. You’re such a shill @GroundedWisdom. Don’t ignore that Miike also said on the third that they expected it to be put in October. Don’t go around saying it’s been “the fall” all along.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/966690/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf#Comment_966690

He clearly states, that Kabam was expecting the buffs to come out in October, so this statement of you is a really rude one:

He wasn't spouting insults. This unnecessary "discussion" could have been avoided by you reading his first statement properly.
  • MoletronMoletron Posts: 43
    We keep asking every day because we keep waiting for some kind of definitive official announcement to be made on the date, but instead have to dig through various community threads where we've gotten purposely vague answers. The anxiety over waiting for the buffs comes from us just not knowing when its coming this whole time.
  • MoletronMoletron Posts: 43
    And seasons and months don't count as release dates
  • KingRebel87KingRebel87 Posts: 14
    I think another update comes tomorrow with the EQ, maybe it comes then
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Werewrym said:

I don’t think you guys understand this wait is a good sign. It means they’re not just releasing the beta versions of Colossus and OML. All the feedback was overwhelming that these champs still needed some tweaking. I take the delay as a sign they are listening to our feedback.

Agreed, I’m sure most people are just waiting for a response from them saying “sorting through the feedback, we will give you an update as soon as possible”

@GroundedWisdom This is the first thing @Summoner8516 said:

He clearly states, that Kabam was expecting the buffs to come out in October, so this statement of you is a really rude one:

He wasn't spouting insults. This unnecessary "discussion" could have been avoided by you reading his first statement properly.
    Doubtful. I didn't even say he said guarantee. That was my choice of word. It wasn't a direct quote. There's a way to communicate with people in a civil manner. That ain't it.
  • One of the Kabam replies does mention on Sept 3 that may not be until Fall (GW). But there is the other reply (as noted by Neo) where on Sept 9 someone chimes in with “October” and is followed same day by Kabam saying “thanks for the assist”. So you could see how that one (6 days later that other reply) would lead others to believe they thought it would be ready for October.

So really, both arguments for “when” had supported claims.
    But was still a while ago, too far out to have known for sure when all the changes would be complete and fully tested.

(and first time I’ve seen someone else with name of “Summoner...” up here in a same post, lol)

Hey @Summoner8516 yes Miike did say Fall

That last line there. Barring any changes.....early Fall.

God @Liss_Bliss_ .... read what I wrote. I never said he didn’t say “fall” I linked right to Miikes statement that they EXPECTED the buffs to come out in the NEXT RELEASE. That was posted on September third (so October). I get that stuff comes up and delays it, I just wish they would have been forward with us and came out to let us know without having to spam the forums to finally get an answer.

And if you want to get into semantics he said “early fall” - and that sure isn’t November. Whatever, I give up.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Come on, Kabam. You can do better than this, why the delay? It's been almost 5 months since the buff poll, almost a full month since the beta, what reason could there possibly be to extend this even further?

Even if there is, we as players deserve to be kept up to date with this. Not giving any information about it, that's a low blow.
    It's not that hard to figure out. Clearly something came up that pushed it back, and Vydious was operating out of the response that they were aiming for October. The timeline is there. Anything can happen between the 9th and the Update. My God. It'll be out when it's out.
This discussion has been closed.