**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New AI is pretty toxic

2»

Comments

• Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Sometimes I can literally stand in face of enemy for good few seconds without even holding block and they don't do anything at all. Every hyperion and mordo are on all or nothing now. Game is unplayable in it's current state.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Sometimes I can literally stand in face of enemy for good few seconds without even holding block and they don't do anything at all. Every hyperion and mordo are on all or nothing now. Game is unplayable in it's current state.

It's not unplayable. Just significantly frustrating. The largest issue I have is that it's almost like Fights are on an RNG reel. Sometimes I'll have to restart many times before I get a combo of controls and AI that cooperate. It's frustrating because there seems to be this automatic Intercept that's taking place. Block is automatic, Mediums are whiffed everytime, and it will wait for sometimes minutes for an opening to Intercept. I've seen two major patterns. Extremely passive with Intercept, and extremely aggro with freezing controls and no way to respond. While I agree that it's almost impossible to play to the best of our ability, I wouldn't call it unplayable.
  • Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

RogerRabs said:

Hey all,

Just a note: This was not an intended change to the AI. We are working on a fix for this for the next update.

Why was new content released when you knew the AI was broken? And do you have any plans to rectify this? Or is the player base SOL like usual?
    Working on a fix = plans to rectify.

C'mon man read.
    I understand they’re working on a fix because I did read the post. So take your snark elsewhere.

Simply fixing the AI doesn’t rectify the situation in my opinion. I want to know why they didn’t tell people the AI was broken until now. I want to know what they’re actually doing to make sure the game doesn’t break every time they release something. And what they’re doing to make players who were effected by this whole.
  • Options
    LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★

Hey all,

Just a note: This was not an intended change to the AI. We are working on a fix for this for the next update.

No hurry, luckily i have unlimited resources to invest into the unintended changes. I’m sure next update will fix all the problems. Smh
  • Options
    Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Definitely a change in the way the AI plays. It is starting and stopping so irregularly. You can see them twitching like crazy between block and open stance. I'm glad this got acknowledged as a bug because frankly its quite unplayable. In a game like this (frankly in most games), AI will beat human everytime if AI is ramped up enough because AI has all the processing speed, 0.00001 second reaction time and no touch input delay. If AI plays like a human plays then it'll just be both sides holding block for most of the fight.

Edit: I just noticed this was not reflected in the list of known issues. It should be added to the list since Miike has said here that it was not an intended change and a fix will be coming.
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Definitely a change in the way the AI plays. It is starting and stopping so irregularly. You can see them twitching like crazy between block and open stance. I'm glad this got acknowledged as a bug because frankly its quite unplayable. In a game like this (frankly in most games), AI will beat human everytime if AI is ramped up enough because AI has all the processing speed, 0.00001 second reaction time and no touch input delay. If AI plays like a human plays then it'll just be both sides holding block for most of the fight.

Edit: I just noticed this was not reflected in the list of known issues. It should be added to the list since Miike has said here that it was not an intended change and a fix will be coming.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra any updates?
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

Hey all,

Can we android players well I dont know ...
    .. Be able to play your game without an issue for 2 months consistently? It only takes 2 clicks for the money purchases but months for a parry fix and little bugs? Pls!
  • Options
    Still waiting on this acknowledged bug to make it to its way in the "known list of issues". It will help with accountability...
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi,

If you have any additional information about AI staying in block mode, please post it in this thread. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.