**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is my account banned

2»

Comments

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    ]

My own actions? I still have my account! I'm still ranked in a top 200 alliance, and I'm still playing. My action speak loud and clear. I sure hope the next time you get a parking ticket you end up in the slammer for 6 months. Then there will be some peace and quite around here. Because you know it's an offense and you broke a rule. But Im sure you've never broken a rule. Needless to say, my opinion stands that plain account sharing for the sake of real life shouldn't be a permanent ban. I have no issue with modders being gone permanently, make no mistake about that.

If he pays off the parking ticket it is legally impossible for him to go to jail for 6 months on a sole parking ticket level offense. It is your opinion that account sharers shouldn't be banned but the thing is your opinion doesn't matter it is kabam employees' opinion that account sharers should be banned and since this is their game and clearly in the terms of service even if it is unfair if they wanted they could ban everyone who shared their account even once and have it be completely justified. If you steal 2 dollars worth of candy you could legally be fined get 1000$, you could also steal a 200 dollar guitar and be legally fined 1000$, this may seem wildly unfair but it is completely legal and is 100% the theft's fault. Same thing here, modding is much worse than account sharing but kabam have the right to dish out the same punishment for both under ToS violations.
  • Options
    Michael69814Michael69814 Posts: 1
    For all those that say account sharing is worthy of a ban, I have 2 questions for you. Do you work? And do you have a life? This is a game not your life.
  • Options
    Shadez6Shadez6 Posts: 7
    edited August 2017
    Shadez6 wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    You are hacking that is why your account is banned good job kabam

I'm not though, that's why I'm asking. The only thing I can think of is an officer logging in for me to move me in aq while I sleep

So you acct shared? That's a ban
    OK so I'm guilty of that, but a perma ban... For someone who spends a decent amount on their game. With no reason, and having to send a ticket in to even ask why. It's bad customer experience. Actually it's probably enough for people to charge back their purchases, not that I've looked at that option yet

LOLOLOLOL

Its bad customer service that they dont allow you to cheat and unban your account, funniest thing ever

And good luck re the charge backs, Google and apple dont do that for accounts that break the terms that are listed ON THEIR OWN SITES

You're obviously a bitter person with little empathy, I stayed in an alliance I liked and we're over different timezones. We all share since we're good mates, and it helps keep us moving etc.

I actually started trying to rationalise with you but you're making me feel better, the 'community' here is toxic. You're lauging at people
    @GroundedWisdom Get off your high horse, there are lot of people out there today that got banned. And yes it's a new wave on people account sharing. While that may be simply running a line in AQ or moving them along to not get stuck. This infraction in no way should warrant a permanent ban. 72 hours or 30 days is a big enough deterrent. But permanent ban is way over the top. I lost a lot of good mates, today because of them needing help during real life issues. Not for modding, but simply getting help to use energy. You always come on here and beat a dead horse on the TOS but let's take a look at it from real world perspective. Get out of you basement and meet some real people for once. Life happens!

It's simple. If it's agaisnt the rules, then it's subject to disciplinary action. It's not our place to say what is appropriate action. If people don't want to be reprimanded, then they need to follow rules. I'm not on a high horse. I just play by the rules. They're there for a reason. Any violation of TOS can be subject to banning.

Kabam has stated that each case is looked at individually and you are always on a high horse. In previous posts they have stated that different infractions will have different consequences. So yes they should be treated differently.

You keep implying that I'm on a high horse, but you're trying to justify it by implying it's a lesser offense. It's not. It's a rule. When rules are broken, that can lead to action with sufficient evidence. It is not a lesser offense, or a greater one. It's an offense. The simple solution is: "Don't break the rules.". Your arguments say more about your own actions than anything.

My own actions? I still have my account! I'm still ranked in a top 200 alliance, and I'm still playing. My action speak loud and clear. I sure hope the next time you get a parking ticket you end up in the slammer for 6 months. Then there will be some peace and quite around here. Because you know it's an offense and you broke a rule. But Im sure you've never broken a rule. Needless to say, my opinion stands that plain account sharing for the sake of real life shouldn't be a permanent ban. I have no issue with modders being gone permanently, make no mistake about that.

Thanks dude, I was struggling to articulate this, and that's a nice analagy to sum it up.
    For all those that say account sharing is worthy of a ban, I have 2 questions for you. Do you work? And do you have a life? This is a game not your life.

I think that's a majo issue here, those of us with decent jobs drop money on the game but still need to share accounts to keep up with aq etc. I've not read the T&Cs, if anyone has in depth my hat goes off to you, but I can accept that infraction but because it's what they state doesn't make it right. We get dictatorships that way. **** I've actually almost gone into the old reddit argument about ****'s within x posts lol.
  • Options
    MarlonMarlon Posts: 10
    Aqui não tem administrativo pra me ajudar
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

I'm not though, that's why I'm asking. The only thing I can think of is an officer logging in for me to move me in aq while I sleep

OK so I'm guilty of that, but a perma ban... For someone who spends a decent amount on their game. With no reason, and having to send a ticket in to even ask why. It's bad customer experience. Actually it's probably enough for people to charge back their purchases, not that I've looked at that option yet

LOLOLOLOL

Its bad customer service that they dont allow you to cheat and unban your account, funniest thing ever

And good luck re the charge backs, Google and apple dont do that for accounts that break the terms that are listed ON THEIR OWN SITES

You're obviously a bitter person with little empathy, I stayed in an alliance I liked and we're over different timezones. We all share since we're good mates, and it helps keep us moving etc.

I actually started trying to rationalise with you but you're making me feel better, the 'community' here is toxic. You're lauging at people who
    @GroundedWisdom Get off your high horse, there are lot of people out there today that got banned. And yes it's a new wave on people account sharing. While that may be simply running a line in AQ or moving them along to not get stuck. This infraction in no way should warrant a permanent ban. 72 hours or 30 days is a big enough deterrent. But permanent ban is way over the top. I lost a lot of good mates, today because of them needing help during real life issues. Not for modding, but simply getting help to use energy. You always come on here and beat a dead horse on the TOS but let's take a look at it from real world perspective. Get out of you basement and meet some real people for once. Life happens!

It's simple. If it's agaisnt the rules, then it's subject to disciplinary action. It's not our place to say what is appropriate action. If people don't want to be reprimanded, then they need to follow rules. I'm not on a high horse. I just play by the rules. They're there for a reason. Any violation of TOS can be subject to banning.

Kabam has stated that each case is looked at individually and you are always on a high horse. In previous posts they have stated that different infractions will have different consequences. So yes they should be treated differently.

You keep implying that I'm on a high horse, but you're trying to justify it by implying it's a lesser offense. It's not. It's a rule. When rules are broken, that can lead to action with sufficient evidence. It is not a lesser offense, or a greater one. It's an offense. The simple solution is: "Don't break the rules.". Your arguments say more about your own actions than anything.

Thanks dude, I was struggling to articulate this, and that's a nice analagy to sum it up.
    It's

I think that's a majo issue here, those of us with decent jobs drop money on the game but still need to share accounts to keep up with aq etc. I've not read the T&Cs, if anyone has in depth my hat goes off to you, but I can accept that infraction but because it's what they state doesn't make it right. We get dictatorships that way. **** I've actually almost gone into the old reddit argument about ****'s within x posts lol.

The rules are the rules. They don't change based on Ally Rating or individual life circumstances. People aren't entitled to Rewards that they don't work for themselves. It makes it harder on everyone else in the system by creating an unfair monopoly on them. If someone isn't around, they can't play. Simple as that. If people can't play, they shouldn't be getting the Rewards. What you have is Allies hoarding Rewards by breaking the rules, and a system that won't allow honest people to grow properly. If you want to imply people are too stern, that's up to you. They're tired of compensating for someone else's unfair advantage to get Rewards.
  • Options
    Shadez6Shadez6 Posts: 7

LOLOLOLOL

I actually started trying to rationalise with you but you're making me feel better, the 'community' here is toxic. You're lauging at people who

It's

The rules are the rules. They don't change based on Ally Rating or individual life circumstances. People aren't entitled to Rewards that they don't work for themselves. It makes it harder on everyone else in the system by creating an unfair monopoly on them. If someone isn't around, they can't play. Simple as that. If people can't play, they shouldn't be getting the Rewards. What you have is Allies hoarding Rewards by breaking the rules, and a system that won't allow honest people to grow properly. If you want to imply people are too stern, that's up to you. They're tired of compensating for someone else's unfair advantage to get Rewards.

All it does, in aq, is get you moving quicker. They pretty much said the same the last time we had 30 min timers. It's jsut god awful design and limiting to enjoyment. Anyway Ignore me, I'm annoyed and frankly there is no point arguing, I'll wait on support to explain what has happened. If it's account sharing that did it, I'm out, and I'll enjoy the time back. If i get back in I'll play by their rules and actually spend the time to craft a meaningful suggestion even if they don't listen.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    (serious voice) Account sharing affects their bottom line, similar to someone sharing a plate at an all-u-can-eat buffet. Maybe they just share a bite or two, or maybe they double-load up on the prime rib and crab legs. Maybe it would cost them nothing, or maybe they lost out on someone dropping $500 to clear LOL - you just can't know, hence the harsh penalties.
  • Options
    We don't discuss bans or actions taken on individual accounts in the forums. If you'd like to contest a ban or action, please contact our Support team. More information can be found here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/13/help-ive-been-banned-what-do-i-do-now
This discussion has been closed.