**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

It's an All-out Mutant Celebration this August!

Summoners! August is almost here and we've got an all-out Mutant celebration planned...

Starting with the introduction of the two New Mutants and the return of the Classic "Polar Opposites" Quest, it is going to be a HUGE month filled with a lot to look forward to...

Find out everything that's happening in the Battlerealm in our look forward to August on our blog!

EDIT: For clarification, the Old Man Logan and Colossus Beta Tests are scheduled for later in August, not later in July.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Awesome possum.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Before it's asked, yes, we changed the 2015 Rank Up gem to a 2015+2016 Rank Up Gem Crystal this time!

Thank you can’t wajt to get she hulk up

Before it's asked, yes, we changed the 2015 Rank Up gem to a 2015+2016 Rank Up Gem Crystal this time!

Can I assume the global nodes will have to do with if the champion is metal or not
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    Can we get a heads up on possible special objectives if there are any, so we can know if we should be saving crystals for attempting to pull mutant champs?
  • UbersoulUbersoul Posts: 53
    It was leaked that warlock is going to be tech not mutant. But you're saying there will be two new mutants in the announcement chat. So is warlock going to be mutant or tech?
    @Kabam Miike like v2 will the rewards be slightly increased for v3 or not?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I have 0 complaints. This looks awesome! I really love adding 2016 champs to the rank up gems. Nice touch Kabam.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★

That’s awesome! How about the previous 2015 Rank up gems? Some of us got so many of the same class and already have those champs at R4, there’s no one else to use them on.

Will those also be turned to 2015/2016? Or can we sell them or trade them for something if they won’t?

Thank you!
  • Kobster84 said:

@Kabam Miike like v2 will the rewards be slightly increased for v3 or not?

You'll have to wait until the actual announcement to see!
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Glad to see 2016 gems this time.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Amazing! Can't wait for V3, the beta for Colossus and OML, and I'm hoping the labs are going to be cool too. Exciting month! I assume there will be some new and interesting mechanic for V3?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019
    Man I just ranked Hyperion and Voodoo recently. I really hope I don’t get cosmic or mystic.

But don’t get me wrong, this all still sounds fantastic.
    V1PER1987 said:

Man I just ranked Hyperion and Voodoo recently. I really hope I don’t get cosmic or mystic.

Yeah that would kinda suck... We're starting to get into some champs that are actually top tier and people have already ranked them to r4.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

V1PER1987 said:

Yeah that would kinda suck... We're starting to get into some champs that are actually top tier and people have already ranked them to r4.
    The point of gems was so you didnt have to use precious cats on so called bad champs
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Well thats one way to view them at any rate lol
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Dont know if it can be answered already, but how many quests will Variant 3 have?
    Buttehrs said:

Werewrym said:

V1PER1987 said:

The point of gems was so you didnt have to use precious cats on so called bad champs
    Yeah I understand that, but typically you want to use them on someone who's going to be at least mildly useful.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Hehe BOI
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    So... Deadpool was in this month’s event quest, last month (I think) we had the pools gold crystals and next month it looks like he’s the enemy? Why so much ‘pool? DP buff incoming?
    edited July 2019
    Jestress said:

So... Deadpool was in this month’s event quest, last month (I think) we had the pools gold crystals and next month it looks like he’s the enemy? Why so much ‘pool? DP buff incoming?

They use deadpool in event quests way too much. Need to step outside their comfort zone.
    True. Unless this is building up to something, (and I don’t really think it is) they need to lay off the Deadpool.
    Jestress said:

Jestress said:

They use deadpool in event quests way too much. Need to step outside their comfort zone.
    True. Unless this is building up to something, (and I don’t really think it is) they need to lay off the Deadpool.
    Agree that it's not likely leading up to any kind of a deadpool buff. They just use him a lot as comic relief. Would be good if they brought a little personality to the other dozens of champs in this game.
    I’d be down for, say, Ant-Man as comic relief. And they should add some personality to the characters they created for this game. There are loads of great characters with great flavor in this game. They should have a chance to speak.
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    I get the point of the 2015 gems and now the 2016 gems. You want people to rank older champs that aren't top tier. It's not a bad thing, but there's so many gems coming and so few older champs to rank, it's actually having the opposite effect. I have several 2015 champs that I want to rank up, but I'm having to delay that in case I get a corresponding 2015 gem. If I rank them now, and get the gem later, I have no one to use it on and it will be a waste. So now instead of ranking the old champs I like, I have to focus on the newer champs and wait to see what gems will be released in the future.
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    I'm glad they changed the gems to 2016's but man I sure hope I don't pull a tech one. You have two options, Civil Warrior and Howard, ugh.