**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help me not regret maxing out Namor

I had five stars of AA and OR at high sig and rank 4, and had an unawakened domino at rank 3. Loved all 3 of those champs. I rolled Namor and saw that I had a lot of sig stones and both a mutant awakening gem and rank 4-5 gem. So, I lost my head and now have a 5/65 rank 200 Namor as seen below. I did this because my alliance constantly talks about his damage, utility, etc.

I don’t know how to use him. All these videos I see show him in ROL or LOL. And the videos I’ve seen talk about getting him to 30 on his outrage meter and waiting at least 1 minute into a fight before you really get powerful. Seems like a high ramp up guy for LOL for which aegon might be more useful

Does anyone use him for variant, UC quests or AW/AQ? If so, how do you use him? Seems tedious having to ramp up for every single fight, but all of these tier lists can’t be wrong. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Idk the usual strategy is get to sp3 for the fury, then when you get Imperius Rex, sp3 again. After that point, just spam specials
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Also good for any matchups with unavoidable damage
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    His ramp up time is a bit long which is why I did not take up my 4 star.
  • Cx8Cx8 Posts: 77
    Long ramp up, just gotta be patient, should have r4’d then played with him to see if you like him or not, and how he plays
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,043 ★★★★★
    He ain’t really a lol champions he is okay for it just tiny danmged cap. U you hav the thorn node in AW if u one that part narmor rekt that’s part
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    At the moment he’s not useful everywhere, seatin said it in his top 10 2019 chanps, he suffers from proxima midnight syndrome, he has a long ramp up, and the healthpools aren’t big enough for him to maximise his damage, and he has big single hits and isn’t great for lol, currently he’s best used for damage back fights where his sig can work, but in the future of the game he will be able to properly ramp up and reach his potential, he seems like a bit of an investment for the future to me, and omega was the better rank up choice imo, but he’s a great champ with insane potential for the future
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    I took him to 5/65 200 sig and don't regret it at all. I even used a Mutant AG on him over OR (whom I still haven't awoken because I haven't duped him or gotten another gem since).

I use him in War, I've used him in Variant, Questing all the time and even AQ. He's useful for EQ, all unavoidable damage nodes, he's super resilient, has amazing damage, heals, and has a massive prestige. You shouldn't regret your decision at all.

Fight with him as normal and build to an SP3. Hold onto your SP3 until you have around 25 or so outrage. You can wait until you get closer to 30 if you're more familiar with the timing. Throw your SP3 before you get to 30 outrage so that when you hit 30 outrage you already have a fury. Make sure you're attacking when you would hit 30 outrage because this will push you to another SP3.

Launch that SP3 as soon as you can. You now have two massive fury and a full power bar, you will at least get off one SP2 which will give a massive stun. There's not much in game outside of LOL which will stand up to that damage.
  • Jet6_3Jet6_3 Posts: 43
    You can chain 3-4 SP3s by using your heavies to gain power. You can practice the timing in ROL winter soldier, but most fights wouldn't need that.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    edited December 2019
    Don't use your specials until you get to 15 outrage charges and 2 bars of power. Dash back, hold block, activate imperious rex, use sp3 then immediately dash forward for sp2 (unblockable), stun opponent and finish with sp1. That should be about 60-70k damage. Also you gain 6% missing health for each of those 3 specials. I see a lot of posts about waiting for 30 charges but that's overkill for the majority of situations.
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I'm new to him as well and just r5'd him yesterday but from what I see so far the big hit you want is that unblockable sp2 after the fury from the sp3. So doing it at 15charges will get to that in half the time.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I use him every AW. Great for thorns path and korgs. Also against Nick Fury. I don’t regret it at all.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    What everyone else said about ramping up- and special use. Also, he was huge for me in variant 2... He and Blade's parries allowed me to get through minimizing units and saving the XL champs for the key fights.
  • AS some have mentioned, his signature ability gives him the ability to send damage he would take while attacking back at his opponent, so he can take on fights against, Killmonger, Electro, Morningstar, and Korg without having to worry as much about losing health when he hits them. He can do the same on any nodes that would cause him damage, so long as he is attacking somebody.
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    definitley not a bad thing, I loved my 3-star namor and im grinding like crazy for a 4-satr (arena). the fact you have a duped 5* is beautiful. he is definitley worth it and use full nearly everywhere. I would use him as an AW boss or just as someone on your team. stack bleeds with his first, stun with second, and get
    a fury with his third. I recently beat a 4 star crossbones with my 3 star maxed out namor with sig.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    H_I_Z said:

definitley not a bad thing, I loved my 3-star namor and im grinding like crazy for a 4-satr (arena). the fact you have a duped 5* is beautiful. he is definitley worth it and use full nearly everywhere. I would use him as an AW boss or just as someone on your team. stack bleeds with his first, stun with second, and get
    a fury with his third. I recently beat a 4 star crossbones with my 3 star maxed out namor with sig.

Namor would not make for a solid AW boss. He's very easy to fight, especially since the AI doesn't throw Sp3's fast enough in Imperius Rex. That means you can hammer into him all day when he's in Imperius Rex and he won't be able to reach a Sp3. And if you think beating a 4 star Xbones with your maxed 3* is something, try this rotation: Parry, double mediums till you're at 20 stacks of Outrage. Bait out a special if your opponent has one, then throw a Sp3 at around 25 stacks and throw a combo when you come out of it (get a little power for a guaranteed Sp3 when you hit Imperius Rex). When you hit Imperius Rex, immediately throw a Sp3, dash back in and throw as many Sp2's as you can and throw a heavy if you get a stun and then whatever Sp1's you can. Forget 4 stars, you'll be knocking down 4/55 and 5/65 5*s like this.