**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Siphon tactic way too extreme!

If your team hasn’t gone up against this new defender tactic prepare for the best of you players to fail miserably. We’re talking about dying just by blocking a combo of hits. The deduction is 1500 on your block proficiency that stacks to three which equals 4500. Especially going against characters like Dr. doom that have stats on the block Penetration makes you literally have to intercept the whole entire fight against maxed out defenders. Now that rank 3 6 stars are in the question not even rainbow boosts can help you from the damage you get dealt through the block. This needs to be rebalanced big time because every single team from platinum 4 now are going to use this tactic 100% Knowing the difficulty love it. It literally just takes the fun out of war it’s not even worth trying. Please let me know your experiences and record your fights against villains with this tactic and please share the ugliness to what war Is about to become.

Comments

• OpieN98OpieN98 Posts: 7
    Yeah. I’m going to quickly 2nd this. Got a Doom on node 20. It’s an absolute joke of a fight.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Again this is obscure, did you bring a team to deal with siphon/villains? Seems to me people get stuck in old habits and don’t assess their situations to their attackers.

So if evade is the global node, do you not see if you can bring a true strike champ that can assist on your lane? But people throw on siphon and no one thinks about how their attackers will work against villains??

So many options that would be ideal to handle the situation but instead of thinking it through y’all just complain on the forums.

🤔Doom On unstoppable/siphon shared fight node 20. Who would be a good attacker?
    Just off the top of my head I can think of 5, without digging deeper into my roster.
  • KapshawKapshaw Posts: 2
    I agree, this siphon defense tactic is way too much. It should be revisited by kabam before season starts.
  • KapshawKapshaw Posts: 2

Kapshaw said:

I agree, this siphon defense tactic is way too much. It should be revisited by kabam before season starts.

Good luck with that.... like i said, all this post is going to do is spread the word and make it worse for everyone during seasons. GG
    What else is OP supposed to do? If OP doesn't say anything then kabam isn't going to hear people's opinions. I'm not sure if kabam will do anything with the feedback regardless but still have to try. And even if OP didn't say anything here in forums, the information would still get spread across other means of communication.
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    I don’t believe I’m the first person to bring this to certain peoples attention. I believe people already know about it I’m just stating that some players it’s going to be easier, The majority of the players aren’t going to know what hit them. So now that they know maybe they can bring that certain team to counter it, What about Angus where you have to fight Annil. Most people do rely on Parry, Not every person is gonna just start getting good with wasp And intercepting the whole fight
  • DavidS98DavidS98 Posts: 1
    This tactic is going to make war unbalanced as alliances are going to lower diversity and make war distasteful. Kabam has to look into changing this tactic as soon as possible.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    I like how they added +40% ability accuracy (sarcasm).. exactly what Blade removes with danger sense. I guess Blade isn't making a comeback in aw folks:) RIP
    R.i.p To every single person that thought they were going to make it through the season without dying. Now you got to make it throughout the whole entire season without being hit. Better dig deep into your roster because you’re about to get hit with “siphon” next war. You will feel the wrath of it and I look forward to your post looking for the Nerf
    Munrolm02 said:

R.i.p To every single person that thought they were going to make it through the season without dying. Now you got to make it throughout the whole entire season without being hit. Better dig deep into your roster because you’re about to get hit with “siphon” next war. You will feel the wrath of it and I look forward to your post looking for the Nerf

We are facing siphon in our war atm. I didn’t die and just took out another mini.
    . Well all I know is if you’re reading this time to cut your diversity and make every member place Villains. If you can place the best villain defender 10 times per group Might as well go for it while the tactic is live.Next war is going to be so fun when everyone gets a taste.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Thanks for blowing up the spot for a ton of alliances who may not have figured it out yet..... All you're doing by **** and moaning with a forum post is spreading the word so more alliances are going to do it and you'll face the problem every war as opposed to every couple of wars. Great post. #dangersense

Now that’s just a load of rubbish tbh, people will find out the best defence tactic easily by facing it, it seems a huge amount of alliances have it already even though it’s the first war with updated modifiers, the couple hundred who see this post 95% will already know and the other 5% would know in the next couple days
    edited January 2020
    Lol Bro you’re not even in the same teir that offers siphon you’re like in teir 9😂.dude talking like you know what it’s like to be in a top alliance
    Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

We are facing siphon in our war atm. I didn’t die and just took out another mini.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

What tier are you in? They only changed the nodes for tiers 1-5, based on your war rating it looks like you are tier 5 or 6. Anyone below tier 5 can’t really comment on new AW nodes since their nodes haven’t changed at all.
    Munrolm02 said:

Lol Bro you’re not even in the same teir that offers siphon you’re like in teir 9😂.dude talking like you know what it’s like to be in a top alliance

Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

Eric987 said:

Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

What tier are you in? They only changed the nodes for tiers 1-5, based on your war rating it looks like you are tier 5 or 6. Anyone below tier 5 can’t really comment on new AW nodes since their nodes haven’t changed at all.
    We are in tier 4...y’all not very smart to go off some previous season rankings. We also finish top 30 in alliance quest. So you two can take whatever information and try to turn it against me. Although you’ll still need to get better if you want to compete.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

Eric987 said:

Jaded said:

Munrolm02 said:

We are in tier 4...y’all not very smart to go off some previous season rankings. We also finish top 30 in alliance quest. So you two can take whatever information and try to turn it against me. Although you’ll still need to get better if you want to compete.
    Where you rank in AQ has nothing to do with AW, was simply asking what tier war you were in since that is relevant information to the discussion. I don’t base any observation on previous season ranking, I base it off of the 2,418 current war rating in your alliance which seems low for tier 4. I actually haven’t played against the new siphon node yet so I have no idea how bad it is but if you aren’t playing on the same nodes then you can’t comment on how easy it is.

Very cool that you brag about tier 4 war though and it’s funny that you think I’m trying to compete with you. I have higher prestige then you and play in tier 1/2 war so you’re not really competition.
  • We appreciate the feedback but this thread has gotten a bit derailed so we will be closing it at this time.
This discussion has been closed.