**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant 2.2.2 Global Node Bug

I saw another thread about this issue from last year and find it now to STILL not be resolved.

I am working on completing the variants so I took my 4 star rank 5 Dormommu into the variant 2 quest with the dimensional dominion node. This node is supposed to function as giving Dormommu/Thanos an indestructible as well as an unstoppable when successfully landing a heavy attack on the opponent. Instead I find that when I’m landing heavy attacks, sometimes no buffs trigger, sometimes only an unstoppable triggers, sometimes only an indestructible triggers, and sometimes both trigger as they’re supposed to. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it should be working correctly EVERY time. There is no nodes on the opponents I’m facing that should decrease the ability accuracy of this nor nullify these buffs do I am unsure of what is causing them not to trigger and would appreciate it being looked into and resolved if it isn’t working as intended.

Comments

• Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I guess there is buffet in that quest not sure tho
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★

I guess there is buffet in that quest not sure tho

There is no buffet. I've made 2 threads about this after someone else already made 1. The first got removed but the second stayed up. I don't know why but Kabam doesn't want to adress thus bug.

It has something to do with the mastery that grants you ability accuracy reduction on stun. It messes the buffs up while you do parry heavy. So what I advise is parry and wait for the timer to be almost over and just al the last moment throw your heavy. This way you have the most chance to get both buffs.
  • Options
    Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 340 ★★
    I noticed this too, usually not an issue because can dash back a few times waiting in the timer. There is a buffet path though btw.
  • Options
    Hey there, do you happen to have any video of this happening? Or would you be able to tell us what version of the game you are on while seeing this, which Champion you were fighting, and any nodes that might be active, even if they're ones that don't alter ability accuracy?
  • Options

Not sure how to upload a video here, but here’s a pic from my video. First fight, first heavy. Parry-heavy hit with both hits. Only got unstoppable. Nodes were just limber and buff duration. IOS 13.3.1.
  • Options
    Might have to do with the pacify mastery as original poster stated. Thor was stunned when it happened.
  • Options
    You can share a video here by posting it to a website like youtube and then sharing the link here.
  • Options
    CunnusCunnus Posts: 18
    edited May 2020
    This is a known bug that was supposedly fixed a while back. I was looking into it again as I’m trying to get exploration of V2 done.

Apparently it’s an issue with masteries, although this should not effect Dormammu, it does.

Summoners which have the ‘Pacify’ mastery, which I do, aren’t gaining the global node’s unstoppable or indestructible when they’re meant to.

I fought Diablo yesterday (limber 20%, aggression regeneration) and the fight went perfectly, I moved onto Hela (same nodes) and the global node didn’t work. I backed out and started again, global node didn’t work on Diablo.

I’m going to begrudgingly change my masteries and see if this helps at all.
  • Options
    So I changed my masteries, and sure enough, the unstoppable and indestructible are triggering now, but it's still not ALL of the time, there's still the occasion where you'll only gain one of the two buffs (usually unstoppable), which is a nightmare, because you end up taking damage when you're not expecting it.

This has been a known issue for well over a year, and I've now wasted units changing my masteries, and I can guarantee I'm not the only summoner affected by this. Very poor show from Kabam.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Cunnus said:

So I changed my masteries, and sure enough, the unstoppable and indestructible are triggering now, but it's still not ALL of the time, there's still the occasion where you'll only gain one of the two buffs (usually unstoppable), which is a nightmare, because you end up taking damage when you're not expecting it.

This has been a known issue for well over a year, and I've now wasted units changing my masteries, and I can guarantee I'm not the only summoner affected by this. Very poor show from Kabam.

Just curious when it failed was the defender in assassin range? And do you have the assassin mastery on?
  • Options
    We've passed the new information on to the rest of the team to review. If you are able to share your full video, or if anyone else has footage of this occurring in the most recent update, we will pass those along as well.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Cunnus

Good information!

Out of curiosity, when you had the pacify mastery on, were you able to Heavy Intercept and trigger the node? In other words, I figure most of your heavy attacks took place while the opponent was stunned and I wanted to know if you could still have the pacify mastery on and trigger the node in the absence of a stun effect.
  • Options
    Patchie93 said:

Cunnus said:

Just curious when it failed was the defender in assassin range? And do you have the assassin mastery on?
    Hi, sorry, I hadn’t seen your message.

No, this was throughout the entire fight, I run Assassin at level 1. Not sure if that had any impact on it.
  • Options

@Cunnus

Good information!

Out of curiosity, when you had the pacify mastery on, were you able to Heavy Intercept and trigger the node? In other words, I figure most of your heavy attacks took place while the opponent was stunned and I wanted to know if you could still have the pacify mastery on and trigger the node in the absence of a stun effect.

I was still able to fight as usual, most of my heavy attacks were done when the enemy was stunned. I can’t recall whether I tried many intercepting heavies.

When working correctly, any connecting heavy attacks (within the cool down timer) should trigger the extra abilities.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    I recorded several fights last night and compared videos I took yesterday to videos from last year. After several fights, I noticed that something was off and It was harder. Honestly this map and the issues I’m seeing with the global nodes are a mess. Here’s what I’ve noticed:

1. Buff duration from the Cultivating Mass node (unstoppable/indestructible) has changed and is shorter than last year.
    Buffs are lasting 13-14 seconds now
    Last year they were lasting 20 seconds.

So... eIther something was changed since last year or the cultivating mass node is bugged.. .or both . Every single fight in 2.2. is totally different fight than last year. This messes with the 10 second recharge timer for Dimensional Domination and now all fights are now much more difficult than it was last year.

2. Runaway Express node: It that says XL attackers get an unblockable attack at every 10 hits on their combo meter. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that kick in.

3. Dimensional Dominion node, which is the subject of this and other threads, is still not triggering all the time. I think will-o-wisp and mirage_turtle might be onto something and that it’s failing to trigger because of the Pacify mastery. I have 2 pts in pacify now. Not sure about last year but Im sure I had a minimum of 1 point in Pacify. Personally, I am personally not willing to spend any units to redo my masteries to test this out without pacify. Why not.... read on...

After spending hours recording and comparing Videos last night, I said to myself, why am I spending so much time on this? Has Kabam tested this and if so how could Miss these issues with the global nodes (Dimensional dominion and Runaway Express) not triggering? Why am I doing all the work? Like I said, it’s a total mess and the issues with Dimensional Dominion were brought up last year. I posted FIVE videos last year showing DD not triggering and after being told it was being brought to the game team.... no reply, zero explanation, zero response. Here we are almost a year later and we’re being asked to post more vids, provide more details ,etc.. Can Kabam post or vid if it working as intended or working as described???

So here’s one vid from last night showing things that are not working per their description. I’d like to know if there is a bug with each of these nodes or If not, please clarify exactly what the node does and how it works.

1. Cultivating mass node: Why is there a difference in buff duration from last year to today?? This makes a huge difference in difficulty.. This is a head scratcher.

2. Dimensional Dominion failing to trigger eIther unstoppable/indestructible.

3. Runaway Express not giving an unblockable attack when our combo reached 10,20,30, etc... hits

https://youtu.be/6YDMMi6tLNE

And here a video from last year where the buff duration is 20 seconds.

https://youtu.be/-KtV1UL79yw

Here is a pic of the global nodes in question.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Just like in the previous thread, I’m using heimdal synergy with my team.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/135300/variant-2-2-dormomu-not-gaining-indestructible#latest

iPad 6th Gen
    iOS 13.4.1
    MCoC 27.0
    No boosts active

Team:
    5* Dormmamu
    4* Dormmamu
    5* Hyperion
    5* Heimdallr
    5* venom

If the Dimensional Dominion node doesn’t make me indestructible and unstoppable, then why punish me with a refresh timer for something that didn’t trigger??

At the end, my Heimdall synergy kicks in , I do a heavy attack and only the unstoppable kicks in. No indestructible, so I get hit and die

https://youtu.be/gESgEPAxZxE
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Thank you for the testing you're doing.
  • Options
    I guess we’re just going to forget about all these bugs again.