**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    How many sig stones in a sig stone crystal?
  • Options
    ms_5707983ms_5707983 Posts: 93
    So if I do the master difficulty every day it's available, will that total enough for a 5 star awakening gem?
  • Options
    Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    Easy enough difficulty. Give us more sig stones and revives please
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

So if I do the master difficulty every day it's available, will that total enough for a 5 star awakening gem?

If you're thorough, yes, easily.

You'll want to make sure you hit all the milestones on the daily MODOK quest, too.

28 days of Island quests, but no Sunday milestones so only 24 of those:
    28x30 = 840 coins (if you run Master)
    24x36 = 864 coins

Plus there are 13 MODOK contracts over the month - the first is Sabretooth, reward is 10 coins
    10x13 = 130 coins

Total (without setting foot in Epic quests) is: 1834 coins

That'll get you a Gem, a couple of full T2A catalysts, and some change...
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153

Starz said:

How many sig stones in a sig stone crystal?

One.
    ugghh..
  • Options
    magic_pig1299magic_pig1299 Posts: 12
    to be honest the shard reward could be higher to make me want to do this event quest
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,777 ★★★★★
    Just like all the other lab type of events I'll be skipping this one as well. Your randomziers arent really random and your buff pool for the defenders are the worst you can think of. As usual. But what else do I expect from kabam by now after 5 years. Lol
  • Options
    BERKZ516BERKZ516 Posts: 1
    I havnt missed a day and my calendar is showing I’m not able to get the last sample collector... can I get some help with this?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    So, new content for endgame players. Is it something we never saw before, like a new game mode?
    Guess I'll have to wait till the end of the week to find out, but seems promising
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    Timone147 said:

So executed first pass on this.

Overall impressions are... for a developed roster it’s not overly hard. It is annoying reading through all the nodes and picking a path and rerolling the same terrible combinations over and over again, but it’s not hard. This is the same as it always is but actually worse with so many damn paths because now to make sure I’m taking the best path I have to read all the nodes on 6 paths. Then after reading all of them I realize basically they all have some sort of absurd node combination I’ll have to reroll some anyway.

I do believe the increase in paths was an attempt to respond to feedback in previous iterations to give more options but for me it misses the Mark on achieving that.

This event style is the same it always is and has the same issue of uncalibrated rewards as the last time we ran this style of event. The rng difficulty is frustrating, the reroll function is frustrating because it keeps spitting out basically the same nodes over and over sometimes, the difficulty to reward is frustrating, the time dedication of this event is frustrating.

Literally the most frustrating part is when this style event runs the feedback is the exact same EVERYTIME. And yet here we go again. By day 10 of this people are over it and by mid month it becomes a chore. The small tweaks like not having to do daily and more paths for more options do not fix the root of the problem with this style event.

The core idea of the event centered around rng difficulty you cannot plan for and the lack of balance in rewards based on difficulty is the problem. By the end of this month I’ll have achieved less value from this event then I got out of rifts with 100% more effort and frustration. That is a BIG problem.

Agree with this - took me a good minute deciding which path to go down..the Skill path where everyone had 75% tenacity & crit resonance... the cosmic path where everyone had spite & nullify failure... or the mutant path were everyone had unblockable specials and aggression prowess.

Nodes designed to counter the class advantage on a path every fight and re-rolling merely brought 2 of 3 buffs back (always the worst ones) - similar to the Sinister labs. With only a couple of randomizers and 2 deleters, you might as well not use them given you have 6 fights plus the boss each go. If yo try to buy then all the gold you earn gets spent on RNG rolls instead of the store.

Not impressed, despite the zero energy as said before - the time commitment and unavoidable damage node combinations for scant rewards isn't great. Even worse when you have AQ &AW running and champs are locked out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    great news Miike!!!
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    My305 said:

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to address your feedback on the rewards for this event. We recognize that this store does not feature the rewards that our end-game players are looking for. Rewards reflect the difficulty, and the progression level we aim for, which in this case has not been our end game players. '

Originally, our intention was to have Book 2 Act 1 starting this month, or soon after, which would have given our most experienced Summoners something to dig in to, but as you know, we've pushed that back.

We will also have more content aimed at our endgame players next month. We'll have more information on that for you before the end of the week, so please keep an eye out on the forums for more on how we'll be starting on our playable road to the Cavalier Difficulty level. (No, that doesn't mean Cavalier difficulty is coming next month...)

For this event, we're going to add a few more things to the store that our players have requested (though, not everything requested... We've got to save some stuff for the higher difficulty level!). Special shout out once again to our CCP and the members of the community that shared their thoughts with us on this subject constructively and eloquently.

For Cavalier Players, we will be adding the following options to the Store:
    - 5-Star Generic Signature Stones (Limit 20, 16 Coins)
    - 1000 5-Star Shards (Limit 15, 20 Coins)

Additionally, we're increasing the Maximum T5B Catalyst Fragments from 3 to 5.

This will be live in-game tomorrow. We don't have a definite time yet, and the prices are still subject to change, but we wanted to let you all know as soon as possible.

You are telling me after what I just went through in those labs and the post that I just spent my time making, that the only change you are making is letting ONLY CAVALIER players buy a couple more tiny little items in the store??? Why can't uncollected players buy the generic sig stones??? And how is this supposed to fix anything? It literally helps a player of my status 0% !!!!!!!!! And I'm still supposed to run that nightmare fecal quest 27 more times and do solo 20+ fight objectives that render me coins that are still just as useless because I'm uncollected and not cavalier??? What a giant help!!! Even if I had access to the cavalier portion of the store, it would still be awful. This is really your reaponse??? Thanks Miike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have to disagree with part of what you said on this one. Kabam Miike's response was very positive and directly addressed the concerns of the summoners who commented on this thread, and those concerns were that the sig stones were not enough in the shop and that there should have been some 5 star shards. However, I do feel as if us Uncollected players should have the option to purchase 5 star shards (maybe for a higher price) because 5 stars are essential to our progression as we can't use 4 stars in Act 6.1 and beyond.
  • Options
    It would have been nice if Uncollected players had the option of 5 star shards in the shop and Cavalier players had the option of 6 star shards in the shop. That's how the progression levels of MCOC look like. Uncollected players need 5 stars, while Cavalier players need 6 stars.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Nice!!!!! I know this probably won’t satisfy a lot of the super hardcore endgame players With r3 6 stars and stuff like that but for the cavalier players in 6.1 and 6.2 these rewards will definetly make this event a lot more exciting, thanks for listening guys!
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to address your feedback on the rewards for this event. We recognize that this store does not feature the rewards that our end-game players are looking for. Rewards reflect the difficulty, and the progression level we aim for, which in this case has not been our end game players. '

Originally, our intention was to have Book 2 Act 1 starting this month, or soon after, which would have given our most experienced Summoners something to dig in to, but as you know, we've pushed that back.

We will also have more content aimed at our endgame players next month. We'll have more information on that for you before the end of the week, so please keep an eye out on the forums for more on how we'll be starting on our playable road to the Cavalier Difficulty level. (No, that doesn't mean Cavalier difficulty is coming next month...)

For this event, we're going to add a few more things to the store that our players have requested (though, not everything requested... We've got to save some stuff for the higher difficulty level!). Special shout out once again to our CCP and the members of the community that shared their thoughts with us on this subject constructively and eloquently.

This will be live in-game tomorrow. We don't have a definite time yet, and the prices are still subject to change, but we wanted to let you all know as soon as possible.

Cheers! Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    RO53TT1RO53TT1 Posts: 319
    I see where it says we can earn a maximum of 3024 gold coins to spend in the hotel modok store, but what I don't see Is how many extra gold coins we can get if we are willing to spend $5, $10 or $15 bucks a day in the last 6 or 7 days of the event, u know that whole pay to play and get ahead thing.
  • Options

Hey everybody,

Thanks for listening, but this really isn't that great for Cavalier players. I look at 5* crystals as ways to get 6* shards now. I'd rather see 1000 6* shards for the same price as the full limit than the 5* shards. Just my opinion, but right now the only items that hold any real value to me are the revives since I still have a couple paths to do in Abyss.
    I agree. I think Cavalier players should have the option of 6 star shards and Uncollected players should have the option of 5 star shards. That would be fair for everyone.
  • Options

Several players were unable to access the M.o.d.o.k calendar. that appeared only tonight, including 01 less sample collector. As if we had stopped logging in. I wonder if there will be any compensation for this bug.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike Where did this 3024 coins figure come from? I am trying to some up and being lost.

• You said in the post there will be 13 special solo that makes 260 coins.
    • There are 28 collector samples in calendar and you sent 2 more via in-game mail. So total 30 entries to Epic that makes 60 x 30 = 1800.
    • Solo events give 36 each day that makes 36 x 28 = 1008
    So 260 + 1800 + 1008 = 3068. Correct me if I missed something.
    No solo event on Sunday, probably there
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    What does, Additionally, we're increasing the Maximum T5B Catalyst Fragments from 3 to 5, refer too? Does it mean 3000 to 5000?