**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Disproportionate punishments

GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
Two years ago I was stupidly posting recruiting add in the global chat as many people do still today.
This was the first and only time I did that and I might have done it a bit too fast.
After 2 or 3 minutes I was banned without any notice from the chat and two years later I still can’t use it.
Now, I certainly deserved a temporary ban, possibly after some warning, but a permanent ban it was and still is honestly too much. Also if you go in global now it’s mostly people spamming recruiting adds.
On the same time people that have been caught cheating only receive a temporary ban. I find this pretty unfair honestly. I don’t miss the chat functionality much but it is annoying at times for example in incursions.
The thing that annoys me the most is the fact that whenever I tried to ask for explanation I only always got the same automated reply.

Comments

• GiomeGiome Posts: 170 ★★
    I am absolutely against any form of cheating including mercing. I was posting only a recruiting message
    I think I didn’t it too often in a short amount of time and that violates the tos
    I had never used global before
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    so how do you know you were banned?
    Giome said:

I had never used global before

you can also get banned for things you say in alliance and person to person chat

so how do you know you were banned?

Because I lost all chat functionalities not only global
    Can I ask you why you are implying that I am somehow a cheater or a shady person? @TheBair123 ?
    Giome said:

Can I ask you why you are implying that I am somehow a cheater or a shady person? @TheBair123 ?

you don't get banned for recruiting for an alliance. i've seen people get banned for cursing, making threats, and cheating/mercing
    Giome said:

You guys can believe whatever you like the matter of the fact is that I was spamming recruiting messages and I got banned from that. It is amazing how easy people draw conclusions with very little knowledge about the person they are interacting too.

no one ever said that you did anything against the tos. we just asked if you did, because that's what people get banned for. if you really do believe you got banned for alliance recruiting, then write a ticket, and if they don't do anything about it, just let it go and move on
    Jaded said:

Giome said:

You guys can believe whatever you like the matter of the fact is that I was spamming recruiting messages and I got banned from that. It is amazing how easy people draw conclusions with very little knowledge about the person they are interacting to.

Rule #27 - we don’t not speak of bans or punishments on accounts on the forums.
    Fair enough
This discussion has been closed.